Rush Hemispheres Pre. 1994

Pars123

What do you guys think??? I've always loved this performance and the power of it. It rocks! :)

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

Great instruments, but damn even 40 year old Geddy is having a tough time with Hemispheres :D The Hemispheres Tour really destroyed his 20yr old voice.

• Like 3

What do you guys think??? I've always loved this performance and the power of it. It rocks! :)

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

Great instruments, but damn even 40 year old Geddy is having a tough time with Hemispheres :D The Hemispheres Tour really destroyed his 20yr old voice.

And that's dropped down a step. Honestly, it is a real bitch. I'm gonna steal the way he sings "Every soul a battlefield" for nights when I'm sick.

I am the biggest Hemispheres lunatic on this site and this performance doesn't grab me. The fans seem more into it than they are. Great song, less than stellar performance.

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

And that's dropped down a step. Honestly, it is a real bitch. I'm gonna steal the way he sings "Every soul a battlefield" for nights when I'm sick.

I am the biggest Hemispheres lunatic on this site and this performance doesn't grab me. The fans seem more into it than they are. Great song, less than stellar performance.

It's the thought that counts. He really tried hard on this one. The fact that it was preceded by Xanadu makes it 10x more awesome. I can deal with Xanadu being cut off after the first half if they play part of Hemispheres.

• Like 5

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

And that's dropped down a step.

The '94 performance in the vid is in the original key.

(In other words, it's not dropped down.)

Edited by JARG
  • Like 2

For Geddy to sing Hemispheres Prelude at 40 years old and not detuning a whole step down is quite an accomplishment regardless if he is struggling with it. If they ever play Xanadu and Hemispheres live again, I would be happy if they did the same arrangement on the Counterparts tour, or if they play the whole of Xanadu and only Prelude off of Hemispheres, with or without detuning. Edited by PolarizeMe

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

:blush: Oops. You're right. My apologies.

• Like 1

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

No worries. I doubt Geddy would have fared any better even if they had dropped it by a step. :)

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

No worries. I doubt Geddy would have fared any better even if they had dropped it by a step. :)

Back in '94? I think he would've had an easier time.

Now? Not a chance in hell he could do either.

• Like 1

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

Yeah, I really don't like this video. It's a little sad, Geddy really goes for it and he can't even get the notes out whatsoever. When he says "the struggle" it sounds like Neil bit him on the ass

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

You don't cut him any slack do you.

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

Yeah, that's wrong. He went for it.

I'm a big fan of effort. I'd rather go for it and fail than do that horrible 80's front man trick of holding the mic out to the audience.

Let me hear you!! Yeah, we're on to that trick.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/15890b9d8b17a903507ffaf6112c3d33/tumblr_mlih641Dpa1rjw2pno1_500.gif

• Like 2

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

I'm a big fan of effort. I'd rather go for it and fail than do that horrible 80's front man trick of holding the mic out to the audience.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/15890b9d8b17a903507ffaf6112c3d33/tumblr_mlih641Dpa1rjw2pno1_500.gif

That's what Paul Stanley has been doing for the last 5 or so years when age hit his voice like a train. He sounds like shit now. 10 years ago he sounded awesome.

With Geddy the voice has been gradually declining, but damn at least he still sings in tune.

• Like 1

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

That's what Paul Stanley has been doing for the last 5 or so years when age hit his voice like a train. He sounds like shit now. 10 years ago he sounded awesome.

With Geddy the voice has been gradually declining, but damn at least he still sings in tune.

:yes:

See? Nick Cage gets it!!

Lost a little range? Yes. Can he still sing? :yes:

• Like 1

THE STRUG-*cough cough*

He's a monster on bass and a fine songwriter, and when he's singing within his (ever shrinking) range, he sounds just fine.

• Like 2

When he sings that line "the struggle . . . " it sounds like he has some good power, but the note is a bit sharp. Maybe there's some software that could fix that? I think musically this is very tight.

When he sings that line "the struggle . . . " it sounds like he has some good power, but the note is a bit sharp. Maybe there's some software that could fix that? I think musically this is very tight.

The note is a bit sharp? What note? Hahaha

What am I missing by not being able to watch this video?

A poor vocal performance of the Hemispheres Prelude haha. But it's not really Geddy's fault, I'm shocked he actually went for it Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

A poor vocal performance of the Hemispheres Prelude haha. But it's not really Geddy's fault, I'm shocked he actually went for it

Is it possible for you to give me a date and place? I may have it on my stick.

A poor vocal performance of the Hemispheres Prelude haha. But it's not really Geddy's fault, I'm shocked he actually went for it

3/22/94, maybe at the palace at auburn hills, I can't remember Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

3/22/94, maybe at the palace at auburn hills, I can't remember

Thanks, I have that one and am listening to it now. How I love this song! I wonder if Neil was grinding his teeth since we know how much he hates these albums? :cool:

Here comes the singing part.....Oh my......

• Like 1

Damn 20 years ago. I will never ask for older material again (only instrumentals). He went for it I gotta give him that.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3