Jump to content


What is Rush's best album?

album best poll

  • Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: What is Rush's best album? (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Rush's top album

  1. Rush (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. Fly By Night (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. Caress Of Steel (3 votes [4.69%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.69%

  4. 2112 (1 votes [1.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.56%

  5. A Farewell To Kings (7 votes [10.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.94%

  6. Hemispheres (14 votes [21.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.88%

  7. Permanent Waves (8 votes [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  8. Moving Pictures (14 votes [21.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.88%

  9. Signals (1 votes [1.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.56%

  10. Grace Under Pressure (1 votes [1.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.56%

  11. Power Windows (2 votes [3.12%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.12%

  12. Hold Your Fire (4 votes [6.25%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.25%

  13. Presto (1 votes [1.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.56%

  14. Roll The Bones (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  15. Counterparts (1 votes [1.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.56%

  16. Test For Echo (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  17. Vapor Trails (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  18. Snakes & Arrows (1 votes [1.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.56%

  19. Clockwork Angels (6 votes [9.38%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.38%

  20. Stick pins in Pound Of Obscure's eyes (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Spaghetti Lee

Spaghetti Lee

    Prime Mover

  • Banned
  • 726 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Presto needs some hate...

:goodone:

Sponsored Post

#262 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostSpaghetti Lee, on 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Presto needs some hate...

:goodone:

It's still better than any of your albums.

#263 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostSpaghetti Lee, on 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Presto needs some hate...

:goodone:

It's still better than any of your albums.

:o   Are you saying that Spaghetti Lee is really David Lee Roth?

#264 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostLorraine, on 31 July 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostSpaghetti Lee, on 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Presto needs some hate...

:goodone:

It's still better than any of your albums.

:o   Are you saying that Spaghetti Lee is really David Lee Roth?

No, I am saying he is Dream Theater.

(I'm being facetious because I don't think I've ever listened to an entire Dream Theater album - except for Falling Into Infinity)

Edited by savagegrace26, 31 July 2014 - 05:10 PM.


#265 len(songs)

len(songs)

    The Archivist

  • Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

You know what? Even though I like Hemispheres better, I'm going for Moving Pictures. A flawless album, and nearly universally regarded as one of their best; also, their most accessible/least polarizing.

#266 Rutlefan

Rutlefan

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2108 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland
  • Interests:Things that roll and fly, Tolkien, baseball (depressingly fatalistic Tribe fan), classic sci-fi, history and such

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

^ I like Hemispheres better too, but I also voted for MP, because ... it is their *best* album. It's a fact. It's a Canadian fact, brought to you by the Canadian Bureau of Facts.

#267 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 773 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newark, Delaware
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

For me it is a virtual tie between Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures. I went with Hemispheres in the poll, the tiebreaker being that La Villa Strangiato is my overall favorite song ever.

#268 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 31 July 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

For me it is a virtual tie between Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures. I went with Hemispheres in the poll, the tiebreaker being that La Villa Strangiato is my overall favorite song ever.

Well it's technically not a song because there are no vocals...

#269 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 773 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newark, Delaware
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 31 July 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

For me it is a virtual tie between Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures. I went with Hemispheres in the poll, the tiebreaker being that La Villa Strangiato is my overall favorite song ever.

Well it's technically not a song because there are no vocals...

Wow… and all these years I thought it was my favorite song…. MY LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!  :|

#270 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 31 July 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

View Postsavagegrace26, on 31 July 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 31 July 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

For me it is a virtual tie between Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and Moving Pictures. I went with Hemispheres in the poll, the tiebreaker being that La Villa Strangiato is my overall favorite song ever.

Well it's technically not a song because there are no vocals...

Wow… and all these years I thought it was my favorite song…. MY LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!  :|

I'm sorry that I destroyed your illusion. But you're better off being in a world of cold, hard reality than living in a deception of delusion and fantasy.

Edited by savagegrace26, 31 July 2014 - 10:23 PM.


#271 Pause Rewind Replay

Pause Rewind Replay

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Moving Pictures.  Sorry, I'm boring :zzz: :cool:
The worst thing I can say about anything on it is that Camera Eye is a killer 8-minute song that got diluted to 10.  Everything else is absolute classic.

Wait... someone voted for Presto and it wasn't me?  :lol:

#272 Spaghetti Lee

Spaghetti Lee

    Prime Mover

  • Banned
  • 726 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostPause Rewind Replay, on 01 August 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

Wait... someone voted for Presto and it wasn't me?  :lol:

Oh yeah, sorry about that.  I was debriding the ol' scrote and it mistakenly fell against the keyboard.

#273 Rutlefan

Rutlefan

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2108 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland
  • Interests:Things that roll and fly, Tolkien, baseball (depressingly fatalistic Tribe fan), classic sci-fi, history and such

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

^ Congratulations, I almost never have to look up the meaning of a word, but I had to look up "debridement." Does explain how Presto could get a vote. Now off to eat breakfast, if I can still manage.

Edited by Rutlefan, 01 August 2014 - 06:28 AM.


#274 KennyLee

KennyLee

    Always A Bridesmaid

  • Members
  • 2937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delaware
  • Interests:Rush, hockey, Rush and hockey.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostRutlefan, on 31 July 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

^ I like Hemispheres better too, but I also voted for MP, because ... it is their *best* album. It's a fact. It's a Canadian fact, brought to you by the Canadian Bureau of Facts.

For the record, someone did not vote for Hemispheres and I am totally behind that vote because they voted for what they think is the best instead of their favorite. Thanks for truly understanding the poll Rutlefan.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: album, best, poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users