How did this get past??

HalfwayToGone

Apparently, backstage.com had two sets of autographed photos each set limited to 50, an autographed photo of each band member taken by Fin Costello. At some point I was getting emails from the fan club, like presales on tickets/VIP, and the clockwork angels gold and silver editions, etc. I think I got one about the plaques they did with platinum records and other stuff. Nothing about these photo sets. I just stumbled on them on the official rush site, which I don't check much, and they posted on 7/18 I think, so of course they are long gone. Argh!

Apparently, backstage.com had two sets of autographed photos each set limited to 50, an autographed photo of each band member taken by Fin Costello. At some point I was getting emails from the fan club, like presales on tickets/VIP, and the clockwork angels gold and silver editions, etc. I think I got one about the plaques they did with platinum records and other stuff. Nothing about these photo sets. I just stumbled on them on the official rush site, which I don't check much, and they posted on 7/18 I think, so of course they are long gone. Argh!

Didn't get one either (I wonder why that is?), but fortunately it wasn't something that interested me.

Make sure to check rushisaband.com regularly (or better yet, sign up for the RSS feed) as they are probably the best source of timely Rush news. The official Rush emails are few and far between :/

I received a e-mail for those photos, which i am not interested, unless they sell them for 10$. I am a fan but not a serious collector. They think there's a market for a few collectors that can pay big bucks.

I got set 3/50. I was lucky. I sent them an email asking if they can send out an email blast when they post new products. The reply I got was we do not do that we do twitter and Facebook. I mentioned to

them that Im old and do not do those social media sites!! If they send out a email blast they would

sell more stuff. Lets face it most Rush fans are older and do not do social media etc!. My kids do

twitter etc. Hey Im only 46 !!!

Rush should put a stop to stuff like that. Or Anthem on Rush's behalf.

It is not right to take advantage of fans. People work hard for their money, and many that would like this autographed pic would be willing to put themselves in debt for it. I honestly don't think that's right, and I don't think Rush would want it either.

What they should do with things like this is to have a contest instead of using it to make an extra buck.

I emailed Rush backstage.com and sent them the link. It makes me mad!!!! I bought set 3/50 of the Cygnus set. They were sold

out of Kings set so I could not buy a set. I would never sell in a millions it just makes me mad!!

I emailed Rush backstage.com and sent them the link. It makes me mad!!!! I bought set 3/50 of the Cygnus set. They were sold

out of Kings set so I could not buy a set. I would never sell in a millions it just makes me mad!!

The Backstage club can't do anything. Someone bought a set, then decided to sell it. If they can sell it for double what they paid for it, that is capitalism at its best!

• Like 2

The reply I received this morning from Backstage was "That didn't take long" and that's it. There is nothing they can do and I really do not think they care. Edited by robertrobyn

The reply I received this morning from Backstage was "That didn't take long" and that's it. There is nothing they can do and I really do not think they care.

Why should they care? They are in business to sell Rush merchandise, not police who buys it and what they do with it.

• Like 3

The Backstage club can't do anything. Someone bought a set, then decided to sell it. If they can sell it for double what they paid for it, that is capitalism at its best!

Maybe if it sells for that much it is. I'm guessing there will be a "market correction" when it's all said and done.

I like the set, but at $900, I had to respectfully decline the offer. :)

I love this band and I am happy they sold out the 50 sets.

But, $900?

That seems a little excessive to me.

I don't begrudge anyone who purchased them, of course.

Capitalism is alive and well.

The Backstage Club is much like Ebay, it is all about what the market will bear and how much someone is willing to spend.

I don't fault Rush, The Backstage Club or even the person selling sets on Ebay.

After all, you don't even want to know what I spent on my sealed copies of the MFSL versions of "The Wall" & "Quadrophenia" on Ebay...yikes!

• Like 2

Well, now that I know the price, I'm not so upset. I couldn't have afforded it right now. It seems consistent with similar photos from Andrew MacNaughtan, though. They went for anywhere from $350 up per autographed print, so that's $1050 for 3. No frames or anything—just the print in a poster tube.

You could have bought pictures of them and, on the next tour, sent the pics to them for autographs for the price of postage and handling and a return envelope.

But if you have the money to spend on this type of thing and you can justify spending such an exorbitant sum to have three signatures of three human beings who are essentially the same as you except for their talent and fame on a picture taken forty years ago, I envy you! :LMAO:

• Like 1