Those that complain on the sound quality on Clockwork Angels CD,

YYZumbi

I did that at first, I was really disappointed on the Clockwork Angels CD when it comes to sound quality, I couldent stand it.

And then one day, I bought the vinyl, and when I was listening to it the first time, I said to my self: wow! This is like a another album! The sound quality is just great, its not as compress as the CD.

And then I noticed that in the package on the vinyl, it was a little download-code, so that I could download the album in Flac or Mp3 on Rush website.

So I went to the Rush website and downloaded the album in Flac. And then I was listening to the Flac-files, and it sounded as good as the vinyl! Not compress at all, as the CD.

So for those that hate the sound quality on the Clockwork Angels CD, buy the vinyl, even if you dosent listen to vinyl, and download the album from Rush website! Its such a huge different!

Why do they do it on this way? How can it be such a huge different between the vinyl, the files, and the CD?

• Like 2

I haven't owned a record player in years. Don't know if i'll ever buy one again. And yes the sound does suck on the CD. shame cause there is quality material there. I just really don't want to deal with that wash of ugliness. It's staggering that they released it like that. The only way it's ok is on headphones at a low volume. Sorry i didn't notice you said you can convert. Hmmmmmm.....is it really truly worth it?

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I haven't owned a record player in years. Don't know if i'll ever buy one again. And yes the sound does suck on the CD. shame cause there is quality material there. I just really don't want to deal with that wash of ugliness. It's staggering that they released it like that. The only way it's ok is on headphones at a low volume. Sorry i didn't notice you said you can convert. Hmmmmmm.....is it really truly worth it?

Mick

You can't convert the files from the cd and get a better result. If the quality you put in is crap, then the end result will be crap that only takes up more space. The reason the high resolution files sound better is because they never were downsampled to cd quality :)

I did that at first, I was really disappointed on the Clockwork Angels CD when it comes to sound quality, I couldent stand it.

And then one day, I bought the vinyl, and when I was listening to it the first time, I said to my self: wow! This is like a another album! The sound quality is just great, its not as compress as the CD.

And then I noticed that in the package on the vinyl, it was a little download-code, so that I could download the album in Flac or Mp3 on Rush website.

So I went to the Rush website and downloaded the album in Flac. And then I was listening to the Flac-files, and it sounded as good as the vinyl! Not compress at all, as the CD.

So for those that hate the sound quality on the Clockwork Angels CD, buy the vinyl, even if you dosent listen to vinyl, and download the album from Rush website! Its such a huge different!

Why do they do it on this way? How can it be such a huge different between the vinyl, the files, and the CD?

That's what I've been saying all the time :P

The reason they sound different is because you have to master for two different mediums. It's like there is a natural limit to the amount of loudness you can squeeze into a vinyl record. The fact that it is an all analog medium generates alot of harmonic distortion (think of it as enhancer not guitar like distortion) that adds harmonic content. That's one thing cd's don't have which can contribute to their more clean/sterile sound. It's a major reason why I prefer vinyl over cd.

• Like 1

I don't have any problem with the audio it's the video that sucks.

Sorry, misread the thread title. Thought we were talking about the DVD.

It's not possible to purchase this download (without buying the album)? I thought about buying the LP anyway, just for old time's sake. I miss the vinyl days. Big ol' album sleeves. Still have all my old Rush gatefold album covers.

Is there anyway of downloading without the code? Or is that illegal?

Is there anyway of downloading without the code? Or is that illegal?

That is call being a pirate, and yes, that is illegal. Support the band!

Edited by Zumbi

It's not possible to purchase this download (without buying the album)? I thought about buying the LP anyway, just for old time's sake. I miss the vinyl days. Big ol' album sleeves. Still have all my old Rush gatefold album covers.

I have no idea, but I dont think its possible.

The download code in my "Clockwork Angels" lp is for some reason not working... :(

I'm sure if you email those responsible for Rush merchandise they will help you. I had a download code for Peter Gabriel's SO album that didn't work and one of the CDs didn't play correct, so I emailed them and everything was sorted no questions asked.

I bought the vinyl on day 1, just looked inside and don't have a download code.

It should be on a piece of paper.

I don't have that piece of paper.

That is weird... Try and contact those responsible for Rush Merchandies and ask them.

Playing CA now. I still think it could do with a remaster but I am amazed by how those so critical of the sound quality fail to still be taken in by just how amazing the songs are!

The Wreckers and Headlong Flight have such beautiful choruses...

• Like 1