TRF members as Rush Album Ambassadors

RushBoingo

Not to change the subject here, but I need advice.

Would you put some jalapeño peppers in with tuna helper to give it some zing? I don't want to knock the socks off my husband.

I wouldn't but then I don't like them. :LOL:

Would you put some jalapeño peppers in with tuna helper to give it some zing? I don't want to knock the socks off my husband.

I'll throw the can in anyway. :) It's just a small one.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Not really. I have a bunch of outtakes from recording sessions. Without Alex, most of the songs die. Not all of them, but most.

Really? Which ones? I only have the Power Windows one and Alex is all over that one. In fact he is much more present on those tone wise.

All different songs. The person that sent them to me included a selection of about thirty songs.

I'll throw the can in anyway. :) It's just a small one.

He'll only have one sock blown off then. :LOL:

• Like 1

What does the younger generation know anyway? They grew up with computers and cell phones. :LOL:

I find that to be very insulting.

I never grew up! :laughing guy:

Are you even technically an adult yet? You still have time. :D

No. Kids rule! :D

I used to think that too, then I got old. :D

I hope I die before I get old. I mean like 206. Yeah if I get to still be alive at rhat age someone should probably kill me.

Not before I can get my entire Rush collection including Roios planted in a chip in my brain. Thats what I want to have by the time I get to be that old.

T4E RULEZ!!!

You know, I think you can't force someone to like Rush, they have to find the magic themselves. It's a very individual experience. I find it fascinating that their music grows on you so much. Songs that you might not like on first listen can really dig themselves into your soul after a while and become one of your favorites. Their music is complex, and not always easily taken in at first listen.

I agree. My husband, every month or so, says to me: "Do you really like their music?" He can't see anything special about Rush. Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music. At least to me that is the way it seems.

Just out of curiosity, which artists is he partial to?

He was never a great music lover like I was. I know he likes to listen to classical and spanish guitar music. Other than that, I cannot tell you. We don't discuss it.

And he doesn't like LaVilla?

• Like 1

Attention all Rush Ambassadors. No more slacking. These are not ceremonial titles only. You have responsibilities. This is a call to employ the full stock of your diplomatic and impassioned rhetoric and sum up the qualities of the recorded music that you represent.

Red vinyl Hemispheres has all of the glory and majesty of the regular "black vinyl" Hemispheres, with the added bonus that when it spins on a turntable, it is hypnotizing. All that beautiful, beautiful red . . . just spinning, spinning, spinning. I have memory and awareness, but I have no shape or form . . .

. . . where am I?

I think a few of the ambassadors need to be replaced. They're slackers. You know - fair weather ambassadors.

I'm just holding back so I don't offend anyone. :eyeroll:

You know, I think you can't force someone to like Rush, they have to find the magic themselves. It's a very individual experience. I find it fascinating that their music grows on you so much. Songs that you might not like on first listen can really dig themselves into your soul after a while and become one of your favorites. Their music is complex, and not always easily taken in at first listen.

I agree. My husband, every month or so, says to me: "Do you really like their music?" He can't see anything special about Rush. Rush isn't a band that is easily explained to anyone. It is more than their music. At least to me that is the way it seems.

He was never a great music lover like I was. I know he likes to listen to classical and spanish guitar music. Other than that, I cannot tell you. We don't discuss it.

I don't think he's ever heard LaVilla.

Rush - Your Lion

Fly By Night - LABT

Caress of Steel - BigBobby

ATWAS - Narps and Troutman

2112 - Syrinx, Geddylennon

A Farewell To Kings - Entre Perpetuo

Hemispheres - EagleMoon and KennyLee

Hemispheres - Toymaker (Red Vinyl Ambassador)

Permanent Waves - Dr. Sheldon Cooper, John Rogers

Moving Pictures - Disk98

Signals - Lorraine

Grace Under Pressure- Van Squalen

Power Windows- RushBoingo

Hold Your Fire - Blue J and Geddy's Soul Patch

A Show of Hands- RushBoingo

Presto - Mick and Segue

Roll The Bones - Led Rush (watch out for this guy)

Counterparts - 2112FirstStreet

Test For Echo- Digital Dad

Vapor Trails- x1yyz

Snakes & Arrows - BowlCity

Clockwork Angels - Canadianice

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ****Emotion Detector is available to be the co-ambassador for the following: Power Windows, Counterparts, Snakes & Arrows, Caress of Steel, Grace Under Pressure****

A fate that should befall no human being.

• Like 1

He'll say, "I like the first 15 seconds of it."

