Get me front row!!!

brianb23

I don't know how anyone gets a front row seat unless you pay someone BIG MONEY for them.

We have tried many times over. We were first in line here and were still relegated to an upper deck!

Then since we learned being first did not mean shit, we took to internet tickets.

We were online ready well before they started selling them and never got on the lower level of any venue.

Frankly, I am of the opinion now, that I am not getting any younger. For the next show thats within a reasonable driving distance, will be attended front row regardless of price. I now know, this is the ONLY way. Pay or stay home.

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone gets a front row seat unless you pay someone BIG MONEY for them.

I bought VIP tix when they went on sale. Yeah, I paid a lot of money, but I paid a lot less than I would have if I went through a scalper or third-party. The thing was, I had no idea where I would be sitting (other than in the first 15 rows) until I picked up my ticket on the night of the show.

I bought VIP tix when they went on sale. Yeah, I paid a lot of money, but I paid a lot less than I would have if I went through a scalper or third-party. The thing was, I had no idea where I would be sitting (other than in the first 15 rows) until I picked up my ticket on the night of the show.

And that there is the reason its not fair. You should be able to pick your seat and seats should be sold "first come, first serve". With no brokers allowed until the second day of ticket sales.

I waited outside for Tom Petty several years ago and we were the very first in line. We got seats on the side and on the second level.

Its a f***ing scam.

Edited by John V

There are some bands that do justice for their fans by releasing EXCELLENT PRIME seats in their pre-sales. It is too bad that this band does not do the same. For the band that I will never mention here, I have had PRIME standing right in front of the stage for the last 5 tours they have done without fuss nor worry.

So it is not all bands that do this, just the greedy ones.

I believe I know what band you're taking about. They're the only band that i've seen that does the whole presale thing proper. For those wondering, this band sends out a special code to the members of their fan club and when the presale starts, these fans have first access to the best seats in the house. I've gotten to be right up front for them at a few shows because of this method. Their presale usually lasts a couple days, so the diehard fans that want to spend the money on up close tickets have a good opportunity to get them before the rest of the public does.

If only Rush would use this method, the whole VIP thing they do is terrible. I know you get some extra goodies with it but if I'm paying $300 I need to know where i'm sitting right away.

• Like 1

If only Rush would use this method, the whole VIP thing they do is terrible. I know you get some extra goodies with it but if I'm paying $300 I need to know where i'm sitting right away.

I bet they don't tell us where we are sitting so that we don't turn around and resell the tix. It's harder to resell for top price if you don't know where the seats are.

Of course, that does not explain the ads you see for "front row tix".

• Like 1

It would be nice this next tour if the VIP thing would actually include something cool like actually letting people go backstage and meet them.

Yeah I know. I'm dreaming.

• Like 1

I have a friend who is a ticket broker in NY. I once asked him how he gets the best seats and can advertise them before they even go on sale/presale. He wouldn't really give me a direct answer on the HOW, but he basically said that no matter what venue or band, the brokers will ALWAYS have the best seats beforehand. It's just a matter of whether or not they will advertise them before the on sale date. closest I've gotten was 3rd row for SNA tour which I scored by logging on 5 minutes before they were supposed to go on sale.
  • Like 1

Just so I understand: Do I need to buy VIP tickets to have a chance at front row tickets?

Unless you happen to win tickets I would say that's your best bet. Especially since they're doing it with the VIP Nation now.

:bump:

I just came across this quote from Max Mobley's Rush FAQ:

"Ticket sales, at least in the U.S., are controlled by a monopoly that does questionable things like sell a portion of good seats at face value to a subsidiary who can sell them to the highest bidder. Ticketmaster, the well-known ticket company in the U.S., owns several resale ticket agencies where a Rush fan can by [sic] a new Rush ticket that was never available at face value for five times that face value."

So we paid a crazy amount and got front row Alex side. BEST TIME EVER! As someone once said " I wish I could do all again"

The interaction with Alex and Geddy was worth every penny. Watching them play that close was amazing it seemed surreal.

• Like 1

So we paid a crazy amount and got front row Alex side. BEST TIME EVER! As someone once said " I wish I could do all again"

The interaction with Alex and Geddy was worth every penny. Watching them play that close was amazing it seemed surreal.

Yup. That is exactly why it is worth sitting in the first couple rows!

I had front row tix for Newark coming up in less than two weeks, and then I didn't. The girl selling them to me privately also had them on stubhub and they sold there after I had already paid her half the money. Sucks big time, but I have 4th row center. Those will do fine.

There are some bands that do justice for their fans by releasing EXCELLENT PRIME seats in their pre-sales. It is too bad that this band does not do the same. For the band that I will never mention here, I have had PRIME standing right in front of the stage for the last 5 tours they have done without fuss nor worry.

So it is not all bands that do this, just the greedy ones.

Not sure if you are blasting the almighty Rush here, but they release quality 18th row and better floor seats day of show so fans can get them while scalpers have little options with them since they are day of show seats.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I may as well ask my questions too about this.

Since I have dial up, getting a ticket on-line is completely out of the question. I also want to sit in the first row. I prefer to be right in the middle of Geddy and Alex.

What are my options? How do I acquire a reasonably priced ticket and how to go about getting one without the internet? If I wait until the last minute, do front row seats become available? I only want one ticket.

Go to a library and use their computer for free.

If they do the tickets like last time, there is no requirement to be "one of the first" in line. I ordered mine weeks after they went on sale and I had 4th row, center. You'll have a 1/15 chance of being in the front row. That's the whole point of doing it that way. The people who can camp online have no advantage. Very few venues do the first 15 rows sell out quickly...because they are expensive.

In the dreaded NY Metro, prime VIP seats are gone in seconds cuz Rush sells VIP at fair prices, $400. Bands like VH that try to get $750 for VIP, easy peasy scoring those.