Speed Of Love: Why No Love (

Segue Myles

One of the best Rush songs in my opinion, but I see even massive fans of Counterparts disregard this beautiful piece with predictable and gleeful derision.

So why does this song stick out like a sore thumb, or even fade into the background like a vulnerable, bullied little girl? Come on guys! Give it a chance!

Or simply explain why you love, like, loathe or hate this song...

(Sorry Lorraine...I want to hear peoples comments on this gem).

• Like 1

Segue, whip up a batch of your infamous famous cupcakes. I'll put on a pot of coffee.

:popcorn:

Done...it will be russian roulette...one in every seven has a delicous chocolate sponge coated sausage meat filling...

• Like 1

Segue, whip up a batch of your infamous famous cupcakes. I'll put on a pot of coffee.

:popcorn:

Done...it will be russian roulette...one in every seven has a delicous chocolate sponge coated sausage meat filling...

Splendid idea!

Hope Spaghetti doesn't see this thread..... :outtahere:

If he misbehaves, I shall have to discard of him and then remove all his teeth...just for my collection..

• Like 1

Hope Spaghetti doesn't see this thread..... :outtahere:

I am not worried. Spaghetti has a problem letting everyone know what he really thinks about something. He is always hedging and mincing his words. Can never really quite articulate what he thinks. You know?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

My affection for Lorraine precludes me from commenting on certain subjects. This is one..... :wub: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Meh, too slow-paced and sleepy, with not much instrumentally to offer, and the lyrics don't help much. I don't mind the part from 3:00-3:30, if that counts... Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 2

Meh, too slow-paced and sleepy, and the lyrics don't help much. I don't mind the part from 3:00-3:30, if that counts...

Our first naysayer!

:codger: and one "no" sayer........
  • Like 1

"At the speed of love

Nothing changes faster

Than the speed of love

My heart goes out to you"

It's painful even without the bad melodies and boring music.

As I've said before, it the worst song on Rush's worst album.

• Like 1

I think the first time I heard speed of love, I thought it might be Grover Washington Jr., or something. I didn't realize it was a Rush song. I thought somebody at the record company had made a terrible mistake and mixed up two different artists' song lists, and this Hall and Oates tune accidentally got inserted into the middle of a Rush album. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Then I realized, oh my gosh, that is Geddy singing and I suppose there's something about that guitar that sounds like it could be Alex. So then I had a really hard think, and decided, well, it's Rush, so I guess I better like it. I mean, I am a Rush fan, so I better give it some respect. So I can't explain how, when I listen to that album, my hand sort of "slips" and hits the "next" button; I mean, I don't even think it's a conscious thing. You know how some people sort of mysteriously black out sometimes and don't remember doing things. I think that's what happens to me when the song starts. I think I might be sort of programmed to accidentally hit the next button, but I don't realize I'm doing it. That's the only explanation I can offer, because it really is an awesome song. I love it. I really love it. I'm trying really hard to love it.
  • Like 1

I think the first time I heard speed of love, I thought it might be Grover Washington Jr., or something. I didn't realize it was a Rush song. I thought somebody at the record company had made a terrible mistake and mixed up two different artists' song lists, and this Hall and Oates tune accidentally got inserted into the middle of a Rush album. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Then I realized, oh my gosh, that is Geddy singing and I suppose there's something about that guitar that sounds like it could be Alex. So then I had a really hard think, and decided, well, it's Rush, so I guess I better like it. I mean, I am a Rush fan, so I better give it some respect. So I can't explain how, when I listen to that album, my hand sort of "slips" and hits the "next" button; I mean, I don't even think it's a conscious thing. You know how some people sort of mysteriously black out sometimes and don't remember doing things. I think that's what happens to me when the song starts. I think I might be sort of programmed to accidentally hit the next button, but I don't realize I'm doing it. That's the only explanation I can offer, because it really is an awesome song. I love it. I really love it. I'm trying really hard to love it.

I really, really gotta stay out of this one...... :scared: :outtahere:

I see Spaghetti is here. No doubt he is at this very moment sweating over his keyboard carefully choosing his words.

Just don't mention CA....... :scared:

I see Spaghetti is here. No doubt he is at this very moment sweating over his keyboard carefully choosing his words.

Yes, we're all waiting . . . with tense music playing in the background. Wait, that sounds like the Speed of Love!

*plays tense scary music as he waits with fear and apprehension*

"All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning

is see your eyes...Rosanna...Rosaaaannnaaaa"

*poops himself*