You Know You're Getting Old When.....

Principled Man

.....you're talking to a co-worker (who has some grey hair) about a past job that you had about 25-30 years ago, and the co-worker says:

"Oh, you worked there? Then you must have worked with my Mom, Julie S-----. She worked there back then, too...."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 2

Hahaha! Years go by fast don't they?

The worst part is that I can hear them whooshing right past me....... :boohoo:

• Like 1

The worst part is that I can hear them whooshing right past me....... :boohoo:

That's why we have to enjoy them as much as we can! :)

• Like 1

.....you're talking to a co-worker (who has some grey hair) about a past job that you had about 25-30 years ago, and the co-worker says:

"Oh, you worked there? Then you must have worked with my Mom, Julie S-----. She worked there back then, too...."

:LOL: :codger:

They do,

It's amazing. A year now seems like six months.

Or less!

Time is a bird in flight, endlessly mocking.

• Like 2

They do,

Or less!

I thought time was a gypsy caravan.

• Like 4

They do,

Or less!

Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator; it's stalking you. You can try to outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies....but in the end, time is going to hunt you down....and make the kill.

• Like 3

They do,

Or less!

The beginning of my all time favorite Rush lyrics. Every once in a while, Neil hits a homer. Dreamline, for me, was one of those times.

Never listen to this without the eyes tearing up:

Time is a gypsy caravan

Steals away in the night

To leave you stranded in Dreamland

Distance is a long-range filter

Memory a flickering light

Left behind in the heartland

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

How old is the grey hair co-worker then?

You will really know when you are getting old when your boss is younger than you. After that, it is all steadily down hill. :)

Thanks for the motivation when I go to work later on. :codger: :LOL:

• Like 2

They do,

Or less!

Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator; it's stalking you. You can try to outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies....but in the end, time is going to hunt you down....and make the kill.

That's Depressing. :facepalm: :P

The first and so far only time I felt old was a couple of years ago when my then 21 year neice told everyone she was pregnant and I realised I was gonna be a great aunt!

Mid 30's, I think. He has some grey hair in his beard. He must have been a little boy when I worked with his mother.....sooooooo long ago..... :o :LOL:

They do,

Or less!

To my way of thinking, there is nothing sadder than encountering an older person who is trying to outrun it. There's only so much you can do.

Sometimes when I am out shopping, I will encounter, from the rear, someone (always a woman) who appears young from the back side, and then...she turns around! :outtahere: :outtahere: :outtahere: :scared: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 1

They do,

Or less!

That's Depressing. :facepalm: :P

Those are the words of Dr. Tolian Soran, who really, really, REALLY wanted to get back to the Nexus in Star Trek: Generations.

Time has no meaning there. The predator has no teeth.... :D

• Like 1

Mid 30's, I think. He has some grey hair in his beard. He must have been a little boy when I worked with his mother.....sooooooo long ago..... :o :LOL:

Wow that must make you about 90, you could have been in the Hammer classics with Christopher Lee! Did you play the hunchback grave robber? :16ton:

• Like 1

Wow that must make you about 90, you could have been in the Hammer classics with Christopher Lee! Did you play the hunchback grave robber? :16ton:

Pshaw....I played the corpse in the grave..... :7up:

• Like 1