...on the horizon

Oops - looks like I initially put this in the wrong forum - thanks for moving it!

MMM used to be the right forum, and this new forum is perhaps a little too hidden here inside MoTS.

What can be done to unhide it?

Oops - looks like I initially put this in the wrong forum - thanks for moving it!

MMM used to be the right forum, and this new forum is perhaps a little too hidden here inside MoTS.

What can be done to unhide it?

Short of putting EiSI out on the main page as a forum, as opposed to being a subforum, I'm not sure what could be done. I don't think it's quite busy enough to justify being on the main page.

We figured EiSI would get more attention being in MoTS, one of the busiest forums on the board.

:blah: Attention all planets of the Solar Federation...... :LOL:

I am here to give my unprofessional opinion of JARG's album - Mars on the Horizon - which he so graciously and kindly sent to me for my listening pleasure and less than expert opinion. :)

Anyone here that loves Rush will love JARG'S album. The Rush influence is heavy and can be picked up by any Rush fan. Many tempo changes in the songs, and you would swear they had Alex playing lead guitar on the album. :)

The Most Dangerous Game - The intro to the song grabbed me. When I heard the lead guitar chime in, my only thought was "Alex". The lyrics sound awkward for the singer to sing at one point. He has a good voice, but he sounds better when he isn't singing low.

Break You - it is catchy and, the more you listen to it, the more you like it. I love the lyrics ("I know the pain is real but don't let them break you").

Angels of Chrome - The music is good, but I don't like the singer on this one. He has a better voice than that. Something about it that reminds me of The Cure from the early nineties.

Human Chain - Another song I don't care for the singer's voice and one of my least favorite songs on the album.

Open Up the Door - Ditto

Spinner's End

East of Eden

A World Apart

A Farewell to the Heart

The four BEST songs on the album.

Talented men who know how to write music with thought. That's the best way I know to put it.

Sorry, JARG, I couldn't do better with my review. :)

JARG, you are very welcome. And thanks a ton to you for sending it to me! I genuinely do like it, and I admire your talent enormously. They didn't sound like easy songs to write to me and it seemed to me that a lot of thought went into them.
  • Like 1

JARG, you are very welcome. And thanks a ton to you for sending it to me! I genuinely do like it, and I admire your talent enormously. They didn't sound like easy songs to write to me and it seemed to me that a lot of thought went into them.

My songs were pretty easy to write. I'm not sure about the other guys' songs.