Only one instrumental on the next tour...PICK!!!

yyz211282

Another F*cking Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. You heard the man!

• La Villa Strangiato
    • YYZ
    • Where's My Thing?
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Limbo
    • Main Monkey Business
    • Hope
    • Malignant Narcissism

I would rather hear a creative combo instrumental of old songs we will never hear again and haven't heard in years. All long one at that...... :haz: :cool:

Scars, The Weapon, Red Sector A etc.......... :dweez: :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg/250px-Disco_ball4.jpg

They just played Red Sector A last tour. Tired of that one.

I tease. I was more thinking of stuff from the vault. Deep, deep cuts....... Lessons and Something For Nothing must be mixed in somewhere..... :haz:

I would love to hear a R30-ish compilation of old songs made into an instrumental. Especially of the ones that we know we will never hear again because Geddy can't sing them anymore. I think they could do something really creative that way if they gave it a shot.

• Like 5

I would rather hear a creative combo instrumental of old songs we will never hear again and haven't heard in years. All long one at that...... :haz: :cool:

Scars, The Weapon, Red Sector A etc.......... :dweez: :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg/250px-Disco_ball4.jpg

They just played Red Sector A last tour. Tired of that one.

I tease. I was more thinking of stuff from the vault. Deep, deep cuts....... Lessons and Something For Nothing must be mixed in somewhere..... :haz:

I would love to hear a R30-ish compilation of old songs made into an instrumental. Especially of the ones that we know we will never hear again because Geddy can't sing them anymore. I think they could do something really creative that way if they gave it a shot.

Yes. I thoroughly enjoyed that intro..... :dweez:
  • Like 3

I remember suggesting something similar in another thread, and I think someone responded that it would be too much of a tease, or something. But I wholeheartedly agree - I'll cheerfully listen to instrumental versions or sections from things like Hemispheres, Jacob's Ladder, Lamneth, whatever.

• Like 1

I voted for The MAIN Monkey Business. Yes I did.

YYZ is almost as played out as TS, and the slower tempo is no fun.

La Villa rules, as it has most tours since the return.

TMMB was kick ass live and deserves another go round. Alex channels a little Satriani on it.

• Like 3

Y'know what, call me boring, but YYZ is probably in the rotation for my ultimate favorite Rush song. I'd hate for them to drop it.
  • Like 1

Main Monkey Business.

I greatly prefer YYZ and La Villa over it, but I feel like I didn't appreciate it to its fullest extent the two times I saw it live myself. It's a killer track and I'd love to see it again.

• Like 1

Anyone who didn't pick La Villa needs to get their head checked out by the nearest doctor ASAP

It is the instrumental to end all instrumentals. It is the only epic instrumental. Sure, there are some weird-ass tracks on Ummagumma and I'm sure there are some long multi-part ELP and Yes tracks, and Genesis has a number of awesome instrumental songs, and probably lots of people will suggest other great, great tracks. But La Villa Strangiato is the ultimate. The strange city. Pure love.

Well said, I would add that Alex's solo is the solo to end all solos. Those volume swells...chills

My favorite solo of all time... by ANYONE. Pure emotion.

• Like 1

Main Monkey Business.

I greatly prefer YYZ and La Villa over it, but I feel like I didn't appreciate it to its fullest extent the two times I saw it live myself. It's a killer track and I'd love to see it again.

Am I the only one who feels like The Main Monkey Business just... I don't know... goes no where? :huh:

Main Monkey Business.

Am I the only one who feels like The Main Monkey Business just... I don't know... goes no where? :huh:

To me it's more a kind of "atmosphere" thing. Sets a mood.

What kind of mood? Well I don't know. I haven't thought that far into it.

• Like 1

Main Monkey Business.

That's a funny way of spelling "Limbo".

• Like 1

Main Monkey Business.

That's a funny way of spelling "Limbo".

What . . . am I not . . . seeing?

I'm HOPING for 'Limbo my Strange Malignant Monkey Thing'

what..

• Like 1

I'm HOPING for 'Limbo my Strange Malignant Monkey Thing'

what..

Really??I heard that La Where's My Main YYZ Narcissistic Limbo Business was better.

• Like 1