Bigbobby10

Favorite song from Fear Series?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite song from Fear Series?

• Part 1- The Enemy Within
    • Part 2- The Weapon
    • Part 3- Witch Hunt
    • Part 4- Freeze

I like the mood of "Witch Hunt", the quirkiness of "The Weapon", and the abrasiveness of "Freeze" [remix].

"Enemy Within" has pretty good energy.

If played chronologically backwards, it sort of holds together musically as a "thing".

• Like 1

I like Freeze as a song, but it doesn’t fit the whole Fear series musically—obviously, since it was written 28 years later. It sounds so different. Maybe it’s just Geddy’s voice, but it just doesn’t work well with the other three songs, in my opinion.

The Enemy Within sounds like a really good song from the mid 1980's.

The Weapon sounds like a really good song from the early 1980's.

I've come to love and respect Freeze for it's technicality. It is easily the most difficult piece to compose and perform on this list.

But Witch Hunt transcends all of that. It has a tone, a mood. The music and lyrics are synchronized here. It travels beyond the era it was made, it truly strikes at the emotion it's reaching for.

• Like 1

The Enemy Within sounds like a really good song from the mid 1980's.

The Weapon sounds like a really good song from the early 1980's.

I've come to love and respect Freeze for it's technicality. It is easily the most difficult piece to compose and perform on this list.

But Witch Hunt transcends all of that. It has a tone, a mood. The music and lyrics are synchronized here. It travels beyond the era it was made, it truly strikes at the emotion it's reaching for.

Mood is what these songs shoild be about, and you're that Witch Hunt nails it in that respect.

I remember my friend Bryan first putting on the song for me, and a few seconds into it, with no knowledge of the title or content, I said, "Sounds like a witch hunt."

• Like 1

'the Weapon' is the correct answer ;) Edited by MMCXII