Zumbi - The 2112 Man

YYZumbi

So are we taking bets on how long this self imposed moratorium lasts?

He'll be back. How else will we all get to discuss whether or not they will play Dog Years next tour. :huh:

He'll be back. How else will we all get to discuss whether or not they will play Dog Years next tour. :huh:

I'm just surprised that he didn't make a thread about "Didacts and Narpets in 2015" unless he made a thread for all of Fountain of Lamneth, which wouldn't have been a bad thread, even though they'd never play it.

I'm just surprised that he didn't make a thread about "Didacts and Narpets in 2015" unless he made a thread for all of Fountain of Lamneth, which wouldn't have been a bad thread, even though they'd never play it.

Funny you mention that one. My band is planning on working Didacts and Narpets into our drummer's solo.

I think Zumbi will stick to his guns. He appears to be a determined young man.

He will be our forever 2112 Man.

strikes me as a bit of a pussy. Sorry, was that mean?
  • Like 1

We all know you're a Meanie Meanerson, Goose.

We all know you're a Meanie Meanerson, Goose.

������ ETA: that is an Android devil emoticon Edited by goose

What?

I can agree with one thing mentioned / implied in this thread: this forum is particularly harsh on new members and on non-native English speakers. It takes time until you build a thick enough skin and start to enjoy the forum. If I were you Zumbi, I'd stick around a while more.

I believe it was I who implied that... I haven't actually noticed too much of that (particularly aimed at you... your english is better than my own really :LOL: ), though I do recall seeing a comment demeaning Zumbi for being a Swede.

It's really no surprise that there's that sort of prejudice here :facepalm: :huh:

I can agree with one thing mentioned / implied in this thread: this forum is particularly harsh on new members and on non-native English speakers. It takes time until you build a thick enough skin and start to enjoy the forum. If I were you Zumbi, I'd stick around a while more.

I believe it was I who implied that... I haven't actually noticed too much of that (particularly aimed at you... your english is better than my own really :LOL: ), though I do recall seeing a comment demeaning Zumbi for being a Swede.

It's really no surprise that there's that sort of prejudice here :facepalm: :huh:

Here's another example: I got used to jokes about me being Brazillian , and in time Zumbi would get used to jokes about him being a Swede - ideally racial jokes wouldn't come up in any forum, but we gotta learn how to handle them. It's all in good fun anyway we should all learn not to take offense at this kind of thing.

• Like 1

Here's another example: I got used to jokes about me being Brazillian , and in time Zumbi would get used to jokes about him being a Swede - ideally racial jokes wouldn't come up in any forum, but we gotta learn how to handle them. It's all in good fun anyway we should all learn not to take offense at this kind of thing.

I don't understand that. Not to say that a friend should never make a light- hearted joke about another friend, but making a joke about someone simply because they are a different nationality (or race or color or gender or orientation etc.) than you is just wrong.

• Like 1

:goodone:

Too much PC these days. :facepalm:

• Like 1

:goodone:

Too much PC these days. :facepalm:

Nah, just nice. :P

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 2

I don't understand that. Not to say that a friend should never make a light- hearted joke about another friend, but making a joke about someone simply because they are a different nationality (or race or color or gender or orientation etc.) than you is just wrong.

Nonsense. Friendship means you are free to engage in exactly that kind of interplay without worrying about offending each other.

• Like 4

Nonsense. Friendship means you are free to engage in exactly that kind of interplay without worrying about offending each other.

:yes: :goodone:

Exactly,

My work place is a perfect example. All types of different folks there. Black, White, Hispanic, Alaskan Native ect. It's a fu***** riot! :LOL: We joke with each other all the time. I have not once noticed any one ever feeling offended. Most are younger than me and I am quite impressed how well they play along. :D

Exactly,

My work place is a perfect example. All types of different folks there. Black, White, Hispanic, Alaskan Native ect. It's a fu***** riot! :LOL: We joke with each other all the time. I have not once noticed any one ever feeling offended. Most are younger than me and I am quite impressed how well they play along. :D

And I would bet they have all eaten a corn dog or two at least in their lifetimes.... :)
  • Like 2

Exactly,

And I would bet they have all eaten a corn dog or two at least in their lifetimes.... :)

Oh yeah,

We get them at a discount!! :D

What a cart full of horse sh1t.

Other members poking fun at this guy has nothing to do with him being a Swede or his youthful years.

It's his relentless, point-blank humourless fanboy "I love Rush far more than anyone else ever could" postings that do him in.

He brings it on himself. But if others want to explain it away as "racism" or anything else then fill your boots.

• Like 3