Ion Indie Magazine

Necromancer

So, since having broken into music photography, things have taken off quite a bit. Along with getting all kinds of photoshoots and live gig shoots, I started working for Ion Indie Magazine. They are an offshoot of another magazine that was destined to tank. After some personnel changes, those left standing became ION. Three issues in, and we're doing very well. We're on the verge of possibly getting a print deal soon, but for now the magazine is available online and through a pdf download, and you can also pay for a high quality printed magazine.

But anyway, check out the link to this month's magazine. Lots of awesome bands from around the world are featured in our magazine. My two submissions this month were of an amazing three piece instrumental band called The Russello Project. Their guitarist may be in the top ten of the world in playing ability. The other piece is an interview with Mike Orlando of Adrenaline Mob.

I hope you check it out, enjoy writing and photography, as well as the music and video, as it's a multi-media magazine.

http://www.joomag.com/magazine/ion-indie-magazine-august-2014-volume-3/0072539001405620976?preview

Hi Necro, glad to know you're doing fine! I checked out the magazine, it would be great if it was a site/blog, like Decibel or Quietus, I would certainly check it daily.

If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, the graphic design of the magazine is, well, not much to my liking. The fonts, the layout... looks very amateurish. Unless that's what you were aiming for.

Thanks for checking it out, appreciated the feedback. We're just starting and each issue has gotten better and better. We have a pretty awesome graphic designer doing covers and feature spread, but the rest is being done by the magazine publisher, who is new to it, but learning as she goes. We're quite happy with it for now, but strive to get better.