Pick a Presto song they should play next tour

Pick a Presto song they should play next tour  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Presto song should they play?

• Show Don't Tell (last played 1994)
    • Chain Lightning (never played live)
    • The Pass (last played 2013)
    • War Paint (last played 1990)
    • Scars (last played 1990)
    • Presto (last played 2011)
    • Superconductor (last played 1992)
    • Anagram for mongo (never played live)
    • Red Tide (never played live)
    • Hand Over Fist (never played live)
    • Available Light (never played live)
    • None

Picked Show Don't Tell and Superconductor. Chain Lightning would be nice, but those two have been gone too long.

I'm a big Presto fan, but my first concert was the VT tour, so the only songs I've seen live are The Pass and Presto. Give me ANY Presto song in 2015 and I'll be :D . If it's one of the 9 I haven't seen, I'll be :7up:

So, my list of non-Presto/Pass Presto happiness, from 9 to 1:

9. Anagram

8. Available Light Would be higher, but I cringe at Geddy trying to hit "In the available light" live now.

7. Chain Lightning We're getting into serious :notworthy: territory here...

6. Hand Over Fist "Humming your favorite song / You know I've hated that song for so long..."

5. Scars

4. Red Tide

3. Superconductor

2. War Paint

1. SHOW DON'T TELL They play this, even odds I don't even remember whatever song they play next :D-13:

• Like 1

Scars. It would get me out of my seat...... :dweez:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg

• Like 6

Scars. It would get me out of my seat...... :dweez:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg

Just don't drink that much before the show and you won't have that problem.

• Like 3

Available Light

For the record, I am totally cool with Geddy singing the entire song and triggering the studio vocal on just "In the available light". Kind of like Aimee Mann's vocal on Time Stands Still. That is if he can't hit it. It's a quick falsetto and not too bad but... hell he'll be 61.

Chain Lightning - Red Tide - Show Don't Tell are all tied for the one's I'd love to see them play next tour the most

Anagram, Scars, or War Paint aren't too far after that...

Available Light doesn't do too much for me, I don't know why... I've only listened to it a handfull of times

Presto is my favorite song, but they just played it live. I wouldn't mind them doing it again, because the live recording has such horrible vocals I can't listen to it at all. I love the Pass, but they already have done it a few times (and it sounded great!).

Chain Lightning would be nice. Even though I like Available Light more, I am worried about how Geddy could sing it.

I'd even like Superconductor, but I'd want a different vocal arrangement than I have on the boots.

I think Show Don't Tell would be good live, and it would be nice to hear the decent never-played-live Chain Lightning live for the first time, especially since their time to play never-played-live songs is running out. However, I would only want these played live if they also play a good amount of "classic" songs (e.g. Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, Red Barchetta, etc.) on the next tour.

There are better songs they can do. And I want the entire Xanadu. Presto is not that important an album to me.

Well, of course you want Xanadu :wub: . It will be your first live show!

At least The Pass. That song is gorgeous and one of Rush's favorites... if not their #1 favorite.

There are better songs they can do. And I want the entire Xanadu. Presto is not that important an album to me.

Well, of course you want Xanadu :wub: . It will be your first live show!

At least The Pass. That song is gorgeous and one of Rush's favorites... if not their #1 favorite.

Yes, it is gorgeous and I never listen to it without my eyes tearing up. It's out of place on that album. Just like Closer To The Heart was on AFTK.

• Like 1

I chose Chain Lightning, The Pass, and Available Light.

I don't quite understand the affection for Chain Lightning. What is it about that song for you?

• Like 1

Chain Lightning, The Pass, and War Paint because they're my top 3 favorites from Presto.
  • Like 1

Available Light

For the record, I am totally cool with Geddy singing the entire song and triggering the studio vocal on just "In the available light". Kind of like Aimee Mann's vocal on Time Stands Still. That is if he can't hit it. It's a quick falsetto and not too bad but... hell he'll be 61.

Available Light would be my first choice as well, I worry about Geddy hitting that note. You sing Rush songs, do you think Geddy could hit it? I imagine he would probably just slip into his head voice if he did like he did for Camera Eye, I doubt he would do it falsetto

Available Light

Available Light would be my first choice as well, I worry about Geddy hitting that note. You sing Rush songs, do you think Geddy could hit it? I imagine he would probably just slip into his head voice if he did like he did for Camera Eye, I doubt he would do it falsetto

It's actually a high enough note that he could get some power on it falsetto and slide down through his head voice back into chest. Does he still have that? Hard to say.

Would anyone really be upset if even "In the a-" was triggered and he came in with the "vailable light"?

Or trigger the whole thing or even change just that line. It's not necessary to sing it exact but the song itself to me overflows with emotion and soul. It would be great to hear however they did that part.

• Like 1