I always ask, "where is the R41 DVD taking place?!" And since I know how much you guys LOVE to hear me say it...

YOU MUST GIVE ME THE ANSWER BEFORE MY HEAD GOES BOOM

And?!?!

Do it properly this time and record it in Toronto. The venue is ALWAYS sold out in Toronto and the crowd will be hungry for Rush. If we're looking for a crowd to be as crazy as Rio, that won't happen, but this will be as close as it gets!
  • Like 3

No. Rush simply must return to my city. With me sitting in the first row looking (adorable and) adoringly at them, the DVD would be an insta-hit and generate oodles of $$$$$$$$ for them. :cool: Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

I second Toronto. I know they don't always go down the easiest or most predictable path, but I'm a little surprised they've never shot one there.

Rush At Home would be a perfect title.

RUSH AT HOME.

ATWAS is in Toronto, but obviously no video though :P

• Like 1

Can't see them ever going to Japan again after what happened in '84, and not sure they'd draw well there. Unsure about Australia, but can't imagine there's enough of an audience to justify the exorbitant cost.

What happened in Japan?

• Like 1

I'm going from hazy memory, but I read that Neil had to physically restrain a guy or came close to it because of the way the man was beating his wife. The twist was something along the lines that it was almost acceptable in their cuture. I belive there were other cultural issues as well, but I could be wrong.

Anyone know more?

I second Toronto. I know they don't always go down the easiest or most predictable path, but I'm a little surprised they've never shot one there.

RUSH AT HOME.

I thought the short DVD of the p/g tour (included in the replay box) was in Toronto?

I'm going from hazy memory, but I read that Neil had to physically restrain a guy or came close to it because of the way the man was beating his wife. The twist was something along the lines that it was almost acceptable in their cuture. I belive there were other cultural issues as well, but I could be wrong.

Anyone know more?

Somewhere in this forum is a topic called "why Rush won't play Japan" - the post was started in 2007.

RUSH AT HOME.

I thought the short DVD of the p/g tour (included in the replay box) was in Toronto?

No, that's in New York.

RUSH AT HOME.

No, that's in New York.

Are you . . . sure? Totally, totally sure?

I think the DVD should be filmed at The Gorge in WA. Easily the most beautiful venue I have ever been to, it would be a fantastic site for a Rush video! Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

RUSH AT HOME.

Can't see them ever going to Japan again after what happened in '84, and not sure they'd draw well there. Unsure about Australia, but can't imagine there's enough of an audience to justify the exorbitant cost.

What happened in Japan?

Not 100% sure but I believe Neil was in a bar when he saw a Japanese man verbally/physically abusing his wife. Neil exchanged some words with the Japanese man and was looked down upon. After the incidient vowed to never tour Japan again. Edited by The Big Money
  • Like 1

RUSH AT HOME.

And that pi**** me off! :madra: :P

NYC — MSG! They almost always sell out in NYC.

That'd be amazing! If they filmed it at Radio City Music Hall, that'd be even better IMO. It's been on my bucket list to attend a NYC show and have it be filmed for a live CD/DVD, especially if it's Rush!

• Like 1