A few pedal questions

Hi, my birthday is in about a week and I was wondering, is a dual footswitch (like this one http://www.kosmic.com.au/marshall-dual-footswitch-suits-jcm900/) a handy pedal for live performances? Also, can I add different effects instead of Reverb on that pedal?

Another question I would like to ask is how good is a Wah pedal to have, and what kind of effect does it have? I ask, because I'm looking into possibly purchasing one alongside the dual footswitch. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The dual foot switch is my favorite effect!
  • Like 1

I'm sticking with the tried and true Crybaby, though I gutted it 2 years ago and put a true bypass in it. The stock Crybaby has some "presence" even when it's not turned on, which causes some buzz out of my amp, so I modified the inside and it has true bypass now. Crystal clear when it's shut off. Now I'm toying with the idea of throwing an LED on it to show when it's on, but it's not necessary. It should be pretty obvious when the pedal's turned on :LOL:
  • Like 1

I'm sticking with the tried and true Crybaby, though I gutted it 2 years ago and put a true bypass in it. The stock Crybaby has some "presence" even when it's not turned on, which causes some buzz out of my amp, so I modified the inside and it has true bypass now. Crystal clear when it's shut off. Now I'm toying with the idea of throwing an LED on it to show when it's on, but it's not necessary. It should be pretty obvious when the pedal's turned on :LOL:

For single note stuff the crybaby is great, but it doesn't do well with chords. I use my wah as a filter with chords layered with distortion so I need it to hold it together :)

Edit: Post #3000. Yay :P

Edited by The Analog Grownup

I've got an acquaintance at Dunlop who got me a deal on the standard model. Guess what? It sounds like a wah!

For those of us who don't know what that is (like the OP) a Wah is a filter effect where the center frequency of the sweepable band moves up and down according to the movement of the pedal. When moved from low to high it makes the instrument go "Wah."

Ah sweet, thanks CygnusX-1Bk2. Dr Sheldon Cooper, would this one be any better for being on different amps? (http://www.kosmic.com.au/boss-fs6-dual-footswitch/) Edited by WavesandWindows

What do you need to switch? That switch is more like a sustain pedal. I have the single version and have only used it as a sustain pedal for a keyboard. It's a switch. No signal passes through it. It turns a device on or off remotely. You will get better advice if you say what you want to do rather than if a particular switch is any good. A switch is a switch. All effect pedals have switches.

It doesn't matter, I had a few messages back and forth with Dr Cooper last night and we have found the ideal pedal for what I want to do with my pedal

See, if you said you had a Spider in the first place we could have mentioned the Line6 floor boards.

While the FBV2 will work, the FBV Express will give you better access and control of the effects in the Spider, including the built in Wah. You will be able to turn 4 effects on and off as well as switch patches or banks.

Also download the Line6 Monkey utility which will allow you to more easily program your personal presets when your amp is connected to your computer via USB. It is simple to use and you can learn a lot about how these amps work. You will be able to backup your settings to your computer as well as download tones from other players. I am not sure but you may even be able to expand the models in your amp. In other words the Spider series have a limited number of amp and effects models but with Monkey you can purchase additional models and add them to your amp.

If you have more questions please tell us what you are playing on and what you are trying to accomplish then we can get you the correct info ASAP.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, but I think the FBV2 will be all I need, even with an impromptu solo section. I use my metal effect as my distorted effect tone and insane is my standard, I use crunch for a bit of a lighter sound with VERY Light distortion and clean for everything else