So I had this scary TRF nightmare

Mara

I took a 3 hour nap when I got home today and had some extremely weird and vivid dreams.

One particularly odd one involved a total overhaul of TRF into some Facebook-like monster, only worse since it had pop-up ads. The explanation given was that TRF needed to dig itself out of a money pit, the band was in hiatus so traffic was down, and 73 decided to "commercialize" the shit out of the site in order to "draw more traffic and some advertisers".

I remember it had a white background, babycat's sparkling avatar was front and center on the home page, and everything was in turmoil since it was day 1 after the metamorphosis. For some odd reason I encountered GhostGirl in my driveway, used the opportunity to complain bitterly about how much I hated the new format. She said she hated it too and so did a lot of the "old-timers". But a lot of the people who had deserted the actual forum for the Facebook group were back.

Then, just as I was at the height of my despair, my grandmother drove up in our old 1973 olive-green Impala and the entire dream shifted focus as we tried to figure out how to get her into the garage without letting my cocker spaniel out. (The cocker spaniel wasn't a made-up dream dog - he did exist, but died 9 years ago, and he had excellent recall so escape would not have been an issue). Then the accelerator came off the car. But even all that paled in comparison to the horror of the previous sequence of events.

• Like 6

You remember this dream VERY well! Lol

EDIT: I had a dream that I was in a pizza eating contest!!! :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

Edited by yyz211282

Wow, there were some very specific details in there.

I wonder what each of them mean and why they were in the dream.

Happy you haven't abandoned TRF for the Facebook crowd. :)

I'm not on Facebook, canceled the account in 2009! I prefer old-school forums to FB, Twitter, ("FaceLitter" and "TwitBook"), Instagram and such. There's a more "group of friends" feel to it and it seems a bit more exclusive.

The Mods here don't sell off our information to advertising lists either. Yet. :scared: ;)

• Like 2

Another thing I remember - every thread was moderated half to death to be sure no one bitched about any of the new advertisers. There were a crapton of newly minted moderators whose names I don't remember, but I DO recall being annoyed that they were members whose prior activity consisted of about 6 posts total.

Also the site was a colossal pain in the ass to navigate.

*Oh, and I didn't make up the olive green 1973 Impala either. We really had The Green Machine and I miss it because it was tons of awesome. The accelerator never came off but the AC did break.

Another thing I remember - every thread was moderated half to death to be sure no one bitched about any of the new advertisers. There were a crapton of newly minted moderators whose names I don't remember, but I DO recall being annoyed that they were members whose prior activity consisted of about 6 posts total.

Anyone named RUDY...?? :outtahere:

• Like 1

I think this entire dream sequence ca be understood as an attempt by Mara to deal with a tragic event IRL, that is, the recent nuptials of her heartthrob (as well as that of tens of millions of women, and who knows maybe some men, too), the Sexiest Man Alive, Mr. Adam Levine.

We all need to be supportive of Mara and all of those dealing with what must seem like a cruel world and hopeless situation in this difficult time.

I think this entire dream sequence ca be understood as an attempt by Mara to deal with a tragic event IRL, that is, the recent nuptials of her heartthrob (as well as that of tens of millions of women, and who knows maybe some men, too), the Sexiest Man Alive, Mr. Adam Levine.

We all need to be supportive of Mara and all of those dealing with what must seem like a cruel world and hopeless situation in this difficult time.

DId he really get married or are you making that up? I avoid celebrity gossip stuff like I would someone puking Ebola-infected blood. Apparently you don't. ;)

• Like 1

I took a 3 hour nap when I got home today and had some extremely weird and vivid dreams.

One particularly odd one involved a total overhaul of TRF into some Facebook-like monster, only worse since it had pop-up ads. The explanation given was that TRF needed to dig itself out of a money pit, the band was in hiatus so traffic was down, and 73 decided to "commercialize" the shit out of the site in order to "draw more traffic and some advertisers".

I remember it had a white background, babycat's sparkling avatar was front and center on the home page, and everything was in turmoil since it was day 1 after the metamorphosis. For some odd reason I encountered GhostGirl in my driveway, used the opportunity to complain bitterly about how much I hated the new format. She said she hated it too and so did a lot of the "old-timers". But a lot of the people who had deserted the actual forum for the Facebook group were back.

Then, just as I was at the height of my despair, my grandmother drove up in our old 1973 olive-green Impala and the entire dream shifted focus as we tried to figure out how to get her into the garage without letting my cocker spaniel out. (The cocker spaniel wasn't a made-up dream dog - he did exist, but died 9 years ago, and he had excellent recall so escape would not have been an issue). Then the accelerator came off the car. But even all that paled in comparison to the horror of the previous sequence of events.

That's the most awesome description of a dream yet! :D I wonder how my avatar would've looked 'front and center'..! :P

That's the most awesome description of a dream yet! :D I wonder how my avatar would've looked 'front and center'..! :P

Glorious I'm sure! :dweez:

I want that 1973 olive-green Impala :cool: :D

Here you go:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3241/1401/33100700002_original.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who has very bizarre dreams. I take a fair amount of comfort in that. :LOL:

I had a dream once about this place, except in my dream everyone here was there in person, and I couldn't understand how people whom I have never met could show up in my dream when i have no idea what anyone here looks like in person.

Anyway, Mara, that's why I never lay down for a nap during the day. I used to and always had the weirdest dreams. :)

• Like 1

I want that 1973 olive-green Impala :cool: :D

Here you go:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3241/1401/33100700002_original.jpg

Same color, except ours had the green top in a darker shade than the body of the car. Dad later had it upholstered in leather and repainted British racing green. It looked sharp as hell.

That's the car I had my freshman year in college. You could fit like 50 people and all their stuff in it, plus it took regular gas. You could also beat just about everyone through the intersection. The car had far superior horsepower to most of the mid-80's cars; in the cases where it lost out on horsepower people still yielded to you because it was made of solid, heavy-grade American steel.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

I never remember my dreams... at all. :huh:

Could I have a sample of your blood, please? Whatever dream immunities you have, I want......

I would sell my soul to Satan himself to have no memories of my dreams. :doh: :LOL:

I never remember my dreams... at all. :huh:

Could I have a sample of your blood, please? Whatever dream immunities you have, I want......

I would sell my soul to Satan himself to have no memories of my dreams. :doh: :LOL:

I don't know how old you are, but as I got older, my dream recall vanished. The past ten years, it has really gotten bad. When I was younger, I remembered every detail of my dreams whether I wanted to or not. I can't remember them at all now no matter how hard I try. Sometimes I recall a detail here and there, or I awaken with an overall sense of what I dreamed.

• Like 2