Virtuality 2015

yyz211282

I wouldn't mind. Even though the lyrics are kinda weak, it's pretty catchy.

The chorus just seems like . . . I don't know, like the theme song for a children's show, or something.

Oh dear god, I'm not the only one who thought of it like that...

I'm envisioning of just the chorus with its lyrics of "Net boy, net girl" playing in a loop twice to be the theme song for some teen cartoon dealing with some sort of online video game theme to it. Add insult to injury, it's been tweaked to make Ged sound joyful when singing it :banghead:

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

This coming from the guy who picked Limbo....

What's wrong with Limbo? What you don't approve of the Transylvania Twist? Its the only instrumental that hasn't been recorded live.

:rush: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k

What's wrong with Limbo? What you don't approve of the Transylvania Twist? Its the only instrumental that hasn't been recorded live.

I like Limbo just fine (it's the perfect boat building song), but I mean...if I could only pick one, Limbo would definitely not be my first choice
  • Like 1

The chorus just seems like . . . I don't know, like the theme song for a children's show, or something.

I'm envisioning of just the chorus with its lyrics of "Net boy, net girl" playing in a loop twice to be the theme song for some teen cartoon dealing with some sort of online video game theme to it. Add insult to injury, it's been tweaked to make Ged sound joyful when singing it :banghead:

This image has been stuck in my head for days after reading this. So I edited this. It's kind of a Rush job....the transitions could've been better but I didn't want to spend too much time on it. Enjoy it (or not):

Edited by savagegrace26

This image has been stuck in my head for days after reading this. So I edited this. It's kind of a Rush job....the transitions could've been better but I didn't want to spend too much time on it. Enjoy it (or not):

Did you make that animation? And is that Virtuality sped up?

Minus a title card, this actually came pretty close to what I had in mind, both visually and how I thought a perky sounding Virtuality sounds like. The opening riff sounds like some s**t that I would've heard on some toy electric guitar I once had as a kid. That riff sounds even catchier sped up, and I actually like it, hearing it on normal speed now sounds too slow for my tastes :LOL:

Had an equally great time reading the comments for the video. My favorite comment on the video so far, "im on that weird part of youtube again".

Edited by PolarizeMe

Minus a title card, this actually came pretty close to what I had in mind, both visually and how I thought a perky sounding Virtuality sounds like. The opening riff sounds like some s**t that I would've heard on some toy electric guitar I once had as a kid. That riff sounds even catchier sped up, and I actually like it, hearing it on normal speed now sounds too slow for my tastes :LOL:

Had an equally great time reading the comments for the video. My favorite comment on the video so far, "im on that weird part of youtube again".

Yeah. They seem like a bunch of non-rush people. They must be very perplexed by this. I was going to put a title in it. I might do a deluxe version qith some extra polish and actually edit the video more so it coincides with the music/lyrics better. I'm enjoying this.

Edited by savagegrace26

I like Limbo just fine (it's the perfect boat building song), but I mean...if I could only pick one, Limbo would definitely not be my first choice

It wouldn't be mine either. La Villa holds that slot; However, at this point in their career, I would like to have some sort of live representation of all their songs so when they do decide to retire and I would like to see a certain song live I could just pop in the DVD. This is the only reason why I'm choosing Limbo as their instrumental. Its the only one still missing from their video anthology.

• Like 1