Songs from the 70's he could still sing now!

Pars123

This one is on the border line of 70's/80's but Jacob's Ladder is an easy vocal in comparison and would be a real crowd pleaser.

By-Tor isn't too bad, he could pull that off for sure.

I think By-Tor goes to about G5... If they had to downtune 2112, then :huh:

Edit: nope, apparently it's about D5. Never mind, he could probably pull that one off...

Edited by len(songs)

I can't believe Rivendell was mentioned but not Twilight Zone..

I don't think he could sing The Twilight Zone anymore.

Yeah there's no way. The verses are insanely high (no pun intended :smoke: )
  • Like 1

If Scars, Red Sector A or The Weapon I use this one............

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg

Very appropriate. I like the bigger one that rotates, but the smaller one does just as well.

My computer skills have limitations unfortunately. What I can do, I do pretty well but there are so many things I have yet to figure out....... :fuckinputer:

It's the same process, use the address of the gif with the same tag. :)

In the Mood - i know its not a favorite of theirs, but my goodness this is easily possible and a good bone to throw 70's fans

Working Man

Bytor - still works pretty well

In The End (easily for awhile, then a bit of a struggle)

A a Passage to Bangkok

2112 - getting harder each year though. Honestly it would be the 1st to fall off this list, except i don't think that would ever happen

Xanadu - especially if they keep shortening it (sigh)

Closer to the Heart (getting rough)

The Trees

Circumstances (chorus is hard though)

• Like 1

In the Mood - i know its not a favorite of theirs, but my goodness this is easily possible and a good bone to throw 70's fans

Working Man

A a Passage to Bangkok

2112 - getting harder each year though. Honestly it would be the 1st to fall off this list, except i don't think that would ever happen

The Trees

In The Mood is a huge favorite of Geddy's. In fact, I suspect that the only reason they sang it for every tour until 1991 (I think) is because he wrote that thing himself.

And I don't want that one live because (1) it's a weaker track off the album, and (2) I have so many live versions of this friggin' song.

• Like 2

Working Man

A a Passage to Bangkok

The Trees

Closer to the Heart is really tough on the old Gedster these days, they should retire that one. The Trees is also pretty brutal, they might want to retire that one as well...honestly, if they play Xanadu, Cinderella Man, and Natural Science that will be enough 70s for me. Although I always love hearing 2112

I agree In the Mood is a weaker track from that album, but if the last tour was 91' then i was 8 years old. So many songs I want to hear will never happen and were retired before I was concert age (or even born in some cases). Its just one that I think could happen easily. I'd prefer like 25 70's songs over it, but Anthem, Bastille Day, Necromancer, something for nothing, etc...are never happening. Edited by 404-ed!!!

Working Man

A a Passage to Bangkok

The Trees

Closer to the Heart is really tough on the old Gedster these days, they should retire that one. The Trees is also pretty brutal, they might want to retire that one as well...honestly, if they play Xanadu, Cinderella Man, and Natural Science that will be enough 70s for me. Although I always love hearing 2112

They could squeeze in Rivendell too.

• Like 1

Working Man

A a Passage to Bangkok

The Trees

I would love to hear a Resist style version of Rivendell Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Working Man

A a Passage to Bangkok

The Trees

I would love to hear a Resist style version of Rivendell

You mean like the album version?

He could sing any and all the 70's material if he would just sing in a lower register and as long as the music was spot on who gives a shit if the vocals were not in a high register

Imagine them saying we were going to play hemispheres with the vocals a little lower pitched but the music would still be kick ass and exact but too many fans would complain about the vocals not sounding like they used to so we are just going play roll the bones instead because they can do the vocals justice

It's about the music to me

He can tone down the vocals to conserve his voice

You might be surprised and it might sound kick ass

I guess I just don't care cuz I want the 70's stuff played before they are done regardless if the vocals are spot on

It's what's missing from all their live releases

They have to break out rare stuff to play and capture

They're running out of tours

They did a great job covering the 80's on the CA tour

Now it's the 70's turn

HERE, HERE!!!!!

Working Man

A a Passage to Bangkok

The Trees

I would love to hear a Resist style version of Rivendell

You mean like the album version?

I always thought it'd be cool if they totally reworked Rivendell into a fast rockin tune changing everything but the lyrics. Not that the lyrics are winning any prizes or anything but just as a way of "fixing" it.

Then when the setlist gets leaked, we'd all be like Rivendell? WTF ?? Until we see it live and hear something similar to Bastille day! :D

hey one can dream lol

• Like 1

He could sing any and all the 70's material if he would just sing in a lower register and as long as the music was spot on who gives a shit if the vocals were not in a high register

Imagine them saying we were going to play hemispheres with the vocals a little lower pitched but the music would still be kick ass and exact but too many fans would complain about the vocals not sounding like they used to so we are just going play roll the bones instead because they can do the vocals justice

It's about the music to me

He can tone down the vocals to conserve his voice

You might be surprised and it might sound kick ass

I guess I just don't care cuz I want the 70's stuff played before they are done regardless if the vocals are spot on

It's what's missing from all their live releases

They have to break out rare stuff to play and capture

They're running out of tours

They did a great job covering the 80's on the CA tour

Now it's the 70's turn

HERE, HERE!!!!!

What they said.

Geddy can still sing any Rush song....just not the same as he did in the 70s.....It's not like Geddy can't sing.

I disagree. Do you think he can still sing Cygnus X-1?

• Like 2

I know I keep harping on about it, but if they were to downtune everything by a half step (not just the handful they already do) it would considerably widen the songs he could sing and be barely noticeable from an audiences standpoint...Judas Priest did this to very good effect.
  • Like 1

I know I keep harping on about it, but if they were to downtune everything by a half step (not just the handful they already do) it would considerably widen the songs he could sing and be barely noticeable from an audiences standpoint...Judas Priest did this to very good effect.

I don't know.. I noticed JP fairly easily..

I don't know.. I noticed JP fairly easily..