Tour beginning in three months?

traeplien

Take this for what its worth. I have a friend who works locally here in Winston-Salem, NC. When I shop at the store where he works, we talk Rush as we are both big Rush fans and also play instruments (he plays guitar in a local band). Last week, as I was leaving his grocery store, he flagged me down to tell me some exciting news. Apparently, he has a friend who works with Geddy and Alex in some capacity. I think guitar repair or something like that. Anyway, my friends friend told him that he recently spoke with Alex and that Alex told him they (Rush) were hitting the road in three months. Thats pretty much all I've got. I'll post if/when the news updates. If somebody here has already posted something similar, I apologize. Peace!

If true, i'm pretty sure Alex was just messing with him. Tickets went on sale about six or seventh months ahead of time on the last tour. If they were to start touring in three months we would know the dates by now and most of us here would have out tickets.
  • Like 1

Yeah I doubt seriously that we wouldn't know about it at least six months in advance.

Edit: On the other hand, I can see them possibly starting to rehearse for a tour in three months. They usually start that a few months before a tour starts.

And yeah, Alex has never been the most reliable source.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

They're going into the studio in a little under 3 months. NOT going on tour.

Dudes buddies friends cousins best friends uncles grandpop prolly told him that and it just got changed a bit down the line.

• Like 2

Dudes buddies friends cousins best friends uncles grandpop prolly told him that and it just got changed a bit down the line.

Do you know for sure they're going into the studio in 3 months?

Things can change.

It has been the plan for quite a while that they would hit the studio in September.

Most recent news I heard did not change that.

• Like 1

Things can change.

It has been the plan for quite a while that they would hit the studio in September.

Most recent news I heard did not change that.

The little wheels in my brain are turning ... Hopefully this means they will be recording a new song(s) to be played on the upcoming tour!

• Like 1

Yeah, all good points but any news other than the unthinkable (retirement, long hiatus, etc) is good news. I am hoping they bypass doing a new album and concentrate on the setlist which needs to be totally revamped imo.
  • Like 1

Yeah, all good points but any news other than the unthinkable (retirement, long hiatus, etc) is good news. I am hoping they bypass doing a new album and concentrate on the setlist which needs to be totally revamped imo.

It will most likely not be a full album but an "Extended EP"

Something along the lines of 3-6 new songs they can showcase on the upcoming tour.

Who needs seventh hand info when I have my Rush intuition? Big announcement coming in July.

• Like 4

Rushtuition

Who needs seventh hand info when I have my Rush intuition? Big announcement coming in July.

Rushtuition :)

• Like 2

Something along the lines of 3-6 new songs they can showcase on the upcoming tour.

A few songs I'm cool with but I really want to hear vintage Rush.

• Like 1

I liked what they had going on the TM tour, two new songs was perfect

Rushtuition

Rushtuition :)

Eagle, that's a good one! I have to remember it. :LOL:

• Like 1

Snaked has the best information than anyone here so if he says they are hitting the studio in 3 months, I am 100% convinced he is correct.

Snaked - would there be an announcement or would they just go into a studio and we'll find out after the fact?

I wish they'd do something like they've done a few years back, when they had the countdown on rush.com
  • Like 2

I liked what they had going on the TM tour, two new songs was perfect

Agreed.

Going into the studio this September does make some sense, I suppose.

Hit the studio in the fall to polish and record 2-3 new songs. Take a break for the holidays and start tour rehearsals shorty thereafter for tour in April.

Guess we'll know soon.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Alex rehearse at the studio last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Yes, it sounds so. That's quite a grapevine you are hooked into.

Going into the studio this September does make some sense, I suppose.

Hit the studio in the fall to polish and record 2-3 new songs. Take a break for the holidays and start tour rehearsals shorty thereafter for tour in April.

Guess we'll know soon.

I hope so. Any day now.

• Like 2