Which band that started their recording career in 1974 will retire first?

treeduck

Which band who started their recording career in 1974 will retire first?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which band who started their recording career in 1974 will retire first?

• RUSH
    • Judas Priest
    • KISS
    • Kansas

Judas is actually on their final tour right now, so it'll be them.

Though I've wanted KISS to hang it up since Ace left the band in '01, and when Paul's voice was still golden. He sounded beautiful up until about 6 years ago. Go listen to a recent KISS performance. At least Geddy is able to sing in tune with plenty of melody, Paul is basically tone deaf now.

I don't expect Rush or Kansas to retire within the next few years.

Though I've wanted KISS to hang it up since Ace left the band in '01, and when Paul's voice was still golden. He sounded beautiful up until about 6 years ago. Go listen to a recent KISS performance. At least Geddy is able to sing in tune with plenty of melody, Paul is basically tone deaf now.

Priest finished the Epitaph tour in 2012, now they're releasing a new album. That doesn't sound like retirement.

Priest finished the Epitaph tour in 2012, now they're releasing a new album. That doesn't sound like retirement.

Heh? Hmmm I thought they said that was their last tour. Maybe they're also pulling a KISS and saying "farewell tour" means nothing lol

Heh? Hmmm I thought they said that was their last tour. Maybe they're also pulling a KISS and saying "farewell tour" means nothing lol

They say now they only stopped the 150 date world tours.They're just scaling down the amount of dates.

I really enjoyed the Kiss reunion tours. I think I went to 3-4 shows with the original line up (Including opening night at Tiger Stadium). But they totally lost me when they dressed Eric and Tommy in Peter and Ace's gear.

And seeing some vids on YT of recent tours it's pretty clear Paul doesn't have it anymore.

Time to hang it up and call it a good run.

(or dress Nick in Gene's gear, get a new Paul and call it the KISS EXPERIENCE.. which I would be at least interested in seeing)

• Like 2

I only voted for who I'd like to see retire, heh.

I don't know who will be first, but it's a virtual lock that Kiss will be last. Gene will milk that cash cow as long as he can. He'd play postmortem if he could...from inside a Kiss coffin. :haz:

JMO.

• Like 3

Kansas are still around?

Yeah they do the county fair circuit these days.

Which is quite a shame. I watched a video of them performing recently and they were really good. Livgren isn't there anymore but their performing is still great.

I only voted for who I'd like to see retire, heh.

Which one?

Kansas

Kansas are still around?

Yeah they do the county fair circuit these days.

Really? What a shame...makes me want to give them another shot...

Of the four I am edging towards JP. Something tells me they need a real rest.

I don't know who will be first, but it's a virtual lock that Kiss will be last. Gene will milk that cash cow as long as he can. He'd play postmortem if he could...from inside a Kiss coffin. :haz:

JMO.

I'd figure they'd keep going until they all drop dead and have world tours of wax figures of them on stage playing to playback live recordings of theirs.

As for who I think will retire first, well like some of those who voted, I only choose the one I'd like to see retire first, which is Kiss.

• Like 1

Kiss should have retired 10 years ago. The thing with musicians though is that music is in their blood and they usually play until they die. I have a feeling that's what's going to happen with Rush.

I downloaded Judas Priest's discography two years ago and still haven't gotten into it. I don't know how they managed to stay around for as long as they have.

I had no clue Kansas was still around.

I saw Kiss in 2011, and it was amazing, tonnes of fire, loud loud music and great stage presence. But I don't understand how they are going to keep going for much longer with the same 15 songs, but if they got this far they might last forever.

And Rush is actually able to write new music that is good. They could be around for a while longer. Geddy's voice is their biggest issue, if he decides he can't sing anymore then they could be done.

I think I have to go with Kansas or Judas Priest.

JMO.

I'd figure they'd keep going until they all drop dead and have world tours of wax figures of them on stage playing to playback live recordings of theirs.

As for who I think will retire first, well like some of those who voted, I only choose the one I'd like to see retire first, which is Kiss.

:LOL: :ebert: And then they'll all melt during the finale.

Kiss should have retired 10 years ago. The thing with musicians though is that music is in their blood and they usually play until they die. I have a feeling that's what's going to happen with Rush.

Did someone say "Kiss" and "musicians" in the same sentence (or even in proximity)?

:huh:

• Like 3

I really enjoyed the Kiss reunion tours. I think I went to 3-4 shows with the original line up (Including opening night at Tiger Stadium). But they totally lost me when they dressed Eric and Tommy in Peter and Ace's gear.

And seeing some vids on YT of recent tours it's pretty clear Paul doesn't have it anymore.

(or dress Nick in Gene's gear, get a new Paul and call it the KISS EXPERIENCE.. which I would be at least interested in seeing)

With me, even though this is a Rush forum, I can talk about this forever. I know that Ace and Peter are the original members, but Eric and Tommy have each been there longer than the member they are "replacing". They deserve more respect than what people give them.

With me, even though this is a Rush forum, I can talk about this forever. I know that Ace and Peter are the original members, but Eric and Tommy have each been there longer than the member they are "replacing". They deserve more respect than what people give them.

Tommy and Eric are both better musicians, especially Eric. Eric's almost too skilled as a drummer to play Kiss songs. Peter Criss's stuff was pretty simple. Imagine our dear Pratt sitting down to play some stuff from Def Leppard.

Still, they should hang it up. Paul is terrible nowadays. Really hurts after listening to their performance with the Australian Symphony, which was wonderful, and to hear him now...

• Like 1