Snakes & Arrows V Clockwork Angels

Brucey

Which do you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

What I want to know is how more than 10% of the forum members think S&A is better. I wonder how many would change their minds if a "Clockwork Angels Remixed" was released...

I could almost assure you it would elevate my opinion. Cause right CA Sounds like a wall of shit. I can't fathom how anyone could enjoy it. 2 years and i still can't wrap my head around it.

Mick

The beginning guitar on Clockwork Angels (the song) that sounds like a wall of static, the whole album sounds like that to me for the most part. I do think if it were mixed better it would be more enjoyable.

• Like 1

What I want to know is how more than 10% of the forum members think S&A is better. I wonder how many would change their minds if a "Clockwork Angels Remixed" was released...

I voted for CA but a month ago it would have been SA. I have a more positive impression of SA than CA because of the sound and overall tone; it was only when I broke it down by song that I had to admit I liked CA more. SA still "feels" better to me though, and I still don't like CA as a whole, just some of the individual songs. Point is that I can easily understand why someone would vote for SA. If the songwriting had been stronger it would kill the heavy, overly dramatic gloom fest that is CA.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

It sounds like a wall of static?

Does to me.

Like this?

Is there something about the word static that you don't understand? I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. :LOL:

I could almost assure you it would elevate my opinion. Cause right CA Sounds like a wall of shit. I can't fathom how anyone could enjoy it. 2 years and i still can't wrap my head around it.

Mick

The beginning guitar on Clockwork Angels (the song) that sounds like a wall of static, the whole album sounds like that to me for the most part. I do think if it were mixed better it would be more enjoyable.

Do you enjoy the live versions of the songs?

Mick

The beginning guitar on Clockwork Angels (the song) that sounds like a wall of static

That's what makes it awesome. It crescendos and resolves like butter in your mouth—mmmmmmmmm!

• Like 1

Mick

Do you enjoy the live versions of the songs?

Yeah more so. Live they come across much better.

Mick

The beginning guitar on Clockwork Angels (the song) that sounds like a wall of static

That's what makes it awesome. It crescendos and resolves like butter in your mouth—mmmmmmmmm!

That's a complete oxymoron. :LOL:

• Like 1

The concept of Clockwork Angels is what drew me into it, I just found myself listening to the whole thing and loving it. Granted nowadays there are two songs I skip but overall it has so much more power for me than S&A. It took me a while listening to Snakes & Arrows live to get where I liked some of the songs; Far Cry, Working Them Angels, and the instrumentals. But last half of the album doesn't bear repeated listenings, the songs are just not as good, don't make me want to turn them up to rock out like Carnies does. IMHO :geddy: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

The concept of Clockwork Angels is what drew me into it, I just found myself listening to the whole thing and loving it. Granted nowadays there are two songs I skip but overall it has so much more power for me than S&A. It took me a while listening to Snakes & Arrows live to get where I liked some of the songs; Far Cry, Working Them Angels, and the instrumentals. But last half of the album doesn't bear repeated listenings, the songs are just not that good, don't make me want to turn them up to rock out like Carnies does. IMHO :geddy:

Curious. Which two songs do you skip?...

The concept of Clockwork Angels is what drew me into it, I just found myself listening to the whole thing and loving it. Granted nowadays there are two songs I skip but overall it has so much more power for me than S&A. It took me a while listening to Snakes & Arrows live to get where I liked some of the songs; Far Cry, Working Them Angels, and the instrumentals. But last half of the album doesn't bear repeated listenings, the songs are just not that good, don't make me want to turn them up to rock out like Carnies does. IMHO :geddy:

I don't always listen to Halo Effect or the Garden (I know that's heresy but not always in the mood for it) but the rest I listen to in one sitting... :yes:

• Like 1

I don't always listen to Halo Effect or the Garden (I know that's heresy but not always in the mood for it) but the rest I listen to in one sitting... :yes:

Ouch. Its all good though... :)

When I hear the Garden I get a bit sad because Rush's best album is over...sniff
  • Like 3