Backing Vocals on Superconductor

zhelder

Hello, all. Huge Rush fan here and I'm very glad to have found this forum. I'm hoping some Rush genius here can answer a question that has been nagging at me for weeks. I've been on a Presto kick lately, finding it to actually be an underrated album. My favorite song on the album is Superconductor. My question is, who sings the backing vocals ("Superconductor, Superconductor...") on the track? Is it Alex or someone else? I know the Presto video shows Alex singing the backing vocals, but I'm wondering if that was just for show (don't tell). Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks for any info, and I'm glad to be part of the group!

• Like 1

PRESTO IS A MASTERPIECE!!

As for Superconductor being the best...um...well...

*hug*

Edited by Segue Myles

I have said it before, and I will say it again: those backing vocals are the worst thing I have ever heard on a Rush album. Good song...but meh...really hate the way they are mixed in the chorus.
  • Like 2

Rupert Hine does the backing vocals. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, that was my next guess.

Wow, we gave some people who are passionate about Presto here. Look, I understand it's not 2112, Permanent Waves, or Moving Pictures, but I still think it's pretty darn good. Geddy does some very good singing and I actually like the backing vocals.

And it is a Rush album, automatically making it better than 99.9% of the stuff out there...

• Like 3

Wow, we gave some people who are passionate about Presto here. Look, I understand it's not 2112, Permanent Waves, or Moving Pictures, but I still think it's pretty darn good. Geddy does some very good singing and I actually like the backing vocals.

And it is a Rush album, automatically making it better than 99.9% of the stuff out there...

Also . . . bunnies. I freakin' love that album cover.

• Like 1

Presto is a wonderful album, just outside of my top 10. I too enjoy the backing vocals, catchy as hell...

Look, I understand it's not 2112, Permanent Waves, or Moving Pictures.

You're right. Presto is better than 2112.

That it is! :yes:

Look, I understand it's not 2112, Permanent Waves, or Moving Pictures.

You're right. Presto is better than 2112.

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

To be fair, I said today that CP is better than Signals...

Glad your question was answered! Also, welcome to the forum! You will meet many, many people, one great: Mr. Segue Myles! He is your new best friend!

Shucks man, I oughta give you cake and draught beer for this!

• Like 1

I have said it before, and I will say it again: those backing vocals are the worst thing I have ever heard on a Rush album. Good song...but meh...really hate the way they are mixed in the chorus.

FFS, I couldn't agree more. I've never heard any of Rupert Hine's music projects but if he sounds like that, I can't imagine myself sitting through an entire album full of those vocals.

• Like 1

Superconductor might be highly polished schmaltz to some on this forum. But I can at least listen to it . I kinda like it . The video I never seen before the internet age and good thing because it is bad. I remember reading on here that one girl who was in the video said they really didnt even know who the video was for ( I think she was the girl in the audience yelling ) . How do you do that ? film the band and crowd at two different times? I don't think Rush has made a good video. Maybe Subdivisions yes that is their best one.

FFS, I couldn't agree more. I've never heard any of Rupert Hine's music projects but if he sounds like that, I can't imagine myself sitting through an entire album full of those vocals.

Pure metal! :haz: