Get me front row!!!

brianb23

Can't wait until the next tour comes in around next year, I really want to finally get in the front row for a show without paying the after sale prices, need some help getting first pick at tix.... Who else in RI, MA, CT, NH area willing to help? Closest I've been is 2nd row... At least once, love to be a lucky one to get in the front and center!!! I'll bring my BLAH license plate to hold up!!!

I may as well ask my questions too about this.

Since I have dial up, getting a ticket on-line is completely out of the question. I also want to sit in the first row. I prefer to be right in the middle of Geddy and Alex.

What are my options? How do I acquire a reasonably priced ticket and how to go about getting one without the internet? If I wait until the last minute, do front row seats become available? I only want one ticket.

Without using the internet you'll have to rely on the old fashion way of getting front row seats. Either you get lucky or you know someone who can get you those tickets. Radio stations give away good seats to but i'm not sure if they would be front row or not.

Even with the internet some great luck is still involved when it comes to getting front row tickets at face value. If you want to pay a high amount of money you can always go to a site like Stubhub or another online ticket site where people might be selling those seats. I did that to get front row on the Time Machine tour. Looking back on it now, I can't believe I spent that much on two front row tickets for my brother and I but at the time it just made sense to me.

• Like 1

Without using the internet you'll have to rely on the old fashion way of getting front row seats. Either you get lucky or you know someone who can get you those tickets

Alex, Geddy or Neil, did you read that? Have a :heart:!

Seriously though, I won't (primarily because I can't) pay an exorbitant amount for a ticket.

• Like 1

Anything back to about sixth or seventh row you can get really good eye contact with the guys. I got some second row tickets online and I didn't buy them until several hours after they went on sale. Also got fifth row tickets a couple of times the day after they went on sale. A lot of it's going to depend on the venue. Also a lot of times extra tickets will go on sale a few days before the concert. I got my ticket for Chicago that way. Third row and bought it two days before the concert.
  • Like 1

I have had zero luck with the pre-sales. I am on there at 10am and the best I have ever gotten is 9th row.

I splurged on the CA tour and spent $800 a piece for 4 front row (I only had to cover 2 of them) from a broker. I figured it might be my last chance. It set me back a couple of months but I would do it again in a Heart beat. Other than getting married and having children, it was the best experience of my life. I think about it all the time-just an unreal experience.

We should start an online petition to have them change their ticket practices to allow the "fans" better access to tickets!!!!! Sure to work....

• Like 3

I have had zero luck with the pre-sales. I am on there at 10am and the best I have ever gotten is 9th row.

I splurged on the CA tour and spent $800 a piece for 4 front row (I only had to cover 2 of them) from a broker. I figured it might be my last chance. It set me back a couple of months but I would do it again in a Heart beat. Other than getting married and having children, it was the best experience of my life. I think about it all the time-just an unreal experience.

We should start an online petition to have them change their ticket practices to allow the "fans" better access to tickets!!!!! Sure to work....

Wow, you paid $800 a piece for your front row tickets? It makes the three hundred a piece I spent for my front row seats seem like chump change now :LOL:

I'm not sure if you're serious about the petition but it would be interesting to start one just to see how far it can go. There's a lot of BS that Rush's management would probably have to go through in order for that to work. There's just too many people and companies who seem to have access to the best tickets now. It might be quite the pain for them to fight against that.

• Like 3

After buying tickets for the last three tours, I practically gave up all hopes of me ever getting remotely close to front row and now I'm quite satisfied to get a reasonably decent priced ticket in the upper rows of the venue while getting a clear view of the stage (I'm on the short side) and to a lesser extent good sound. The closest I ever got to the front was on the CA Tour where I was like some 15-20 rows behind front row and that cost me $150-200 I do believe.
  • Like 1

When I saw Rush during Clockwork Angels Tour, I was on first row twice, first time infront of Alex and the second time infront of Geddy.

I guess I am just lucky, but it was the best thing ever! :D

• Like 1

I scored front row, center seats 1 and 2 during the regualr sale on the 2012 tour and lost them by typing in my credit card info wrong...I hope that whoever picked them up after I lost them enjoyed them as much as I would have.

I am holding out that lightening will strike twice and I will again be able to score the perfect seats on the next and maybe final tour.

the closest I've been able to get is row 12 and that blew me away, I have no idea how great front row would be.

• Like 2

At least with the CA tour, how did you guys know you were getting nth row seats prior to going to the venue (if you were buying them from a reseller, how did the reseller know they had front-row seats)? I did the VIP tix last tour and didn't know where my seats were until after I went and picked them up at the ticket window, immediately prior to the show.

I scored front row, center seats 1 and 2 during the regualr sale on the 2012 tour and lost them by typing in my credit card info wrong...I hope that whoever picked them up after I lost them enjoyed them as much as I would have.

I am holding out that lightening will strike twice and I will again be able to score the perfect seats on the next and maybe final tour.

the closest I've been able to get is row 12 and that blew me away, I have no idea how great front row would be.

That's the saddest story I ever heard.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-waterfalls.gif

• Like 1

At least with the CA tour, how did you guys know you were getting nth row seats prior to going to the venue (if you were buying them from a reseller, how did the reseller know they had front-row seats)? I did the VIP tix last tour and didn't know where my seats were until after I went and picked them up at the ticket window, immediately prior to the show.

This is the big mystery to me, too - it is some sort of conspiracy. How do the brokers know tickets they have so soon.

Kenny true that! It was for Buffalo which ended up being a sold out show and maybe even the largest attendance wise in 2012. I am still teary eyed everytime I think about it.

FWIW I scored the front row in the regular sale...just got really really lucky(and unlucky to lose them), not VIP, not presale, not after market. One thing this proves is there is at least some available to the average Joe concert goer.

• Like 1

Yep, the world is a totally different place these days. Money is king and if you don't got it, move to the back of the room. Was just checking for available seats for Kiss/Def Leppard later this summer and to sit in the first rows will cost you $1250 per seat. And that is from Ticketmaster, not a third party! Back in the day the good seats went to the kids that camped out in front of the box office the night before they went on sale, today its all about money. I just by a decent seat and crash the stage at the appropriate moment. Never fails.

• Like 3

This is the big mystery to me, too - it is some sort of conspiracy. How do the brokers know tickets they have so soon.

You haven't figured out that Ticketmaster has their own ticket broker company? I think at one point Ticketmaster was taken to court about it, but it is a common practice will release prime tickets to a broker to sell at an extreme premium.

• Like 1

Yep, the world is a totally different place these days. Money is king and if you don't got it, move to the back of the room. Was just checking for available seats for Kiss/Def Leppard later this summer and to sit in the first rows will cost you $1250 per seat. And that is from Ticketmaster, not a third party! Back in the day the good seats went to the kids that camped out in front of the box office the night before they went on sale, today its all about money. I just by a decent seat and crash the stage at the appropriate moment. Never fails.

Andrew, you are so right. Even the night of the concert, you could still get a good ticket for $20 from someone standing in front of the venue trying to sell. Up to the early eighties, I could get a front row ticket from a scalper for $75.00. Can you believe it? That won't even get you in the front door anymore.

• Like 1

As someone who has gotten decent tickets the "honest" way (meaning, I bought VIP tix and got lucky) I think anyone that crashes the stage needs to die in a fire. This happened a couple of times during the CA tour—I paid a whole lot of money for a decent ticket only to find people without tickets (in one case, a guy that was about 6'6") standing in front of me, blocking the view. Seriously, don't do that. All you're doing is screwing over the other fans.

• Like 2

Can't wait until the next tour comes in around next year, I really want to finally get in the front row for a show without paying the after sale prices, need some help getting first pick at tix.... Who else in RI, MA, CT, NH area willing to help? Closest I've been is 2nd row... At least once, love to be a lucky one to get in the front and center!!! I'll bring my BLAH license plate to hold up!!!

Hey...if he gets one I want one...

Because they are all in it together....

• Like 1

As someone who has gotten decent tickets the "honest" way (meaning, I bought VIP tix and got lucky) I think anyone that crashes the stage needs to die in a fire. This happened a couple of times during the CA tour—I paid a whole lot of money for a decent ticket only to find people without tickets (in one case, a guy that was about 6'6") standing in front of me, blocking the view. Seriously, don't do that. All you're doing is screwing over the other fans.

I also had a guy on my CA concert I went to that was doing the same. He wasn't cheering or anything, he just stood blocking the view, until he went to some table after the first set to get a bunch of beer and talk... that really sucked cause I loved half of the songs they did in the first set.

There are some bands that do justice for their fans by releasing EXCELLENT PRIME seats in their pre-sales. It is too bad that this band does not do the same. For the band that I will never mention here, I have had PRIME standing right in front of the stage for the last 5 tours they have done without fuss nor worry.

So it is not all bands that do this, just the greedy ones.

Edited by drgrendel
  • Like 1

I may as well ask my questions too about this.

Since I have dial up, getting a ticket on-line is completely out of the question. I also want to sit in the first row. I prefer to be right in the middle of Geddy and Alex.

What are my options? How do I acquire a reasonably priced ticket and how to go about getting one without the internet? If I wait until the last minute, do front row seats become available? I only want one ticket.

Go to a library and use their computer for free.

If they do the tickets like last time, there is no requirement to be "one of the first" in line. I ordered mine weeks after they went on sale and I had 4th row, center. You'll have a 1/15 chance of being in the front row. That's the whole point of doing it that way. The people who can camp online have no advantage. Very few venues do the first 15 rows sell out quickly...because they are expensive.

• Like 1