RIP Phillip Lutzenkirchen

Nothing good ever happens when you're driving at 3:00 AM. Phillip Lutzenkirchen was 23.

RIP.

AUBURN, Ala. — Former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a wreck early Sunday morning outside of LaGrange, Ga.

He was 23.

Lutzenkirchen's fatal accident occurred in Troup County, just southeast of LaGrange, at approximately 3:06 a.m. Sunday morning, according to Master Trooper B.N. Talley of the Georgia State Patrol, who responded to the scene.

"It happened at the intersection of Upper Big Springs Road and Lower Big Springs Road," Talley said. "The vehicle was a 2006 Chevy Tahoe and the driver missed a stop sign at the intersection of those two roads, which is more or less a 'T-intersection.' They traveled through the intersection off into a churchyard. They were out of control for about 450 feet."

At that point, Talley said, the vehicle overturned, ejecting three of the four passengers.

"Philip was one of them," Talley said," and he was killed at the scene."

The driver of the vehicle, Joseph Davis, was also killed.

Lutzenkirchen, who was seated behind Davis, was not wearing his seat belt. Talley said they "are still looking into" how fast the vehicle was traveling when it ran through the stop sign.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/06/29/3177530/breaking-former-auburn-tight-end.html#storylink=cpy

Wow. I feel bad for this young man's family and War Eagle Nation.

I remember this young man. He was tough nosed and made a huge play against Carolina, last time we played at Jordan-Hare, to secure victory for Auburn. He was on the National Championship team with Cam Newton, right?

Wow. I feel bad for this young man's family and War Eagle Nation.

I remember this young man. He was tough nosed and made a huge play against Carolina, last time we played at Jordan-Hare, to secure victory for Auburn. He was on the National Championship team with Cam Newton, right?

Yep, the 2010 team.