Casablanca

The Aviator

Silver Linings Playbook

Inception

Cabin In The Woods

Back To The Future Trilogy

Despicable Me 1 + 2

The Bourne Trilogy

I would like to point out that Inception is one of my all-time favorite movies, thanks.

On the other hand I do agree with Avatar.

Edited by jefeltner11

Anything with Will Ferrell in it.

Including Elf? Hrmmm

Especially Elf

I found it a good silly sort of movie. I agree with a lot of the rest of his films being mediocre e.g. Semi-Pro, Blades of Glory, and Old School.

Including Elf? Hrmmm

Especially Elf

I found it a good silly sort of movie. I agree with a lot of the rest of his films being mediocre e.g. Semi-Pro, Blades of Glory, and Old School.

Talladega Nights was crappy too. And I'm not a fan of Anchorman, for that matter.

American Hustle

Casablanca

The Aviator

Silver Linings Playbook

Inception

Cabin In The Woods

Back To The Future Trilogy

Despicable Me 1 + 2

The Bourne Trilogy

I would like to point out that Inception is one of my all-time favorite movies, thanks.

On the other hand I do agree with Avatar.

Can I just say I like all these films. I find them overrated because, for every example (except maybe Cabin), I can think of a dozen superior similar flicks. For example, Avatar. Compare it to any of Hayao Miyazaki's science fiction epics, and you are left with a lot to be desired. It lacks grace, majesty, beauty and mysticism, which Miyazaki paints effortlessly across broad and inspired (hand animated) landscapes. I find Avatar genuinely feels so forced, and preaches in a way that patronises (whereas Miyazaki lets you think and decide for yourself). It bears a lot of similarity to the exo-themed Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, which along with the epic manga upin which it based, leaves James Camerons calculated, routinely scripted, multi hundred-million dollar romp gathering dust. And in all honesty, the finest Disney animations carry a lot more emotional weight and resonance than Avatar, a simplistic and juvenile film disguised as more adult fare by virtue of the odd naughty word.

Inception is a fine film. But if I am honest, the dream sequences don't feel dreamlike. As beautiful as they are, they look far to much like a video game than any dream I have ever had. Shutter Island and The Adjustment Bureau tackled similar themes in a way I enjoyed a whole lot more.

As for Casablanca, its ok. Compared to Brief Encounter and The Philadelphia Story, two dramas of that era, I find it immensely flat and to be quite honest, boring.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

The latest rehash of Les Miserables was overpraised imo. It wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't the be all & end all of musical film either.

I found it to be a glorious experience, but Hugh Jackman's vibrato seriously did my head in!

Including Elf? Hrmmm

Especially Elf

Dude, Elf is awesome. My heart feels your darkness now. I'm sad

I thought Elf was underrated...

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

Segue I dig your posts. But IMO, anyone who puts Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in their top 10 favorites should be barred from any conversation regarding a movies greatness or lameness

• Like 1

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

Segue I dig your posts. But IMO, anyone who puts Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in their top 10 favorites should be barred from any conversation regarding a movies greatness or lameness

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

• Like 1

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

• Like 1

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

• Like 1

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

• Like 1

The Aviator

Inception

The Bourne Trilogy

Yes. But I rank that as a guilty pleasure...not a masterpiece...

Any James Cameron or Michael Bay movie is overrated in my honest opinion...

As a fan of Alfred Hitchcock, I think Vertigo and (to a lesser extent) Psycho are overrated, they make North by Northwest look underrated (perhaps, it's because it's sandwiched between his two most famous movies). Shadow of a Doubt, is another underrated Hitchcock film as well.