Snakes & Arrows V Clockwork Angels

Brucey

Which do you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

You ever have an album that just makes you angry. That's CA for me. and i know i harp on it but it really goes back to the production. Even the songs i like are marred by it. Espicially after S&A which sounded great to me.

Mick

VT is the same for me. There are mostly good songs under the noise somewhere.....
  • Like 4

I used to think that I really like S&A because the production sounds so good, and because I really love A Larger Bowl (has my favorite Alex guitar solo not recorded by Terry Brown). But when I set out to make cassette mixes spanning Rush's career for my old technology-challenged cars, I found that A Larger Bowl was the only song I really liked from S&A. The rest were alright but not worth including on a mix. Not a huge fan of CA either, but at least there were a few tracks I thought worth recording. So, I have to say CA. It's like saying it's the skinny kid at fat camp, but it wins for me.

Snakes & Arrows. Geddys voice on CA really sucks and the songs have no heart. The only songs that stand out are Caravan, Headlong Flight and The Garden. The rest of it is just one long drone to me.

Rollingstone could use a great perspective such as this—spot on. It's just crap

Glad you agree.

• Like 1

You ever have an album that just makes you angry. That's CA for me. and i know i harp on it but it really goes back to the production. Even the songs i like are marred by it. Espicially after S&A which sounded great to me.

Mick

VT is the same for me. There are mostly good songs under the noise somewhere.....

Just got to give the Remixed version a listen or two straight through. Doesn't make your head hurt, and you might find yourself saying at some point, "Sheee*t, this is some good stuff!" Just maybe.

Mick

Just got to give the Remixed version a listen or two straight through. Doesn't make your head hurt, and you might find yourself saying at some point, "Sheee*t, this is some good stuff!" Just maybe.

Is 6 times enough?..... :LOL:

Mick

You may change your mind when you pick up the remix in 2025.
  • Like 2

Mick

You may change your mind when you pick up the remix in 2025.

I hope they do remix rerecord it again by then.....

Snakes & Arrows. Geddys voice on CA really sucks and the songs have no heart. The only songs that stand out are Caravan, Headlong Flight and The Garden. The rest of it is just one long drone to me.

Glad you agree.

Just trollin' for S&A.

CA is the endlessly deep and powerful. S&A is an ant compared to the gigantic accomplishment that is Clockwork Angels.

• Like 4

Glad you agree.

Just trollin' for S&A.

CA is the endlessly deep and powerful. S&A is an ant compared to the gigantic accomplishment that is Clockwork Angels.

Oh please. What's so accomplished about CA? It's a shallow, depressing, noisy mess and some of Neil's worst lyrics.

Glad you agree.

Just trollin' for S&A.

Oh please. What's so accomplished about CA? It's a shallow, depressing, noisy mess and some of Neil's worst lyrics.

It's a work of art. Even has a cool album cover. You sound a bit cranky and bitter...need a TRF hug?

Even between the songs there's cool stuff.

• Like 1

Geddys voice on CA really sucks and the songs have no heart. It is just one long drone to me.

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/87ec9d76b636a227e4889e33fcb379d592.png

Thanks Spaghetti dude...funny

• Like 1

Glad you agree.

Just trollin' for S&A.

And i never thought i'd say this as an Atheist. Knock off the Atheistic lyrics and pick a different topic. It seems to me like neil is stuck there. It might be me. but it jumps out every time.

Mick

• Like 3

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1pg7aWCgi1qz7ywso1_500.jpg

Ummmm...wow

• Like 1

Ummmm...wow

W-w-w-w-w-w-wait now. You can't "like" my post of this picture and then a couple posts later act all surprised and insulted.

That's not allowed in the interverse and I probably won't be able to find an ecard about it.

• Like 1

And i never thought i'd say this as an Atheist. Knock off the Atheistic lyrics and pick a different topic. It seems to me like neil is stuck there. It might be me. but it jumps out every time.

Mick

While as a whole I enjoy CA, BU2B is very obnoxious. The bridge is the redeeming moment, but that's not nearly enough to save the track.

I want to call it the band's generic attempt at writing a doom metal waltz song, but I don't think it even qualifies for that label :LOL:

• Like 2

Ummmm...wow

W-w-w-w-w-w-wait now. You can't "like" my post of this picture and then a couple posts later act all surprised and insulted.

That's not allowed in the interverse and I probably won't be able to find an ecard about it.

It's quite possibly one of the funniest posts ever. My dilemma is that I'm quite smitten with Eagle Moon on most discussions except when it involves CA.

OK. Fire away—she deserves it on this one.

• Like 1

Clockwork Angels

"Way the Wind Blows" is a very strong track though and challenges anything on CA, so I will say that.

More like "Way the SONG Blows"...

...Comedy gold! :sarcastic:

All good comedy has an element of truth!!!

Dammit now I gotta find an ecard about that. F*ck!

How the f**k did we find 7 people who like S&A, Rush's worst album that doesn't start with Animate, more than Rush's best album since 1981? Sure, the production on S&A is better, but the best produced album since 1985 is also the band's worst album since 1985 (or ever). Good production doesn't mean good songs. And S&A is a plodding, boring, morass of sameness.
  • Like 4

How the f**k did we find 7 people who like S&A, Rush's worst album that doesn't start with Animate, more than Rush's best album since 1981? Sure, the production on S&A is better, but the best produced album since 1985 is also the band's worst album since 1985 (or ever). Good production doesn't mean good songs. And S&A is a plodding, boring, morass of sameness.

Here's one vote for "ever".

• Like 1

Here's one vote for "ever".

But I think CP was better produced than S&A.