2014 Tour de France - Daily Updates for the two other people who give a damn

alphseeker

Good luck to Michal Kwiatkowski. :madra: Came in third today. :cheers:

He's a rider like Sagan - Not a great climber/sprinter but he's an overall very good rider.
  • Like 1

Good luck to Michal Kwiatkowski. :madra: Came in third today. :cheers:

He's a rider like Sagan - Not a great climber/sprinter but he's an overall very good rider.

11th place in his debut last year. I'm looking for a top 8 finish this time. :popcorn:

I saw the tour with my own eyes in '96. It was the stage that ended in Bescancon when danish rider Bjarne Riis would win. It was an amazing experience and just seeing how fast they came around a street corner blew my mind. 5 seconds and it was all over :D

Kittel takes the Sprint and wins second stage in three days. Sagan second, keeps his green points jersey.

Stage Results:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/photo19_zpsb8e4bca7.jpg

Britain was awesome. I hope they return here soon.

Edited by alphseeker

I love to watch this race for the aerial views of the countryside and to see how the roads are laid out in Europe. Yeah, I'm a nerd. It's amazing how fast these guys go and continuously go. The crowds were huge, but didn't cheer as much as you'd see in France. Team Giant really worked hard to get to the front, because it had started raining, HARD, and Kittel finished strong. Apparently, there was a wreck in the peloton, close to the finish, but the TV was unable to catch the footage and review.

I love to watch this race for the aerial views of the countryside and to see how the roads are laid out in Europe. Yeah, I'm a nerd. It's amazing how fast these guys go and continuously go. The crowds were huge, but didn't cheer as much as you'd see in France. Team Giant really worked hard to get to the front, because it had started raining, HARD, and Kittel finished strong. Apparently, there was a wreck in the peloton, close to the finish, but the TV was unable to catch the footage and review.

Yeah it was the unluckiest man in cycling, Andy Schleck. He's now 2:24 off the lead and behind all the GC contenders. As far as Kittel that guy is a beast. 190 lbs much larger than Cavendish.

Defending Champion Chris Froome went down hard this morning when some idiot clipped his front wheel. It looked unusually deliberate. Hope they didn't take him out on purpose.

Defending Champion Chris Froome went down hard this morning when some idiot clipped his front wheel. It looked unusually deliberate. Hope they didn't take him out on purpose.

I missed this morning's (back at work). Was Froome able to resume riding?

I missed this morning's (back at work). Was Froome able to resume riding?

Yeah - He hit hard on his hip/thigh but jumped right back in the saddle. Later on they passed him a splint for his wrist so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Kittel wins the Sprint again. I think it's safe to say their is a new sprint champion now.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/stage4_zps8457dff4.jpg

Bad luck continues to follow Andy Schleck. He quit today after his crash yesterday. I along with others are starting to doubt he will ever be significant again. He seems to have lost his heart for racing.

I can't believe he jumped right on a new bike and kept going. He had severe road rash. They showed him hanging on to a car and trying to get bandaged at the same time, but he stuck with it. I think his wrist is OK, because it didn't appear that he tried to use it to break his fall. Ugh.

Riders dropping like flies now. This is what happens when you stick Paris Roubaix into the middle of the Tour de France. 9 nasty sections of cobbles are taking it's toll. Valverde and Tejay van Garderen crash and are off the back of the peloton. Absolute carnage :facepalm:

American Favorite Talansky crashes on section 7 of the cobbles.

Contador is off the back of the main group and falling behind :dweez: he'll need some tainted meat to get back in this thing

Edited by alphseeker

Lars BOOOOOOMMMMM takes the Roubaix stage in the TDF - Nibali was the hero of the day, and looks unbeatable even before the mountains. Contador blew up and is 2:35 back.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/stage5_zpsce90c830.jpg

Riders dropping like flies now. This is what happens when you stick Paris Roubaix into the middle of the Tour de France. 9 nasty sections of cobbles are taking it's toll. Valverde and Tejay van Garderen crash and are off the back of the peloton. Absolute carnage :facepalm:

Contador is off the back of the main group and falling behind :dweez: he'll need some tainted meat to get back in this thing

I have a deep hatred of Contador (or Cuntawhore, as he's called in our house). Even when (if) he was clean he was a complete dick.

I have a deep hatred of Contador (or Cuntawhore, as he's called in our house). Even when (if) he was clean he was a complete dick.

:LMAO:
  • Like 1

:LMAO:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/lance_contadope_sucks_zpse21cfcce.jpg

Seriously, though, my husband has been watching Richie Porte, who now takes over as leader for Team Sky, since last winter. He's in 8th right now; think he's got a chance at the podium? He's still got a pretty tough team backing him up.

Still, I bet Sky's directors are kind of wishing now that they'd named Bradley Wiggins to the TDF team.

Seriously, though, my husband has been watching Richie Porte, who now takes over as leader for Team Sky, since last winter. He's in 8th right now; think he's got a chance at the podium? He's still got a pretty tough team backing him up.

Still, I bet Sky's directors are kind of wishing now that they'd named Bradley Wiggins to the TDF team.

He's the reason Froome won last year. He was with him in the climbs every day, pulling him along.

WTF was up with taking them through the woods like that? To me, those looked like hiking trails. Hell, the roads (I think they may have been in Belgium, actually) at the beginning weren't that good and weren't that ride, and with the heavy rain, and the twists and turns, it was very slow. I didn't get to see the end, so maybe it got better.