2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Well it's the Patriots somebody is going to come up with something to deflate no pun intended the Patriots surprising domination of that game.

No one should have been surprised by the result of that game. Just look at the previous three games between these teams. This one was pretty much a carbon copy of that one.

The Colts have about four or five healthy players better than league average. And two of them were kickers.

• Like 1

A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.”

Would seem to get them out on any trouble. I don't think there is much, if any, controversy here, as much as I dislike Belichick.

There's the problem. The Patriots used Brady's pumps that he uses for role play with Gisele.

• Like 1

A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.”

Would seem to get them out on any trouble. I don't think there is much, if any, controversy here, as much as I dislike Belichick.

There's the problem. The Patriots used Brady's pumps that he uses for role play with Gisele.

Man, my whole life was in front of me the last time the Dolphins were AFC Champions. And the last time they won it all I was just a little boy, younger than my youngest child is now.

Man, my whole life was in front of me the last time the Dolphins were AFC Champions. And the last time they won it all I was just a little boy, younger than my youngest child is now.

One thing you can never say about New Englanders is that they're known for their senses of humour.

Well, maybe Steven Wright. But I'm guessing he's not a Pat fan.

• Like 2

One thing you can never say about New Englanders is that they're known for their senses of humour.

Humor. What are you some British imperialist now?

Gotcha...I knew the British spelling would bring out the Boston teatard in you... ;)

• Like 1

Gotcha...I knew the British spelling would bring out the Boston teatard in you... ;)

The teatard is always lurking beneath the surface. :)

• Like 1

Well it's the Patriots somebody is going to come up with something to deflate no pun intended the Patriots surprising domination of that game.

I agree with everything except the idea that the domination was surprising. Did anyone pick the Colts? Vegas had the Pats as 7 point favorites, and I would have given the points up to 13. It would have taken a sniper for the Pats to lose that game.

I agree with everything except the idea that the domination was surprising. Did anyone pick the Colts? Vegas had the Pats as 7 point favorites, and I would have given the points up to 13. It would have taken a sniper for the Pats to lose that game.

You know you are right.....I wasn't really worried about that game like I was the Ravens game. It's one of the first time ever in a Patriots game in he 3rd quarter I got tired and went to sleep. I woke up near the end of the game and I felt then wow the Patriots meant business in this game then took care of it overwhelmingly.

Former jerruh puppet Chan Gailey to the Jets as OC. Edited by laughedatbytime

Good news?

Art Rooney Jr says that the playoffs will remain at 12 teams next year. Previously, Goodell has said that he expected an expansion to 14 by next year.

Trestman to the Ravens as OC.

They can keep him.

There are a lot of good OCs that are horrible head coaches. See Turner, Norv.

They can keep him.

Now see, I thought Norv was alright with San Diego. He kinda got f*cked over towards the end of his tenure when a lot of good players left (see LT). He brought them to the AFC championship twice I believe, which is still pretty good.

The thing is, when Norv was coaching SD, they never quite made it to the Super Bowl, but more often than not they got into the playoffs and were a real pain in the dick for whoever faced them. I remember during the Pats' perfect streak in '07 they almost knocked them out during the AFC championship.

I realize you can't blame Trestman entirely for the defense itself, but you can most certainly blame him for the locker room problems, Jay Cutler, and keeping Mel Sucker as the DC. And if he's a good OC, I didn't see it in him. If he was a good OC, he would've realized that Jay Cutler isn't Rodgers or Brady, and would've focused on running the ball a bit more, since HELLO, we have a great running back.

They can keep him.

Now see, I thought Norv was alright with San Diego. He kinda got f*cked over towards the end of his tenure when a lot of good players left (see LT). He brought them to the AFC championship twice I believe, which is still pretty good.

The thing is, when Norv was coaching SD, they never quite made it to the Super Bowl, but more often than not they got into the playoffs and were a real pain in the dick for whoever faced them. I remember during the Pats' perfect streak in '07 they almost knocked them out during the AFC championship.

