After Image

Motorshooter

"Suddenly you were gone, from all the lives you left your mark upon" My parents passed away the first week of July. This is a loss I am still struggling with. I know time heals all wounds, but this will take a long time

In their home last week I did stumble across a glint of happiness. I was clearing out my mother's closet when I came across a box of old albums. At the very back of the collection, buried behind Ray Charles and a complete cataloged collection of Caruso recordings was an original pristine 1981 copy of Rush "Moving Pictures" The album cover is flawless, the inner sleeve is perfect and the pressing itself is finger print free.

My mom was a closet Rush fan and I never knew it......

• Like 14

BTW. I would bet their "Garden" was full and you are part of that garden. That's the way I see it anyway.... :rose: :hug2:
  • Like 4

Speaking as a woman, a woman wouldn't do what your late mother did unless the object held some very special meaning for her. Maybe the album reminded her of a special person or some special incident that took place around the time the album came out.

Sorry for your painful loss. :rose:

• Like 3

I'm sorry and sadden to hear of your loss. I hope possibly you could get the album framed after one or two listenings.

I learned your love for life

I feel the way that you would

- I feel your presence

I remember-

I feel the way you would

This just can't be understood

Peace

• Like 2

I know this is a serious thread about loss, but I have a little light-hearted story that is somewhat related...

I still have both of my parents. My Mom always HATED Rush. Just could not stand it. Absolutely hated Geddy's voice: "I can't STAND that! It makes me just like THIS!!!" while she clenches her fists with her arms upraised while making a scary Ozzy face. That's all I heard growing up. She even ripped ATWAS off my brother's record player and smashed it against the wall when he was playing it too loud! Needless to say, she wasn't a fan.

Back in 2010 I met them for a camping trip up in the Smokey Mountains. My parents and I were driving some back trails looking for bears where my Mom had her portable minidisc player plugged into the aux jack. I got her started on minidisc years ago as she always recorded off the radio (and records and TV) first onto reel-to-reel then to cassette then to minidisc (and now to her phone). I even got her a Sony in-dash minidisc recorder for their motorhome so she could record songs off the radio while they camped. Anyhoo, we were listening to a minidisc she made off various radio stations called "Camping Catches" when all of the sudden what do I hear immediately after an old Patsy Cline song? "Tom Sawyer!!!??!??!!!!!??!??!!????????!!!?" Imagine my utterly shocked surprise!!! I actually stopped the vehicle and CHASTISED them in disbelief for all their years of hatred doth protested!!! They laughed and laughed. My Mom said, "Well I must've liked that one." My Dad simply said, "That guy sure knows how to drum."

That's my little Mom/Rush story.

• Like 8

I know this is a serious thread about loss, but I have a little light-hearted story that is somewhat related...

I still have both of my parents. My Mom always HATED Rush. Just could not stand it. Absolutely hated Geddy's voice: "I can't STAND that! It makes me just like THIS!!!" while she clenches her fists with her arms upraised while making a scary Ozzy face. That's all I heard growing up. She even ripped ATWAS off my brother's record player and smashed it against the wall when he was playing it too loud! Needless to say, she wasn't a fan.

Back in 2010 I met them for a camping trip up in the Smokey Mountains. My parents and I were driving some back trails looking for bears where my Mom had her portable minidisc player plugged into the aux jack. I got her started on minidisc years ago as she always recorded off the radio (and records and TV) first onto reel-to-reel then to cassette then to minidisc (and now to her phone). I even got her a Sony in-dash minidisc recorder for their motorhome so she could record songs off the radio while they camped. Anyhoo, we were listening to a minidisc she made off various radio stations called "Camping Catches" when all of the sudden what do I hear immediately after an old Patsy Cline song? "Tom Sawyer!!!??!??!!!!!??!??!!????????!!!?" Imagine my utterly shocked surprise!!! I actually stopped the vehicle and CHASTISED them in disbelief for all their years of hatred doth protested!!! They laughed and laughed. My Mom said, "Well I must've liked that one." My Dad simply said, "That guy sure knows how to drum."

That's my little Mom/Rush story.

LOL...very nice

• Like 1

"Suddenly you were gone, from all the lives you left your mark upon" My parents passed away the first week of July. This is a loss I am still struggling with. I know time heals all wounds, but this will take a long time

In their home last week I did stumble across a glint of happiness.

My heart is with you. What a sign! In loss of this magnitude it's hard to find those glints of joy. Keep looking for them.

• Like 1

In their home last week I did stumble across a glint of happiness.

My heart is with you. What a sign! In loss of this magnitude it's hard to find those glints of joy. Keep looking for them.

Loveliest post of the evening.

• Like 2

Is someone cutting onions in here?

That was beautiful, brother. What a treasure that album will be for you!

And all the sentiments from this wonderful group of people.

I love Rush fans. ;')

• Like 3

I'm sorry for your loss, Motorshooter. :( :hug2:

What a touching discovery.

• Like 1