Cell Phone zombies

Lost In Xanadu

Do you have to deal with them? People glued to their cell phone, walking, texting, oblivious to the world around them. Seems like they're everywhere in the office, and they're multiplying....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/12/article-2143530-130F1A63000005DC-42_468x286.jpg

• Like 6

I think the worst thing is they expect you to get the hell out of their way.

The best solution is to hold your position and let them walk right into you. Then, you can rip them a new one for not watching where they're going.....:LOL:

• Like 3

I've never been able to master walking and doing stuff on my phone. Driving is another story......

I think the worst thing is they expect you to get the hell out of their way.

The best solution is to hold your position and let them walk right into you. Then, you can rip them a new one for not watching where they're going..... :LOL:

Yeah, and if they're lucky they will drop their smartphone to the ground breaking it, thus setting their minds free ... or something :P

• Like 1

I cannot imagine what it must be like to be attached to that contraption 24/7 and being lost without it. It is bad enough the internet has a hold on me without being enslaved by a cell phone too

Yeah,

Like idiots at work who should be working. Management does nothing. Pisses me off!! :madra:

• Like 2

I cannot imagine what it must be like to be attached to that contraption 24/7 and being lost without it. It is bad enough the internet has a hold on me without being enslaved by a cell phone too

Yeah,

Like idiots at work who should be working. Management does nothing. Pisses me off!! :madra:

I guess the management is busy using their smartphones too :P

• Like 2

I'm guilty of this, I admit. I don't walk around town in it but I'm on it way more than I should be. Gotta check TRF for updates! :LOL:

Agreed.

I am one of them

Careful! ... Watch out for that tree!

I will check as soon as I click se...

*ouchies*

• Like 2

Multiplying? Surely they've got better things to do with those expensive high-tech devices than simply use the calculator! ;) Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 2

Yeah,

I guess the management is busy using their smartphones too :P

Well,

They sure aren't using their authority to do any thing about it. :sarcastic:

What's really sad is when you see a group of people all sat together, but they're all just staring at their phones...Doesn't occur to them to talk to each other? :huh:
  • Like 5

I only got my first smartphone a couple of months ago; I haven't become one of those people, and I don't plan to, of course. But I have found myself using it more than I thought I would. For example, I've used it to visit The Rush Forum in the middle of the afternoon, while I'm at my desk (or in a dark corner, or in the bathroom) at work.

That's not so bad, right?

What's really sad is when you see a group of people all sat together, but they're all just staring at their phones...Doesn't occur to them to talk to each other? :huh:

I think it's especially sad when I see families doing this- each having their own devices in hand, and they don't even look at each other.

• Like 3

What is it about smartphones that upsets you guys? Is it people talking on them nonstop, texting nonstop, playing games nonstop, using Google maps, using the internet, playing games, watching YouTube, reading on a Kindle?

You guys keep acting like using the device is what is bothering you, but that is irrational. That's like saying someone driving a car is bothering you. No, it must be something they're doing that is making you mad.

Obviously, I use my smartphone ALL the time. I don't text or talk much, but I am always using it for maps, fixing stuff, watching YouTube videos, reading news, translating words, and, of course, posting on this forum.