What's your favorite Rush logo?

The Analog Cub

Favorite Rush logo?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which album has your favorite Rush logo?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress Of Steel
    • A Farewell To Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes And Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Rush has all sorts of wacky logos for the band name on their albums. What's your favorite?

My vote goes to Vapor Trails. It looks badass.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_luLpzL40VkU/TUxTEAXySmI/AAAAAAAAGt4/HY53UFTQJ2o/s1600/rushvapor.jpg

Honorable mentions:

A Farewell To Kings

Signals

Roll The Bones

• Like 2

Rush has all sorts of wacky logos for the band name on their albums. What's your favorite?

My vote goes to Vapor Trails. It looks badass.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_luLpzL40VkU/TUxTEAXySmI/AAAAAAAAGt4/HY53UFTQJ2o/s1600/rushvapor.jpg

Honorable mentions:

A Farewell To Kings

Signals

Roll The Bones

This. :)

I love the '50s flavor of Permanent Waves. If not for that I would have also gone with Vapor Trails, the current front runner. Great album cover. Along with PeW and MP, my favorite.
  • Like 1

Just curious - we're essentially talking about a font/typeface here, right? Not a logo in the sense of Van Halen's logo on the first album? I would consider Rush's logo the naked dude on the star.

Just curious - we're essentially talking about a font/typeface here, right? Not a logo in the sense of Van Halen's logo on the first album? I would consider Rush's logo the naked dude on the star.

Logo is usually the print.

Logo is usually the print.

I did not know that! Thx

• Like 1

I have your understanding, but for the sake of the thread, I'll go with the other. I've always thought of Rush's logo as the dude on the start though. Did a quick check on meaning of logo and it is usually a symbol. Acc to Wikipedia, the first trademarked logo was the Bass (ale) red triangle. Note that it wasn't the distinctive Bass script, but the triangle. Anyway, no matter, the thread is about how Rush writes their name on a particular album, whatever you'd call that. Logo's as good as anything.

Edited by Rutlefan

I have your understanding, but for the sake of the thread, I'll go with the other. I've always thought of Rush's logo as the dude on the start though. Did a quick check on meaning of logo and it is usually a symbol. Acc to Wikipedia, the first trademarked logo was the Bass (ale) red triangle. Note that it wasn't the distinctive Bass script, but the triangle. Anyway, no matter, the thread is about how Rush writes their name on a particular album, whatever you'd call that. Logo's as good as anything.

Maybe the nudedude-on-star thing is an . . . icon?

g under p http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/userpix/1864_7328GRACELOG_1.jpg

I always love the simple backward complexity of the logo.

Vapor Trails is second best

Logo would be the starman or the aforementioned p/g. As for the font for the band name, I went with Signals, although PeWaves is a great one too. As for anyone interested in the various RUSH fonts, click below.

http://www.2112.net/rushfonts/

http://www.2112.net/rushfonts/title.gif

Edited by goose

Maybe the nudedude-on-star thing is an . . . icon?

Going back to the cult band thread, for some here it might be an icon ;) .

g under p http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/userpix/1864_7328GRACELOG_1.jpg

I always love the simple backward complexity of the logo.

Vapor Trails is second best

Say I was wondering about this.....is there anyway someone with some time can lay out ALL the logos together? In that image one could better gauge the nuances in the logos in one setting.

Peace