Caress of Steel V Hemispheres

Brucey

Which do you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

My favorite two Rush albums going against each other. Absolutely adore both of them. But, I don't have the Lamneth license plate for nothing. COS it is.
  • Like 2

Ten years ago I would've chosen Hemispheres, hands down. Now, I favor Caress of Steel...an album I used to hate. That's the cool thing about Rush. Their sound is so varied (compare, say, Caress of Steel with Hold Your Fire...is that even the same band?), that as a fan's musical tastes change over the years, an album he used to hate can literally become a favorite. I suspect that has happened to many of you regarding the "synth" years.

I still love Hemispheres, by the way.

• Like 2

Ten years ago I would've chosen Hemispheres, hands down. Now, I favor Caress of Steel...an album I used to hate. That's the cool thing about Rush. Their sound is so varied (compare, say, Caress of Steel with Hold Your Fire...is that even the same band?), that as a fan's musical tastes change over the years, an album he used to hate can literally become a favorite. I suspect that has happened to many of you regarding the "synth" years.

How many times have I thought the same exact thing: is it even the same band? The fact that it is, at least to me, says a lot for them.

And what you said is true - an album that you once disliked can become at a later time your favorite. That's why I hold out a lot of hope for me and Snakes and Arrows.

• Like 1

CoS and HYF are emerging rapidly as my two favourite Rush albums haha!

• Like 1

An album that you once disliked can become at a later time your favorite. That's why I hold out a lot of hope for me and Snakes and Arrows.

SA is to monotonous...keep trying but i see little hope for either of us coming to love that album!

• Like 1

And what you said is true - an album that you once disliked can become at a later time your favorite. That's why I hold out a lot of hope for me and Snakes and Arrows.

Truth.

This is how I felt about Permanent Waves. I always acknowledged it was a great album but I had a friend of mine hype it as one of his top three, which I didn't understand. I thought it was a little too poppy, sans "Jacob's Ladder" and "Natural Science." Plus I didn't "get" "Jacob's Ladder."

Now I'd say it's top five, and if not, it's awfully close. I've grown to like "Freewill" and "Different Strings" more than I once did, and appreciate the album's overall excellence.

If I live to be 1,000 I will never understand all the love for COS. Besides Bastille Day and Lakeside Park it’s a terrible album. Hemispheres is not my favorite but it is a great album.

Its fantastic! But for me, the three shortest songs are the best. I love BD, ITIGB and LP are Rush classics!

As for The Necromancer and TFOL, I have got to be in the mood.

If I live to be 1,000 I will never understand all the love for COS. Besides Bastille Day and Lakeside Park it’s a terrible album. Hemispheres is not my favorite but it is a great album.

Well i don't think it's loved anywhere NEAR enough. Top 5 album for aure.

Mick

• Like 4

Mick

How can we see eye to eye on this and not Hemi... never mind. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Mick

Just celebrate.......we agree on something!!!!! YAY!!!

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Just celebrate.......we agree on something!!!!! YAY!!!

Mick

:7up:

• Like 1

Just the opposite for me. I love those two songs but not the studio versions. ATWAS, or any live version of them I love. The rest of the album is awesome!! :haz: :rush:

• Like 3

Hemispheres, easily. The title epic for me isn't on 2112's level, but it's miles above TFOL and Necromancer. Side 2 with Trees, Circumstances and LVS is excellent. Bastille Day is as good as the Hemi songs, but it's the only track on CoS that I can listen to without having the uncontrollable urge to pick the corn out of my stool.

:wtf: