how to tell how old your rush cd is?

socialsquid

I have managed to collect almost every studio album of rush in its original non remastered state... my question is.. is there a way to tell how old my cd's are? like batch/number etc?

I have managed to collect almost every studio album of rush in its original non remastered state... my question is.. is there a way to tell how old my cd's are? like batch/number etc?

I don't know if this will help you, but in his book Mereley [sic] Players, Telleria has all the albums listed with their label/catalogue numbers. There are three columns for "label" and two "reissue" numbers. Then there is a Remasters section as well. So these may be the earliest catalog numbers. Do you have a copy of this book?

Count the rings. There's one for every year the CD is old.

This works especially well for Hemispheres...you know, because The Trees is on there.

• Like 9

i dont, but i will definitely look this up. thanks for the tip

If you're looking for the numbers that are actually printed on the CDs themselves, it might not be much help - but if catalog numbers will do then it might.

It also depends what country it was released in.

• Like 1

i get that the catalog numbers are on there, if i dont have anything to refer by i dont know how old it is- sorta why i asked

This works especially well for Hemispheres...you know, because The Trees is on there.

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

:facepalm:

Vinyl falling out of favor (:o) -> Longer CDs -> More rings on CDs.

• Like 1

I don't know if this will help you, but in his book Mereley [sic] Players, Telleria has all the albums listed with their label/catalogue numbers. There are three columns for "label" and two "reissue" numbers. Then there is a Remasters section as well. So these may be the earliest catalog numbers. Do you have a copy of this book?

I have.

What's the design on the front? Does it have a red "atomic" design and was it made in West Germany? If it was then you have one of the earlier pressings.