• Like 1

p.s., how come I can write "fucky" and get away with it?

:unsure: :unsure:

So basically if you use the four-letter f bomb, or the gerund version (I'm not sure about the past participle), it will be automatically altered with asterixes, but if the f-word is used in a compound (e.g. bugfuck) or any other less usual form (as above), it won't get altered. I see other people finding ways around this censorship (Zumbi, for example, is pretty good at it).

I was under the impression this board was self-censoring? As in, the mods (and users) didn't want it to degrade to the point it sounded like a bunch of juvenile delinquents, but rather like a group of upstanding citizens *straightens top hat and adjusts monocle*

This is just a censorship test: please don't be offended by the language (I just want to see what gets autocensored):

f**k

f***ing

f***ed

fucky

fuckbrain

bugfuck

unbefuckinglievable

NSFW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-akqjKzII

• Like 3

He made the remark to me on Sunday that it boggled his mind how anyone could listen to a song more than a few times.

He just doesn't really like music. Besides, he's even older than me. In fact, he's even older than Neil. :codger:

Edited by Lorraine

He made the remark to me on Sunday that it boggled his mind how anyone could listen to a song more than a few times.

He just doesn't really like music. Besides, he even older than me. In fact, he's even older than Neil. :codger:

I've heard people say that about movies and books. Like "why would you want to watch a movie or read a book more than once?" That boggles my mind.

• Like 1

He just doesn't really like music. Besides, he even older than me. In fact, he's even older than Neil. :codger:

I've heard people say that about movies and books. Like "why would you want to watch a movie or read a book more than once?" That boggles my mind.

Mine too. I've heard it my entire life. First from my older sister ("You're reading that book again???") and then from my husband. My husband's reading comprehension is phenomenal. He remembers everything he reads the first time he reads it. I don't.

• Like 2

Mine too. I've heard it my entire life. First from my older sister ("You're reading that book again???") and then from my husband. My husband's reading comprehension is phenomenal. He remembers everything he reads the first time he reads it. I don't.

Me either. Usually a couple of years and I've forgotten most everything about a story except really basic storyline highlights.

Ambassador's rule book, page 3

8. No blasphemin'

9. No ageism

10. Seriously, no beatin' on people with a mallet until their eye gets all fucky.

p.s., how come I can write "fucky" and get away with it?

This is what I think of your rule book. :bang bang:

The only thing that rules around here is Hemispheres! :smoke: :cool: :ebert: :clap: :Alex: :yes:

Ambassador's Rule Book, second edition:

1. Hemispheres rules

2. All other rules are found to be irrelevant as long as rule 1 is taken as given

2a) if rule one is not understood as given, non-believers may be subject to "adjustments," including but not limited to:

:smash: :bitchslap: :bang bang: :tsk: :poke:

Title track or the album as a whole?

Where's that slacker LedRush? He ought to be defending Dreamline on Nicky6's thread and he's nowhere to be seen.

Someone's talkin' shit about the most popular Rush song since 1982...the song that reinvigorated Rush in the public mind? Hellz no!!!

• Like 2

Where's that slacker LedRush? He ought to be defending Dreamline on Nicky6's thread and he's nowhere to be seen.

Someone's talkin' shit about the most popular Rush song since 1982...the song that reinvigorated Rush in the public mind? Hellz no!!!

Yeah, you know Led, quit worrying about your SOCN Baseball Team walk-on music (the less memorable that moment is, the better :laughing guy: ), and go defend that awesome Rush song! :dweez:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

LABT, as ambassador of Fly By Night, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You should have marched right down to that recording studio when Geddy was giving that interview and, after he abysmally and wrongfully ranked the first nine Rush albums, given him the whats fors.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Along with being the "red vinyl" Hemispheres ambassador - which doesn't really have that many responsibilities - I would like to apply for a secondment: I would like to be the Defender of Permanent Waves as a Seventies Record. I don't know if I need to make a motion or have a seconder or whatever, but count on me to weigh in whenever some 80s fan tries to wrangle Permanent Waves based on that little release date technicality.
  • Like 5

Along with being the "red vinyl" Hemispheres ambassador - which doesn't really have that many responsibilities - I would like to apply for a secondment: I would like to be the Defender of Permanent Waves as a Seventies Record. I don't know if I need to make a motion or have a seconder or whatever, but count on me to weigh in whenever some 80s fan tries to wrangle Permanent Waves based on that little release date technicality.

I'll second your nomination if I can be your backup.

• Like 4