Which album will they showcase in 2015

losingit2k

I bet it's going to be Grace Under Pressure or Hold Your Fire. Most likely the first choice though.

They won't showcase Hold Your Fire. They know that a lot of people really don't like that one.

If they showcase Grace Under Pressure I'll die happy.

• Like 1

I bet it's going to be Grace Under Pressure or Hold Your Fire. Most likely the first choice though.

I thought that too, but I'd prefer Signals myself. To tell you the truth, as long as I am there at the concert, I don't care what they play (as long as they play Xanadu of course :wub: ).

• Like 2

I'd love for them to do Grace Under Pressure in its entirety. Permanent Waves would be awesome too but I think a lot of the songs on it are out of Geddy's vocal range.

They won't showcase Hold Your Fire. They know that a lot of people really don't like that one.

I would love for them to showcase HYF. They could do some of the less polarizing songs like: Time Stand Still, Lock and Key, Prime Mover, and Turn the Page
  • Like 3

I would love for them to showcase HYF. They could do some of the less polarizing songs like: Time Stand Still, Lock and Key, Prime Mover, and Turn the Page

Swap Time Stand Still out for Mission and I'm down for that!

• Like 1

Never!!!

I prefer TSS to Mission, but I would like if they were both included

Whatever they do I hope they drop the clockwork theme. I thought it was cool to start with but it's getting old after two tours now.
  • Like 1

Whatever they do I hope they drop the clockwork theme. I thought it was cool to start with but it's getting old after two tours now.

Agreed. It'd be nice if they went back to semi-normal with the amps on stage and any unorthodox appliance item behind Geddy. The stuff behind him over the last couple tours were cool, but a little over the top.

The dryers and the rotisserie ovens were badass.

• Like 2

GUP would be an excellent choice. The songs are still in Geddy's singable range and they all translate well live.

I have never heard one song by Rush that didn't translate well live.

Can you name me one so that I can check it out?

Edited by Lorraine

GUP would be an excellent choice. The songs are still in Geddy's singable range and they all translate well live.

It just occurred to me that you might be referring to Geddy's voice?

Double Agent comes to mind. Great little song, not translated well live IMO

• Like 1

Last tour besides their featured album (Clockwork Angels) Rush decided to highlight Power Windows as well. Which album do you think they will showcase on the next tour and why?

I think they will Play All of Permanent Waves on the next tour as the featured album. I also think that the will showcase Counterparts on this tour. It was a very good album for them and one that hasn't really been captured live. I think they will play:

Animate

Stick it Out

Cut to the Chase (Never played Live)

Alien Shore (Never played Live)

Cold Fire

from Counterpart.

Holy f**k....are you trying to ruin my weekend. This is the worst idea ever. If they really did 5 songs from Counterparts, it might make me go to at least 2 fewer shows than usual. What a tragic, crowd-killing mistake that would be. Fortunately, the boys know that and would never play more than 2 songs from that shit-burger.

PeW would be great.

No Presto or CP please.

I read the post and said to myself "why is someone making sense on this board?" I saw the name and it all made sense.

• Like 2

They just jammed a ton of synth down fans' throats, despite knowing that most people find that to be the band's worst period, musically. I don't know if they care what people think...which is mostly a very good thing.

• Like 1

Last tour besides their featured album (Clockwork Angels) Rush decided to highlight Power Windows as well. Which album do you think they will showcase on the next tour and why?

I think they will Play All of Permanent Waves on the next tour as the featured album. I also think that the will showcase Counterparts on this tour. It was a very good album for them and one that hasn't really been captured live. I think they will play:

Animate

Stick it Out

Cut to the Chase (Never played Live)

Alien Shore (Never played Live)

Cold Fire

from Counterpart.

Holy f**k....are you trying to ruin my weekend. This is the worst idea ever. If they really did 5 songs from Counterparts, it might make me go to at least 2 fewer shows than usual. What a tragic, crowd-killing mistake that would be. Fortunately, the boys know that and would never play more than 2 songs from that shit-burger.

Counterparts was hardly a Shit-Burger Sir. Regardless, I too prefer PeW as the next album in its Entirety. I do want them to dish out Cut to the Chase from Counterparts though. Rush never playing that one was a travesty.

• Like 2

Even just the latter three would make me happy!

• Like 2

I have a REALLY good feeling we'll see Xanadu next tour. I think 5 or so easy-to-sing Counterparts songs would complement it nicely. Cold Fire, Cut to the Chase, Double Agent, Everyday Glory…and LTTA of course!
  • Like 2

I have a REALLY good feeling we'll see Xanadu next tour. I think 5 or so easy-to-sing Counterparts songs would complement it nicely. Cold Fire, Cut to the Chase, Double Agent, Everyday Glory…and LTTA of course!

There's no way in hell they'll play that much from Counterparts

There's no way in hell they'll play that much from Counterparts

I doubt they'll play more than 2.

• Like 2

There are a few songs that didn't work so great live.......mostly off of Presto, RTB, CP, & T4E. Time and Motion comes to mind. Stick It Out is another. Roll The Bones is always bleh live (I'm not a hater of that album). There were a few others. Double Agent.....War Paint.......Far Cry........

On the other hand, some songs came across great live that may not've been expected. SCARS was awesome live. Prime Mover.......heck all of HYF sounded better live, even with Alex's tinny GK solid state amp sound. Those songs would be great with new life. Mission was kick ass with real tube amp guitar tone.

Edited by LocalsBandGuy
  • Like 1

Presto.

They've only played 2 songs off it since their return, compared to 4 apiece from RTB and Cp. HYF (other than Force Ten) has been largely ignored too.

They should also bring back something (1 song would do) from T4E.. completely stiffed the last 3 tours. I'd love to hear Driven or the title song, or bring back acoustic Resist and have it after the drum solo.