Double Agent next tour?

YYZumbi

I am sitting here and watching the video-bootleg from Counterparts Tour called A View From The Palace, and they are playing Double Agent, and its so cool live, and Geddy is almost not singing anything on the song, so its perfect for his voice on next tour!

What you think?

Eh. That speaking part is precisely why I wouldn't want to hear it live. Love the song, just doesn't translate well live IMO. Really fun to play on guitar though :haz:
  • Like 3

I love this song, but I think it works better as a studio recording than a live performance.
  • Like 1

"'Double Agent' was a complete exercise in self-indulgence, and really, it was one of the last things we wrote on the record. We'd written all these songs that were heavily structured and were crafted and meticulously worked on: this note and that note, and this is a song we just wanted to kind of get our yah-yahs out and just have a bit of a rave. And really, it's one of the goofiest songs I think we've ever written, but I'm quite happy with the result. In its own way, I think it's an interesting little piece of lunacy." -Geddy Lee

I'd love to see this live! also a fun song to play on drums!

• Like 3