Are You Sure Toto Suck?

A few years ago, I did some video editing work for the band about the making of Falling In Between.

Here's one of the clips.

http://youtu.be/Ag-UG1fXhUg

I heard Rosanna in the car on the way back from the gym this morning. I couldn't get Segue out of my head.... :rage: :)

Had to run a few errands a few minutes ago and heard Africa on the radio :rage: . Fortunately it was followed by Sweet Emotion.... Seeeeeggggguuuueeee!! :wacko:

A few years ago, I did some video editing work for the band about the making of Falling In Between.

Here's one of the clips.

I heard Rosanna in the car on the way back from the gym this morning. I couldn't get Segue out of my head.... :rage: :)

Had to run a few errands a few minutes ago and heard Africa on the radio :rage: . Fortunately it was followed by Sweet Emotion.... Seeeeeggggguuuueeee!! :wacko:

You love me!

Here's one of the clips.

You love me!

I certainly can't think of or hear Toto without thinking about you. Whatever that means..... :smash:

Here's one of the clips.

You love me!

I certainly can't think of or hear Toto without thinking about you. Whatever that means..... :smash:

Ouch

Did I miss the toto sucks thread?

Every time Toto gets mentioned the hate rolls out the red carpet.

My love for them has waned, but my taste in music always goes in circles...I will be obsessed again soon!

• Like 1

Did I miss the toto sucks thread?

Every time Toto gets mentioned the hate rolls out the red carpet.

My love for them has waned, but my taste in music always goes in circles...I will be obsessed again soon!

It's actually all just jealousy, bud. We get to experience glory they never will, lol

;)

Mick

how can this band suck?! 30+ years. amazing musicianship and amazing crafted songs. Jeff freaking Pocaro! Simon Phillips! Luke! Come on folks. This band live is freaking amazing! vocals are always on. being a musician i can understand and get into the music. Seventh One, Kingdom of Desire and falling in between are favs. tambu also. monster song writers. they are huge in Europe but not in the states. it's cool they are playing in the US this year. gonna see them at the greek theater in LA. I will see them just don't know about hearing them. Sound blows ass there.

how can this band suck?! 30+ years. amazing musicianship and amazing crafted songs. Jeff freaking Pocaro! Simon Phillips! Luke! Come on folks. This band live is freaking amazing! vocals are always on. being a musician i can understand and get into the music. Seventh One, Kingdom of Desire and falling in between are favs. tambu also. monster song writers. they are huge in Europe but not in the states. it's cool they are playing in the US this year. gonna see them at the greek theater in LA. I will see them just don't know about hearing them. Sound blows ass there.

People just have a notion of what Toto is......they should pick up a damn album sometime, lol They're debut is a freakin' monster record.

Mick

• Like 1

People just have a notion of what Toto is......they should pick up a damn album sometime, lol They're debut is a freakin' monster record.

Mick

I have to agree...

Toto

The Seventh One

Fahrenheit

Tambu

Kingdom Of Desire

Tambu

Mindfields

Falling In Between

If you listen to all of these albums and open your minds, you will find some of the best pop/rock/etc you have ever heard, and whereas some bands are skilled in a way that blows the mind but at the same time kind of bores you, Toto write amazingly written hooks, excellent, faultless musicianship, spot on production...Rosanna, Hold The Line, Africa...yes, if you listen on the surface you get a lot of cheese. Listen properly and you will find it to be every bit as wonderful and joyful as Rush. Seriously, Rush and Toto to my mind are equals at opposite ends of the genre.

Mick

I have to agree...

Toto

The Seventh One

Fahrenheit

Tambu

Kingdom Of Desire

Tambu

Mindfields

Falling In Between

If you listen to all of these albums and open your minds, you will find some of the best pop/rock/etc you have ever heard, and whereas some bands are skilled in a way that blows the mind but at the same time kind of bores you, Toto write amazingly written hooks, excellent, faultless musicianship, spot on production...Rosanna, Hold The Line, Africa...yes, if you listen on the surface you get a lot of cheese. Listen properly and you will find it to be every bit as wonderful and joyful as Rush. Seriously, Rush and Toto to my mind are equals at opposite ends of the genre.

Yea. you know what it reminds me of. People who say they don't listen to Rush because of Geddy's screeching. Um hello....Geddy hasn't sang in that style since 78/79......so grow up, lol. same.....pick up a freakin' Toto record or 2 THEN judge,

Mick

• Like 1

I was unable to listen to these songs when they were first posted, but I just had a chance to listen now.

Segue, I think we just like different things. I tried, but sorry, this isn't my style of music.

Toto is like a cross between Journey and Steely Dan, but without the hooks of Journey or the cool, smokey jazz club weirdness of The Dan .

Toto is like a cross between Journey and Steely Dan, but without the hooks of Journey or the cool, smokey jazz club weirdness of The Dan .

I can live with that! They would probably agree as well...I played me some Journey recently, amd I think it blew most of Toto out of the water.

As for Steely Dan...will get around to them properly soon, they have the potential to become another awesome band!

I can live with that! They would probably agree as well...I played me some Journey recently, amd I think it blew most of Toto out of the water.

As for Steely Dan...will get around to them properly soon, they have the potential to become another awesome band!

Oh Steely Dan are awesome Segue. So awesome. I hope they click for you.

They're run of albums from 72-80......Magic.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I want to explore them, but I cannot seem to stop playing Rush at the moment! Everything else sounds so lame in comparison at the moment, its not even funny!

Mick

I want to explore them, but I cannot seem to stop playing Rush at the moment! Everything else sounds so lame in comparison at the moment, its not even funny!

Check out the album AJA...it's a bit mellow, but one of the best sounding albums ever made, IMO.. Up there with Dark Side of the Moon .. Gorgeous album

And Lukather played on several Dan albums

Edited by Xanadoood

Let's see Dan albums i recommend.

top 3 to start for me at least are.

Pretzel Logic

Aja ( i'm tired of it but if you're new listen to it)

The Royal Scam.

Really every record in they're original run is gold......but i think those are great starters.

Mick

• Like 1

Great musicians, but a big cheese factor with them. You gotta remember where Toto came from.. Studio musicians putting a band together.. They didn't slug it out in the clubs

Really?,

I never knew that. I always liked there music but not enough to want to go out and buy an album by them.

Great musicians, but a big cheese factor with them. You gotta remember where Toto came from.. Studio musicians putting a band together.. They didn't slug it out in the clubs

Really?,

I never knew that. I always liked there music but not enough to want to go out and buy an album by them.

Studio musicians plus old, old friends of each other. Do not generalise the bands relationships as if their formation was just a routine get together. Like any band, their music was a meeting of minds, a combination of talent, chemistry and fun! Whether or not you like them is up to you, but Toto are not a mere band of session musicians.

• Like 1