Setlist for Next Tour

Pretending that there will be no new songs. Which probably won't happen.

SET 1

Dreamline

Caravan

Red Barchetta

Show Don't Tell/Test for Echo(alternate)

Cut to the Chase/Cold Fire (alternate)

Vapor Trail/Nocturne (alternate)

War Paint/Chain Lightning (alternate)

The Anarchist

Drum Solo->La Villa Strangiato

2112 Overture-Temples-Finale

SET 2

Subdivisions

Kid Gloves/Lock & Key

Prime Mover/Open Secrets

The Weapon/The Enemy Within

Countdown/Emotion Detector

Jacob's Ladder

YYZ->Drum Solo

Different Strings

Hemispheres Prelude->Under the Shadow

Tom Sawyer

Xanadu

Freewill

Encore:

Headlong Flight

Fly By Night->In the Mood

The Spirit of Radio

Edited by savagegrace26

No Power Windows representation = a set that I do not ever want to see happen. I like other parts of the set though.

No Power Windows representation = a set that I do not ever want to see happen. I like other parts of the set though.

Power Windows has been covered extensively on the last two tours. We don't need more of it. I'm thinking about songs that would make a new dvd release interesting. There are enough Power Windows songs on the Clockwork Angels live dvd.

You can replace Dreamline with The Big Money if you wish. They've both been played to death.

• Like 1

Too much Presto for my taste, but an interesting set nonetheless :)

One Little Victory (with dragon intro)

Freewill

Subdivisions

Afterimage

Workin' Them Angels

YYZ

Animate

The Trees

Cut To The Chase

Vital Signs

Countdown

Secret Touch

Tom Sawyer

Test For Echo

Red Barchetta

Cold Fire

Lock and Key

Mystic Rhythms

Headlong Flight

Drum Solo

Different Strings

Xanadu

2112 O/T/F

Distant Early Warning

La Villa Strangiato

Working Man

Far Cry

The Spirit Of Radio

Crossroads

Limelight

:D :D :D

Edited.

Will that make you happy? Hope you make it on the right night...

I am half happy. A Rush show without a Power Windows song feels empty. So what they played 5 songs from it last tour, I am not saying they need to play a ton of it, but one song per tour. The Snakes and Arrows tour severely missed that album.

Too much Presto for my taste, but an interesting set nonetheless :)

One Little Victory (with dragon intro)

Freewill

Subdivisions

Afterimage

Workin' Them Angels

YYZ

Animate

The Trees

Cut To The Chase

Vital Signs

Countdown

Secret Touch

Tom Sawyer

Test For Echo

Red Barchetta

Cold Fire

Lock and Key

Mystic Rhythms

Headlong Flight

Drum Solo

Different Strings

Xanadu

2112 O/T/F

Distant Early Warning

La Villa Strangiato

Working Man

Far Cry

The Spirit Of Radio

Crossroads

Limelight

:D :D :D

Too much Feedback for my taste...

Show Don't Tell, War Paint, Chain Lightning = songs never featured on a dvd release and/or songs never or rarely played live which I'm hoping they carry over with from the Clockwork Angels tour...more songs rarely or never played

Regardless, Presto is a great album and War Paint and Chain Lightning would benefit from the heaviness of their current live sound.

I would prefer Red Tide or Available Light over War Paint but I don't think it's realistic that they would play either of those...but..

PRESTO is MAGIC

I've got one.

SET ONE

Tom Sawyer

Show Don't Tell

Lock and Key

Secret Touch

Caravan

Nobody's Hero

Jacob's Ladder

Marathon

The Anarchist

YYZ / "The Rhythm Method" (drum solo #1)

SET TWO

Limelight

Far Cry

The Enemy Within (Part I of "Fear")

The Weapon (Part II of "Fear")

Witch Hunt (Part III of "Fear")

Freeze (Part IV of "Fear")

Subdivisions

The Trees

Limbo / "On the Down-Low" (drum solo #2)

Resist (acoustic)

2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx

Natural Science

Headlong Flight / "Drumbastica" (drum solo #3)

ENCORE

Xanadu

The Spirit of Radio

EDIT: I changed Between the Wheels to Jacob's Ladder, and I threw in The Trees. Much better!

