2014 Tour de France - Daily Updates for the two other people who give a damn

alphseeker

:P

Today everyones hero Jens Voigt did his thing again 120 kilometers on his own to claim the King of the Mountains Jersey. Not bad for a 42 year old. It will be a sprint finish today.

Edited by alphseeker

I love Jensie! This should be a fun tour to watch.

Bummer for Cavendish after that crash. Looks very much like a broken clavicle; he was clearly in terrible pain and I'll be surprised if he finishes.

Bummer for Cavendish after that crash. Looks very much like a broken clavicle; he was clearly in terrible pain and I'll be surprised if he finishes.

Yes - Broken collar bone indeed. It was his own fault, leaning in too much into Simon Gerrans.

Leave it to Fabian (Spartacus) to stir things up at the end.

Edited by alphseeker

Cavendish seems to be growing up - A classy admission that he was entirely at fault. Too bad he separated his clavicle from his shoulder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/tour-de-france/10948659/Mark-Cavendish-crashes-in-Yorkshire-Tour-de-France-finish-as-Marcel-Kittel-wins-opening-stage.html

Le Tour goes through my home town of Huddersfield tomorrow. The place is buzzing!

I couldn't believe the crowds today. The Buttertubs climb was insane. I think there were more people per sq. ft. than Alp de Huez Awesome support.

Is Tiger in it?..... :)

He should be, he's rode enough bikes in his time....

He would probably end up slamming his bike and saying f**k or GD and some point.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

He would probably end up slamming his bike and saying f**k or GD and some point.... :LOL:

Nope, he's in the World Cup. Why else would the ratings be so high?

• Like 1

The ratings aren't coming from this household I can assure you....

You bastards trying to hijack my respectable trustworthy honorable sport of PED cycling :P
  • Like 2

You bastards trying to hijack my respectable trustworthy honorable sport of PED cycling :P

:syrinx: :LMAO:

Le Tour goes through my home town of Huddersfield tomorrow. The place is buzzing!

I couldn't believe the crowds today. The Buttertubs climb was insane. I think there were more people per sq. ft. than Alp de Huez Awesome support.

I like the new format of jumping straight into it, no opening time trial. This is a bit more exciting. :)

• Like 1

I like the new format of jumping straight into it, no opening time trial. This is a bit more exciting. :)

yeah me too - Prologue was so boring and never had an overall impact. I also like no time bonuses. Just flat out when you cross the line.

Nibali takes over the Maillot Jaune on day two. Thought Sagan was going to take it but Nibali had the legs over a max 33% grade hill right before finish. most of the Top GC contenders together at the finish. Edited by alphseeker