Rush's hardest album?

k3no444

Honestly? A Farewell To Kings, or Hemispheres. 2112 comes to mind as well...CA doesn't strike me as very metal, as for FBN...yeah maybe...

Ok. The one with Xanadu!

• Like 2

For the time... I'd say Hemispheres. There are slow acoustic moments but all 4 tracks get very heavy at times.

Certainly not "metal" especially by today's standards but when it came out? Yeah.

• Like 2

Fly By Night metal?...... :eh:

By Tor?

Don't mind me I have a very narrow and incorrect idea of what metal is...... :blink:

By Tor?

Don't mind me I have a very narrow and incorrect idea of what metal is...... :blink:

In all honesty, nothing Rush has done strikes me as true metal, often metallic but nothing more than that.

• Like 2

By Tor?

In all honesty, nothing Rush has done strikes me as true metal, often metallic but nothing more than that.

My point.....
  • Like 1

The hardest album is Vapor Trails.

The album that was most "metal" at the time of release was probably 2112.

I am confused. Did he mean hardest to listen too?.....
  • Like 3

I would tend to agree with this but there's hardly an album of RUSH that I would consider "metal". Now there's one song I would consider to be heavy.......how about....Between The Wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXo7aYC2nY&sns=em

Edited by g under p
  • Like 2

That was mean.

And funny.

See you are getting old too. Smiles, where do find the smiley thingies?

That was mean.

And funny.

No joke. I listened to it last night and the constant distortion/buzz or whatever it is is intolerable. A shame too. Some good songs there and a headache for me to show for my trouble....

I by no means consider ANYTHING rush has done to be metal. But you have to remember. I was not born in the 70's.....they probably were metal. So ya can't go by me. lol.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I by no means consider ANYTHING rush has down to be metal. But you have to remember. I was not born in the 70's.....they probably were metal. So ya can't go by me. lol.

Mick

I was born in 60' and I never considered it metal so..... :huh: I will be shown the error of my ways by some members here however....... :)
  • Like 2

Clockwork Angels most definitely for its consistent heaviness, but it's not really metal.

I do agree that certain sections of songs from 2112, AFTK, and Hemispheres are pretty dang harsh, but I think if your gonna break it down into songs, I'd be stuck somewhere between BU2B and Working Man.

I by no means consider ANYTHING rush has down to be metal. But you have to remember. I was not born in the 70's.....they probably were metal. So ya can't go by me. lol.

Mick

I was born in 60' and I never considered it metal so..... :huh: I will be shown the error of my ways by some members here however....... :)

If i thought they WERE metal.....they would never in a million years have my interest. Not to up on that genre. There's always minor exceptions but on the whole.....i don't dig it to much.

Mick

• Like 1

By Tor?

Just to be clear, it is NOT Jethro Tull. Especially not when Metallica is also in the running. :P ;)

Mick

If i thought they WERE metal.....they would never in a million years have my interest. Not to up on that genre. There's always minor exceptions but on the whole.....i don't dig it to much.

Mick

With you brother.....
  • Like 1