I realize you can't blame Trestman entirely for the defense itself, but you can most certainly blame him for the locker room problems, Jay Cutler, and keeping Mel Sucker as the DC. And if he's a good OC, I didn't see it in him. If he was a good OC, he would've realized that Jay Cutler isn't Rodgers or Brady, and would've focused on running the ball a bit more, since HELLO, we have a great running back.

As a die hard charger fan i have to disagree with you. Norv only made it to the AFC championship game once and that was on the back of the 14-2 Marty team the year before. Since 2008 Norv had never won a single playoff game. Norv is the classic el foldo in crunch time when coaching a whole team. As an OC he only has to concentrate on one thing and he's done that pretty well through the years.
  • Like 1

NFL Network fires Warren Sapp

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 2, 2015, 5:37 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrjy2e0ytuynzc2ztm2otiwntfkn2ezmjm5m2exotbh.jpeg?w=250

A Monday morning arrest on assault and solicitation of prostitution charges has cost Warren Sapp his analyst’s role with the NFL’s television channel.

NFL Network announced this afternoon it has ended Sapp’s employment.

“Warren Sapp’s contract has been terminated and he no longer works for NFL Network,” NFLN spokesperson Alex Riethmiller said in a statement released by the channel.

The 42-year-old Sapp had worked for the network since 2008.

With Sapp’s time with the network at a close, it remains to be seen if Sapp will be able to land a television role elsewhere.

Sorry, Eagles fans...

After four mostly disappointing and injury-prone seasons in Tennessee, Jake Locker is a free agent who will have to find work elsewhere. Philadelphia could be the spot.

At least, it will be according to a player agent who told NJ.com that there will be interest from Eagles head coach Chip Kelly in acquiring Locker in free agency. According to the report, that agent is not Locker’s agent but does have another quarterback who’s a free agent this year, and so he’s already begun looking at the quarterback market.

Locker would be highly unlikely to challenge for a starting job in Philadelphia or anywhere else, but he could make sense as a backup to Nick Foles if Mark Sanchez, who is also a free agent, departs this offseason. Locker may be a better fit for the kind of offense Kelly runs than Sanchez is.

The NJ.com story notes that Kelly would have some familiarity with Locker from their days in the same college conference, although that wouldn’t necessarily be a positive: Washington and Oregon played four times when Locker was at Washington and Kelly was at Oregon, and Oregon won all four games, with Locker playing poorly in three of the games and missing the fourth with an injury. So Kelly’s first-hand experience with Locker probably isn’t enough to make Kelly think Locker is a good player.

Last season Locker started five games for the Titans and had a career-low passer rating of 70.9. He could use a fresh start with a coach who has a knack for getting the most out of quarterbacks, and Kelly could be that coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/eagles-may-have-interest-in-jake-locker/

McCown gone from Tampa.

The Buccaneers released veteran quarterback Josh McCown on Wednesday, one year after signing him to a two-year deal.

McCown started 11 of 16 games last season, including the final eight.

Because McCown's contract included no signing bonus or any other 2015 bonuses, Wednesday's release will not adversely affect the team's salary cap situation.

The release of McCown leaves the Buccaneers with two quarterbacks on the roster. Mike Glennon and recent first-year addition Seth Lobato of Northern Colorado. Tampa Bay also owns the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft and is expected to use it on Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-02-11/josh-mccown-released-tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-nfl-draft-winston-mariota?eadid=SOC%2FFB%2FSNMain

McCown gone from Tampa.

The Buccaneers released veteran quarterback Josh McCown on Wednesday, one year after signing him to a two-year deal.

McCown started 11 of 16 games last season, including the final eight.

Because McCown's contract included no signing bonus or any other 2015 bonuses, Wednesday's release will not adversely affect the team's salary cap situation.

The release of McCown leaves the Buccaneers with two quarterbacks on the roster. Mike Glennon and recent first-year addition Seth Lobato of Northern Colorado. Tampa Bay also owns the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft and is expected to use it on Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.

http://www.sportingn...d=SOC/FB/SNMain

And after the draft, they still won't have a quarterback.