Counterparts next tour???

Pars123

IMO, Counterparts was their best 90's album! There's only one song I would call mediocre and that is "The Speed of Love". Every other song kicks ass! They should play more songs from it! Yes or No and why?
  • Like 2

I could learn to resist anything from Counterparts.

(Yes, I know Resist is from Test for Echo. But the sentiment is still valid.)

• Like 3

Animate - meh.

Stick it Out - bit o' life there. I'm not as fond of it as I once was.

Cut to the Chase - still dig it. Cool solo

Nobody's Hero - mmmm...no.

Between Sun & Moon - there's the Rush

Alien Shore - I like it except for how he sings "Shore" (Show-whore, it sounds like, to me)

The Speed of Love - don't even get me started

Double Agent - different but cool. Nice and heavy

Leave That Thing Alone - still growing on me, at a steady but can't-be-denied pace

Cold Fire - bit o' life there, too, but a bit in-your-face

Everyday Glory - one of the infamous group of does-nuthin' closing songs that I can barely even remember

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

There's nothing mediocre about The Speed of Love.

The song? or the experience? I agree with you if it's the latter.

No. The former. And why should the fact that you don't like the song disturb me who does like it?

You know, I think I'll listen to it right now. Maybe I'll come around.

• Like 1

No. The former. And why should the fact that you don't like the song disturb me who does like it?

I'm listening to it right now myself. :wub:

• Like 1

I'm listening to it right now myself. :wub:

Okay, well, that happened. It's a lovely little tune, I guess, and I can appreciate it on the basis of certain criteria that I don't apply to the rest of the songs on the album, or what I'd like to hear live. That's convoluted, I know, but I'm trying to be not too critical (I like how you're getting me to take responsibility for my opinions!). At any rate, I sort of zoned out, but I did manage to focus on some things. The riff is totally Alex, no doubt about it. Geddy's funking out on the bass a bit (in a slow, sleepy sort of way, if that makes sense). But I did zone out. Double Agent brought me back, got the blood flowing again.

• Like 4

I've been thinking about their upcoming schedule for a while now. I'm hoping 2015 still sees them on the road or at least in the studio. Given we're halfway through '14 and little to nothing concrete has been said about a '15 tour,or a return to the studio, I'm starting to wonder if 2015 is still in their plans....especially if Al has only mentioned it once and nothings been said from either Ged's or Neil's camp.....(unless I've missed some recent updates?) Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

I'm hoping on the next tour they have a giant papier-mache screw and nut that they burn in effigy while apologizing to the universe for ever creating something as awful as counterparts.

Yeah, but what do you really think of it!? I remember going to the record store with my brother to buy Counterparts, and we were wandering around in the store and my brother said, "they're playing the new Rush right now." I said, "no, they're not. That's not Rush." And we had this argument and I conceded that the singer sort of sounded like Geddy, but there was no way. But of course he was right. Here I was, the biggest Rush fan I thought, but I didn't recognize the band when I heard them.

Oh God...I just ate half a pie. Why did I do that??

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Absolutely. I'm hoping for Cut To The Chase, Cold Fire, and the return of Animate.

Everyday Glory and Nobody's Hero would be nice too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut to the chase and animate are the most likely to be played, and maybe cold fire or everyday glory. I'd go for the album in its entirety, it is one of my favorite albums, and it seems that I am not the only one who isn't a fan of speed of love. Not a bad song, just rather weak.

Those who talk rubbish about this album have no place in my heart.
  • Like 1

Love to hear almost anything from it, just no Cut to the Chase, Alien Shore, or Speed of Love