2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Packers 38

Panthers 10 (4th quarter)

Jeff Tripplett's bogus officiating crew is in good form. They eject Luke Keuckly for no valid reason, then they call a BS taunting penalty on Matthews. :wtf:

Winless at home :facepalm:

Get your shit together Chicago.

The Fins tried to give it to you. Not to mention some of the calls late that were atrocious.

The Fins tried to give it to you. Not to mention some of the calls late that were atrocious.

Just a bad day for Chicago football.

http://deadspin.com/bears-lose-at-home-postgame-locker-room-ugly-scene-1648231172

Just a bad day for Chicago football.

http://deadspin.com/...cene-1648231172

Why the hell did they rip the fans? :wtf:

Wow, Chargers go length of the field in the final minute to take a halftime lead.

Gates with great concentration on a tipped ball.

If Brees doesn’t catch Peyton, no one will for many years

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 20, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/drew-brees-peyton-manning-pro-bowl-2010-3f08e0a3b5dace3e_large.jpg?w=250

Peyton Manning broke the NFL’s all-time passing touchdown record on Sunday night, and he may put it out of reach for many years.

Looking at the list of career leaders for passing touchdowns, there’s really only one person on the list who has a shot of passing Manning in the next decade, and that’s Drew Brees. Manning is currently 136 touchdown passes ahead of Brees (510 to 374), and Manning is three years older than Brees. Brees has a shot.

But it’s not a good shot. To equal Manning’s total, Brees would have to keep pace with Manning until Manning retires, and then play four more years after Manning retires while averaging 34 touchdown passes a season. That’s a very tall order.

And if Brees doesn’t break the passing touchdown record, it’s going to be a very long time before anyone gets close. After Brees on the list of all-time touchdown passers is Tom Brady, who is closer in age to Manning than he is to Brees. It’s unlikely that Brady will finish ahead of either Brees or Manning, let alone both of them.

Next on the list of active leaders is Eli Manning, who isn’t even halfway to his big brother’s total: Eli has 243 touchdown passes at age 33, meaning at his current pace he’d need to keep playing into his mid-40s just to reach Peyton’s current touchdown record, and of course by the time Peyton retires he’ll have put the record far beyond his current total.

After Eli Manning on the active list are Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer, all of whom are in their 30s and unlikely to last long enough to reach Peyton.

Aaron Rodgers, with 206 career touchdown passes, probably got too late a start to catch Manning. The 30-year-old Rodgers spent his first three seasons as Brett Favre’s backup, meaning he was already in his mid-20s before he started throwing touchdown passes. He’ll probably have to play into his mid-40s to have any chance at the record.

If there’s a young active quarterback who would have a chance at catching Manning it would probably be Matthew Stafford, who became the Lions’ starter at age 21 and now has 118 touchdown passes at age 26. Could Stafford play something like 14 more years and average 35 touchdowns a year? It’s unlikely, but he’s by far the youngest of the active quarterbacks who have reached 100 career touchdowns, so if any one of the young crop of quarterbacks is going to break the record, it’s probably Stafford. Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are only a year younger than Stafford, and they’re both more than 50 touchdowns behind Stafford.

It’s impossible to guess how the rules of the NFL or football strategies might change to make the passing touchdown record easier or harder to break in the future, but assuming 60-touchdown seasons don’t become commonplace, Manning is likely to own this record for a very long time. If any quarterback is ever going to break it, he probably isn’t in the NFL yet.

Damn Saints! They were supposed to beat the Lions.

Now I don't believe in nothing no more... I'm going to law school

The game was won, someone put a hex on the SAINTS to make sure everything that needed to happen for the Lions to come back from 23-10 happened... :facepalm:

Did any one just see the punt return by the Rams for a touchown?

I have never seen any thing like that! :LOL:

Da Bears tried it against the Packers a year or two ago, and they scored, but a penalty negated it. :LOL:

Brilliant play!

Tell me what happened I didn't see that.

:D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2237129-rams-fake-out-seahawks-leading-to-wild-90-yard-stedman-bailey-punt-return-td

• Like 1

Da Bears tried it against the Packers a year or two ago, and they scored, but a penalty negated it. :LOL:

Brilliant play!

http://bleacherrepor...-punt-return-td

It was pretty amazing that it worked so well.

A few years ago when I was coaching youth football, we drafted a fake punt play where the punter (our backup QB) pretended like there were too many players on the field - he yelled at the best WR to get off the field... as he was running off, the ball was snapped, the receiver turned up field and the QB hit him for a TD. Was one of the few plays I drew up.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 3

Brilliant play!

A few years ago when I was coaching youth football, we drafted a fake punt play where the punter (our backup QB) pretended like there were too many players on the field - he yelled at the best WR to get off the field... as he was running off, the ball was snapped, the receiver turned up field and the QB hit him for a TD. Was one of the few plays I drew up.

That play has been around for decades,

In Junior High back in the day it was done quite often. But most of the time it was done before the team had to punt. I can still remember my number being called for that trick play. I caught a pass for a TD! :D The school district finally made changes so that it wasn't allowed. :madra:

Did any one see this? I was working and missed it. :LOL:

http://www.sbnation....ght-before-snap

I was watching on and off and didn't see it. I have seen plenty of little kids puke - first few practices are always the big ones.... usually 5-10 kids that sat around all summer hurl during the first practice. We always set an over/under. It was 5 when I started, and last year it was 8. only had 7 last year... so the under won

• Like 1

Did any one see this? I was working and missed it. :LOL:

http://www.sbnation....ght-before-snap

I was watching on and off and didn't see it. I have seen plenty of little kids puke - first few practices are always the big ones.... usually 5-10 kids that sat around all summer hurl during the first practice. We always set an over/under. It was 5 when I started, and last year it was 8. only had 7 last year... so the under won

Brings back memories of double sessions in High School. :P

• Like 1

Brilliant play!

A team I played against in high school ran a version of this play. A wide receiver would go right to the sideline and start chatting with people as if he was off the field. The corner, thinking that receiver was out of the game, would drop back into a different coverage, and at the snap the receiver would take off, uncovered.

Brilliant play!

A team I played against in high school ran a version of this play. A wide receiver would go right to the sideline and start chatting with people as if he was off the field. The corner, thinking that receiver was out of the game, would drop back into a different coverage, and at the snap the receiver would take off, uncovered.

Yeah, I guess one year a coach was yelling "Jimmy, get off the field, hurry, hurry! and as he was running off, the ball was snapped and Jimmy caught a TD pass. That is now a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty because coaches getting directly involved in the deception is against the spirit of the game.

Fail

B0i6chrIAAAAm1P.jpg

Yah, the Failcons FAILED, alright...... :facepalm: :facepalm: Blew a 21-0 lead and lost 22-21........

• Like 1