I'm going from hazy memory, but I read that Neil had to physically restrain a guy or came close to it because of the way the man was beating his wife. The twist was something along the lines that it was almost acceptable in their cuture. I belive there were other cultural issues as well, but I could be wrong.

Anyone know more?

That's about as much as I know too except to point out that it happened in public somewhere, not at a show I'm pretty sure..

And.. Culture or not Neil, just step in and knock the punk out next time!!

Rush In The Dungeon

I want to see this realised...

I think the where is much less of importance than the what! I think the setlist should reflect things they haven't recorded on DVD ever.

As Below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Lock And Key

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Outro Solo)

Natural Science

Test For Echo

Afterimage

Distant Early Warnings

New World Man

YYZ- Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

One Little Victory (New Solo Version)

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

• Like 3

I think the where is much less of importance than the what! I think the setlist should reflect things they haven't recorded on DVD ever.

As Below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Lock And Key

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Natural Science

Test For Echo

Afterimage

Distant Early Warnings

New World Man

YYZ- Drum Solo

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

A fine list!

• Like 1

As Below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Lock And Key

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Natural Science

Test For Echo

Afterimage

Distant Early Warnings

New World Man

YYZ- Drum Solo

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Dude that setlist ROCKS!! I like the idea of another album done in full live like MP on Time Machine, but dang it's a great list otherwise too.

The title of their next live DVD (obviously, as it should've been for the past few decades):

RUSH: in the Pleasure Dome

(Guest appearance from Kubla Khan)

• Like 1

As Below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Limelight

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Lock And Key

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Natural Science

Test For Echo

Afterimage

Distant Early Warnings

New World Man

YYZ- Drum Solo

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Dude that setlist ROCKS!! I like the idea of another album done in full live like MP on Time Machine, but dang it's a great list otherwise too.

The title of their next live DVD (obviously, as it should've been for the past few decades):

RUSH: in the Pleasure Dome

(Guest appearance from Kubla Khan)

I Like the Title: Rush: In the pleasure dome! Sounds great!

:codger:

• Like 1

Do it properly this time and record it in Toronto. The venue is ALWAYS sold out in Toronto and the crowd will be hungry for Rush. If we're looking for a crowd to be as crazy as Rio, that won't happen, but this will be as close as it gets!

No disrespect, but Montreal is a better choice. I base this on personal experiences in both places; Toronto fans seem much more reserved. The Montreal shows I've attended blew away the Toronto shows due to the crowd energy. For the purposes of this post, this covers performances from the Presto tour until now.

Other ancillary advantages of Montreal, that have nothing to do with the show:

1) Poutine;

2) Molson Export Ale available absolutely everywhere;

3) Club Wanda (look it up).

I present this without passion or prejudice, that's just the way it is. Or at least has been...

Toronto, Red Rocks, or Gorge.

You can't beat the ambiance of those places for their own particular reasons, not to mention it seems like this forum goes nuts whenever they visit the latter two. They seem like rational choices.

I think it's a bit overly optimistic to expect a DVD to be filmed in 2015. If they start touring in 2015 the second leg might stretch into 2016 and my guess is that they will film the show when they are well under way. The release will probably be late 2016/early 2017.

What none of you have mentioned is the possibility of filming several locations. Change the style a little. I loved the behind the scenes feel the last one had, so I wouldn't mind if they continued down that path.

• Like 1

I think it's a bit overly optimistic to expect a DVD to be filmed in 2015. If they start touring in 2015 the second leg might stretch into 2016 and my guess is that they will film the show when they are well under way. The release will probably be late 2016/early 2017.

What none of you have mentioned is the possibility of filming several locations. Change the style a little. I loved the behind the scenes feel the last one had, so I wouldn't mind if they continued down that path.

Here's an idea: a 26 show Tour in support of a 26 song setlist. 1st night record opening and 1st Song! 2nd night- 2nd Song and so on until the tour is over.

Here's an idea: a 26 show Tour in support of a 26 song setlist. 1st night record opening and 1st Song! 2nd night- 2nd Song and so on until the tour is over.

It could work but I think a 26 cities tour doesn't bode well for us Rush fans across the pond ;). It will also depend on wether the next album will have a theme or concept. But I like the idea :)

• Like 1

A bit like Iron Maiden did with Flight 666
  • Like 1

The answer is definitely RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL.

Film 3 or 4 nights with a slightly scaled down light show, and throw in a surprise song or 2 each night for DVD purposes. You get your pick of 3 nights for each song, and get to do some obscure/never recorded stuff.

We usually get a Jones Beach, MSG, NJ, & Mohegan show every tour anyway, so skip the Garden or JB and do a week at RCMH.

• Like 1