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

As I read all these set list posts and song suggestions, I can't help but feel bad for Alex, Geddy, and Neil. From various interviews, it seems they do take collective fan opinions in to consideration when building their set lists, but man we are such a demanding, ecclectic lot! It's a bit like trying to get everyone at work to agree on a place for lunch... or herding cats... or herding cats while trying to decide on lunch...

Anyway, that said, how cool is it that we even get to debate the topic? It's obvious they are going out again and that is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

From my little corner of the world, I suspect this tour - given the 40th, 41st... 41th?! angle - will feel a bit like R30. No, I am not suggesting another Feedback EP (but that would be fun, yes?), but I am suggesting I would not be surprised if they threw in another medley of early work to satisfy those of us a little longer in tooth. Likewise, given they seemed to embrace the 80s synth era with their deep track selections the last round, I would not be surprised if they give a nod to the 1990s and play a little more Counterparts and T4E.

Perhaps just as interesting to debate... any ideas on who will make a cameo appearance in the pre and post show videos?

• Like 2

As I read all these set list posts and song suggestions, I can't help but feel bad for Alex, Geddy, and Neil. From various interviews, it seems they do take collective fan opinions in to consideration when building their set lists, but man we are such a demanding, ecclectic lot! It's a bit like trying to get everyone at work to agree on a place for lunch... or herding cats... or herding cats while trying to decide on lunch...

Anyway, that said, how cool is it that we even get to debate the topic? It's obvious they are going out again and that is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

From my little corner of the world, I suspect this tour - given the 40th, 41st... 41th?! angle - will feel a bit like R30. No, I am not suggesting another Feedback EP (but that would be fun, yes?), but I am suggesting I would not be surprised if they threw in another medley of early work to satisfy those of us a little longer in tooth. Likewise, given they seemed to embrace the 80s synth era with their deep track selections the last round, I would not be surprised if they give a nod to the 1990s and play a little more Counterparts and T4E.

Perhaps just as interesting to debate... any ideas on who will make a cameo appearance in the pre and post show videos?

I think they know what we are like already. :) I feel sorry for them too. We are a demanding lot with very strong opinions and likes/dislikes.

As for who will make a cameo appearance in their pre and post show vid, I nominate myself. :cool:

• Like 2

Is PoW your favourite album? If it is, awesome!

I want at the very least a single track from every album...three hour sets and you skip an entire album? Nah...thats inexcusable.

I don't know about a structured setlist, but I want these songs:

Here Again

Take A Friend

Working Man

Bastille Day

The Necromancer

2112 (full)

Tears

Lessons

A Farewell To Kings

XANADU

Cinderella Man

La Villa Strangiato

Freewill

Witch Hunt

Red Barchetta

Analog Kid

New World Man

Losing It

Kid Gloves

Distant Early Warning

Marathon

Grand Designs

Mystic Rhythms

Force Ten

Lock And Key

Second Nature

Chain Lightning

Presto

Available Light

Ghost Of A Chance

Dreamline

Cold Fire

Animate

Carve Away The Stone

Test For Echo

Driven

Nocturne

The Larger Bowl

Malignant Narcissism

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Wish Them Well

And on top of all this, it would be with support from Alter Bridge.

I think they know what we are like already. :) I feel sorry for them too. We are a demanding lot with very strong opinions and likes/dislikes.

As for who will make a cameo appearance in their pre and post show vid, I nominate myself. :cool:

They should have a section where they video all the TRL forum fans and put them on the DVD.

• Like 2

They should have a section where they video all the TRL forum fans and put them on the DVD.

What they should have is a special TRF section roped off at every concert just for us. A VIP section. Right up front and center. And all trespassers are cited and a hefty fine slapped on them.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

What they should have is a special TRF section roped off at every concert just for us. A VIP section. Right up front and center. And all trespassers are cited and a hefty fine slapped on them.

And special backstage passes included. :)

• Like 1

Head Long Flight

One Little Victory/Dreamline

Show, Don't Tell/Test 4 Echo

Marathon

Workin Them Angels

Force-10

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

Spirit Of Radio

Xanadu

2112 Overture

BU2B

Driven/Animate

Clockwork Angels

Malignant Narcissism

Time Stand Still/Ghost of A Chance

The Enenmy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Drum Solo 'Hockey Night with Latino Stuff'

La Villa Strangiato

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Fly By Night

In The Mood

• Like 1

I agree, I think both a medley of 70s tunes and some 90s tunes are very likely. I'd like to see Tenacious D in the opening video!
  • Like 2