Ghost Of A Chance?

Lorraine

I suspect that this song is disliked intensely by most here, but I like it, and I'd like to see them include it in their set list.

Disliked intensely, no. But I don't want to see it on their set list unless they were to play 90 songs.

• Like 1

I'll just call them up and ask them to give me a private concert - just myself and a few of my Rush friends.

Can I join your private concert then? :P

• Like 1

I'll just call them up and ask them to give me a private concert - just myself and a few of my Rush friends.

Can I join your private concert then? :P

Maybe. Can you play the drums?

• Like 1

I saw them play this on the Snakes and Arrows Tour and it was pretty great. I agree with Sheldon, the song is one of those rare goodies in one of their worst albums but I'm inclined to say no since there's so many better candidates.
  • Like 2

I believe there's a Ghost of a Chance they will play this song again, and make it last…

But I'd like to see them try!

• Like 2

Ghost of a Chance is on S&A DVD? Where?

Never mind. I found it on the third disc. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Third disc! That's what I meant. Never was good at math.

What does the fact that they did the song on the S&A tour have to do with doing it on their next tour?

Probably a lot of fans unconsciously (or maybe consciously!) categorize tunes: classic songs that the band is sort of obligated to play (Tom Sawyer), classic songs that will blow people away when they are occasionally played (Xanadu), deeper cuts that will occasionally make an appearance (Presto)--but that some fans consider songs taking up valuable time that could be used to play other songs...I suspect Ghost of a Chance falls into that category for a lot of people. I happen to like the song a lot, myself—one of the saving graces of Roll the Bones. But when I think of Rush, it's not the song (or album) that I think of first (or second or third or fourth).

Edited by toymaker

What does the fact that they did the song on the S&A tour have to do with doing it on their next tour?

Probably a lot of fans unconsciously (or maybe consciously!) categorize tunes: classic songs that the band is sort of obligated to play (Tom Sawyer), classic songs that will blow people away when they are occasionally played (Xanadu), deeper cuts that will occasionally make an appearance (Presto)--but that some fans consider songs taking up valuable time that could be used to play other songs...I suspect Ghost of a Chance falls into that category for a lot of people. I happen to like the song a lot, myself—one of the saving graces of Roll the Bones. But when I think of Rush, it's not the song (or album) that I think of first (or second or third or fourth).

Neither do I. But there are many threads here asking about songs to do for their next tour - mostly songs that they either have never done or haven't done in a while.

deeper cuts that will occasionally make an appearance (Presto)--but that some fans consider songs taking up valuable time that could be used to play other songs...I suspect Ghost of a Chance falls into that category for a lot of people.

Well described.

I saw them play this on the Snakes and Arrows Tour and it was pretty great. I agree with Sheldon, the song is one of those rare goodies in one of their worst albums but I'm inclined to say no since there's so many better candidates.

Agreed. I saw two different legs of that tour. The first leg, it was not part of the set (at leat at the show I saw - I think that had a bit of a set rotation). The second leg (Dallas), it was. I rather enjoyed it.

Agreed. I saw two different legs of that tour. The first leg, it was not part of the set (at leat at the show I saw - I think that had a bit of a set rotation). The second leg (Dallas), it was. I rather enjoyed it.

They swapped out Entre Nous, Circumstances, and Distant Early Warning/Summertime Blues for Ghost of a Chance, Red Barchetta, and 2112.

I got lucky and got to see both legs :D

The live version of this song is fantastic! I was listening to it this morning as I was getting ready for work.
  • Like 4

I suspect that this song is disliked intensely by most here, but I like it, and I'd like to see them include it in their set list.

Just another laundry list of things Neil doesn't believe in. Except for ghosts of a chance, he believes in those. I like the guitar solo.

• Like 1