All i know is the camera/editing work better not be like CA. that pissed me off.

Mick

Pissed me off too! Especially after an awesome DVD like Time Machine

The editing for Time Machine was arbitrary, sloppy, and terrible.

And they really went overboard with those audience cutaways which just added to the overall sloppiness. Hey, instead of cutting to Neil's awesome fill in Tom Sawyer let's just cut to some random goofballs air drumming....

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

All i know is the camera/editing work better not be like CA. that pissed me off.

Mick

And they really went overboard with those audience cutaways which just added to the overall sloppiness. Hey, instead of cutting to Neil's awesome fill in Tom Sawyer let's just cut to some random goofballs air drumming....

That's one of my pet peeves about Time Machine. In Rush in Rio, I would've let it slide considering the environment it was recorded in, but it feels so out of place elsewhere IMO. During Working Them Angels I spotted an audience shot where a guy was tying his shoe! Other than the frequent cut at the audience, the editing was passable.

• Like 3

Mick

That's one of my pet peeves about Time Machine. In Rush in Rio, I would've let it slide considering the environment it was recorded in, but it feels so out of place elsewhere IMO. During Working Them Angels I spotted an audience shot where a guy was tying his shoe! Other than the frequent cut at the audience, the editing was passable.

I am a little biased with Time Machine, but I still don't think it was sloppy. I thought they did a great job getting the best angles/views at the right times. I really like the more cinematic feel to it as well

I think the where is much less of importance than the what! I think the setlist should reflect things they haven't recorded on DVD ever.

As Below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Lock And Key

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Outro Solo)

Natural Science

Test For Echo

Afterimage

Distant Early Warnings

New World Man

YYZ- Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

One Little Victory (New Solo Version)

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

A fine list!

I would want a different CA song in place of Caravan. Like The Anarchist. Also, you need The Garden!

• Like 1

I think the where is much less of importance than the what! I think the setlist should reflect things they haven't recorded on DVD ever.

As Below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan / The Anarchist

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Lock And Key

Limbo

Show Don't Tell/ Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Outro Solo)

Natural Science

Test For Echo

Afterimage

Distant Early Warnings

New World Man / The Garden

YYZ- Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

One Little Victory (New Solo Version)

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

A fine list!

I would want a different CA song in place of Caravan. Like The Anarchist. Also, you need The Garden!

Changes made just for you sir!

All I know is they need to go all out this next tour. Now that they have the Screne, Pyros and the Light working in top form. They need to Pull out all the stops! Do Show Don't Tell and bring out the Rabbits again. Do Test For Echo and have Satellite dishes shooting lasers. Do Countdown and let the entire stage fill with Dry ice. Do the Weapon and have some one have everyone where 3D Glasses. Hell they can even have a 3D film playing on the screne now. Its time to go BIG, Real BIG and even BIGGER! Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1