2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

StL losing last night screwed my ultimate plan! :LOL:

It's okay, New England will come back and beat you guys in the Super Bowl anyway :moon:

EDIT: Unless Seattle or Philadelphia kills you first.

Not worried about Philly (did you see what GB did to them a couple weeks ago?) - but SEA does scare me a bit.

Az was supposed to lose, then win out. Sea was supposed to lose the rest and the Packers were supposed to win the rest. GB would get the top seed, and SEA and SF would get left out of the playoffs. Those 2 seem to have GBs number...

SF is dead. The rest of it had about as much chance of happening as desirism does of being our national religion.

San Fran can possibly beat Green Bay, but their hopes at doing well the rest of the season are gone. It's just sad to see Arizona falling off so hard after an awesome first half of the season.

Kinda like how the Bears fell off after Ditka...apart from that Super Bowl loss against Peyton in his prime, we've only been shitty-"pretty good".

To be honest, the last couple of years Ditka was in Chicago, they pretty much fell of the map.

Yeah, that's true. I do love it when he blasts the current Bears team, though. Seems he's as frustrated as the rest of us with how inconsistent our defense and QB are.

Step 1. Fire the moron coach.

You just say that in the hope that they are able to lure Jason Garrett away from Jerruh.

I like Jason Garrett. If Jerry can stay out of his way, he'll construct a really good team.

Sorry. I didn't think any Cowboy fans liked Garrett. He seems to be doing a good job this year of sticking with the plans and not going into panic mode and abandoning the running game at the first sign of trouble.

I think it's a mixed bag result with Garrett around here. He's earned an extension and will get one. The construction of the offensive line is Garrett's fingerprints. Drafting Mo Claiborne and giving up a second round pick is Jerry.

Highlight of the week for me was Manziel starting.

The highlights of him getting pounded/intercepted and having the defensive guy doing money fingers in his face turned my frown upside down for a little while.

• Like 2

The highlights of him getting pounded/intercepted and having the defensive guy doing money fingers in his face turned my frown upside down for a little while.

Those have been shown over and over. :LOL:

Where's the GIF?

Where's the GIF?

http://sportsgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Wallace-Gilberry-GIF.gif

• Like 2

Where's the GIF?

He just may have nightmares about that game until the day he dies.

Where's the GIF?

Montage GIF, I say...MONTAGE!!!!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

In news that should surprise no one, Michigan's going after Jim Harbaugh.

Multiple NFL and Michigan sources had said for weeks that 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh was not expected to wind up at Michigan, but in recent days at least one person familiar with his thinking said he was at least "considering it."

According to multiple reports, Michigan has made a six-year, $49 million offer to Harbaugh. The offer was first reported by Joe Pequeno of CBS5 in Arizona.

Another person close to the process said that while it was possible Harbaugh could wind up at Michigan, "it was not likely."

Asked why he was considering it now, but hadn't been previously, one person said now that the 49ers are out of the playoffs, it was possible for Harbaugh to at least consider the offer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12043761/san-francisco-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh-said-considering-michigan-job

Multiple NFL and Michigan sources had said for weeks that 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh was not expected to wind up at Michigan, but in recent days at least one person familiar with his thinking said he was at least "considering it."

According to multiple reports, Michigan has made a six-year, $49 million offer to Harbaugh. The offer was first reported by Joe Pequeno of CBS5 in Arizona.

Another person close to the process said that while it was possible Harbaugh could wind up at Michigan, "it was not likely."

Asked why he was considering it now, but hadn't been previously, one person said now that the 49ers are out of the playoffs, it was possible for Harbaugh to at least consider the offer.

http://espn.go.com/n...ng-michigan-job

He'll turn the program around.

And then he'll wear out his welcome there as well.

• Like 1

Probably so. I wouldn't bet against it.

Probably so. I wouldn't bet against it.

It's a major problem with being a dick. No matter how successful you may become, you're still a dick, and people will still get sick of you. :LOL:

It's over for the Eagles, 3 defeats in a row and not looking good in any of them, the latest one to the out of favour RGKnee and the hapless Skins.

In all honesty, with our inept defense, do you think we have a chance to go to the Super Bowl? You really don't have to be that good to win these days with parity and all.

It's over for the Eagles, 3 defeats in a row and not looking good in any of them, the latest one to the out of favour RGKnee and the hapless Skins.

In all honesty, with our inept defense, do you think we have a chance to go to the Super Bowl? You really don't have to be that good to win these days with parity and all.

I think just like if the SAINTS make it, a weak defense (and ours is weaker than the Cowboys defense) will get scorched by a high octane offense (Packers) or the offense gets stifled by a tough defense (Seahawks, Cards, Lions). There's a chance one of these teams might misfire on the day and have a disastrous loss though so you never know.