Are You Sure Toto Suck?

Please at least give these a try BEFORE you all jump down my throat:

Bottom Of Your Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GAxVf8jdLw

Falling In Between (this is MIGHTY FINE HARD ROCK!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MP-JkSPfRg

Edited by Segue Myles

Hold The Line live

I don't think Toto suck...but I do think that we like different things about them....which is cool :) Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

I don't think Toto suck...but I do think that we like different things about them....which is cool :)

Um...those songs, aside from Endless, are not my favourites. I just aimed for the "Rushiest" sounding songs...I am certain we most likely enjoy the same things...

I don't think Toto suck...but I do think that we like different things about them....which is cool :)

Um...those songs, aside from Endless, are not my favourites. I just aimed for the "Rushiest" sounding songs...I am certain we most likely enjoy the same things...

Well, I was mainly referring to the old Hydra business, which is my favourite, and your least favourite

But I think we both love the first album (right?)...so we have that :cheers:

Well, I was mainly referring to the old Hydra business, which is my favourite, and your least favourite

But I think we both love the first album (right?)...so we have that :cheers:

I would like Hydra more if it wasn't fpr the fact that I knw far better prog style rock albums...and it has some DREADFUL songs. I prefer Turn Back...

...the debut is one of my favourite albums from any band!

Top five Toto albums (very easy!):

5: Toto

4: The Seventh One

3: IV

2: Tambu

1: Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit is one of my desert island discs...the reason I didn't post any songs is because I really don't want to hear any negative comments...from anybody.

Edited by Segue Myles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NY3ryJo6Qxk

You're preaching to the choir here Segue

Mick

I love this tune...still no Rosanna, but it is really catchy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m66b6KxHrdM

I'm not lying when i say this is my fav tune by them. Here it is from when they were promoting they're first record.

Mick

This is your favourite Toto song? Bit offbeat but it is brilliant fun!

There is something about the singing on this album that doesn't sit well with me...is this another Kimball tune?

There is something about the singing on this album that doesn't sit well with me...is this another Kimball tune?

It's from Hydra so yes. Williams did it much better in Poland. They didn't have that version on youtube though. GET THAT CD!!!!! lol.

Mick

It's from Hydra so yes. Williams did it much better in Poland. They didn't have that version on youtube though. GET THAT CD!!!!! lol.

Mick

Oooh...well I plan on getting the cd and dvd soon...

• Like 1

I liked the first 3 albums way back in the day. They pretty much lost me when they hit it big with Toto IV.

Shame...They released great music in the form of the heavy (heavy by even non-Toto standards) Kingdom Of Desire, and pure anthemic arena rock with the rifftastic and absolute melodic gold of Tambu. Try those beauties!EESPECIALLY TAMBU!

And the prog flavoured Kingdom Of Desire is quite simply a modern classic.

• Like 1

I liked the first 3 albums way back in the day. They pretty much lost me when they hit it big with Toto IV.

Shame...They released great music in the form of the heavy (heavy by even non-Toto standards) Kingdom Of Desire, and pure anthemic arena rock with the rifftastic and absolute melodic gold of Tambu. Try those beauties!EESPECIALLY TAMBU!

Just checked out some stuff from Kingdom Of Desire on Youtube...I liked what I heard :ebert: May have to get that at some point

Just checked out some stuff from Kingdom Of Desire on Youtube...I liked what I heard :ebert: May have to get that at some point

Kingdom Of Desire and Tambu should be bought together, they really complement each other despite different styles (the production and mix on Tambu is second to none).

Great musicians, but a big cheese factor with them. You gotta remember where Toto came from.. Studio musicians putting a band together.. They didn't slug it out in the clubs
  • Like 1

A few years ago, I did some video editing work for the band about the making of Falling In Between.

Here's one of the clips.

http://youtu.be/Ag-UG1fXhUg

I heard Rosanna in the car on the way back from the gym this morning. I couldn't get Segue out of my head.... :rage: :)