Controversial moment during Rush's performance of Tom Sawyer on the Time Machine Tour DVD

Brucey

Has anyone here ever noticed that when they do Tom Sawyer, Alex is always caught counting out something?

What do you mean? When?

I've never watched this version of the song but the editing is terrible. The cuts seem almost random without any focus on what instrumentation is going on and please stop cutting to those d*ckheads in the audience.

Example: why show Alex shifting his guitar around at 1:08 when there's so much else going on, followed by that split-second shot of that guy. Just awful...

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 3

He has often pointed at his eyes at this point of the song, put that's not an index finger and it's only in the general direction of his eyes. Possibly a loving gesture to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Shame?? Nice catch.
  • Like 1

Has anyone else noticed what Geddy does in this video at 3:43?

I've only just spotted it today.

Hey I can't view this link from my iPad can someone post a direct view of this so I can see what you all are talking about?

He has often pointed at his eyes at this point of the song, put that's not an index finger and it's only in the general direction of his eyes. Possibly a loving gesture to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Shame?? Nice catch.

"Whoever thought Les Claypool should do vocals on The Spirit of Radio... Right here, pal!" :P

• Like 3

"Whoever thought Les Claypool should do vocals on The Spirit of Radio... Right here, pal!" :P

Eeeesh, that was pretty awful. Much as I respect the man's playing.

• Like 1

I thought he was just pointing at his eyes during that line.

He is, but the camera angle is unfortunate. he's pointing at his eyes with two fingers, but at one point his middle finger eclipses his pointer :LOL:

nice find RAA

Edited by Mr. IsNot
  • Like 3

That's awesome. Can someone get a still shot for my new profile pic. I call dibbs!!

Sadly I don't have the skills to make it happen.

It's a little blurry, but here you go:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Screenshot2014-07-22at125741pm_zps2a732366.png

• Like 2