What tour would you go back to see if you had a time machine?

YYZumbi

133 members have voted

1. 1. What tour would you go and see?

• Rush Tour
    • Fly By Night Tour
    • Down The Tubes Tour (Caress Of Steel)
    • 2112 Tour
    • All The World's A Stage Tour
    • Drive 'Til You Die Tour (A Farewell To Kings)
    • Hemispheres Tour
    • Permanent Waves Tour
    • Moving Pictures Tour
    • Exit Stage...Left Tour
    • Tour Of The Nadars (Signals)
    • Grace Under Pressure Tour
    • Second Tour Of The Nadars (Power Windows)
    • Hold Your Fire Tour
    • Presto Tour
    • Roll The Bones Tour
    • Counterparts Tour
    • Test For Echo Tour
    • Vapor Trails Tour
    • 30th Anniversary Tour
    • Snakes & Arrows Tour
    • Time Machine Tour
    • Clockwork Angels Tour

I've never been to a real concert with tickets and public access and everything :( Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I've never been to a real concert with tickets and public access and everything :(

You should. Have you not had the opportunity or just never went to one?

That would be one of the highlights of going to a Rush concert - meeting in person those I have come to know here.

Lorraine,

Just from the wording it sounds like you've never been to a Rush concert? Can that be?

"Can it be? Yes it could." Visit my boring profile page some time and you will see for yourself.

And if they don't come to my city this next tour, I can't get to them. If I can't get to them, I may have to depart this valley of tears without ever having seen Rush live. We must not let that happen.

This needs to be fixed. You MUST see Rush live!

Don't fear the outdoor venues. Now that pretty much all Rush shows have assigned seats it's not at all like going to a general admission festival in the mud. Just make sure the weather is good so you're not sitting in the rain (although I certainly hope the outdoor shows are only scheduled during seasons of good weather).

• Like 2

That would be one of the highlights of going to a Rush concert - meeting in person those I have come to know here.

Lorraine,

Just from the wording it sounds like you've never been to a Rush concert? Can that be?

"Can it be? Yes it could." Visit my boring profile page some time and you will see for yourself.

And if they don't come to my city this next tour, I can't get to them. If I can't get to them, I may have to depart this valley of tears without ever having seen Rush live. We must not let that happen.

Don't fear the outdoor venues. Now that pretty much all Rush shows have assigned seats it's not at all like going to a general admission festival in the mud. Just make sure the weather is good so you're not sitting in the rain (although I certainly hope the outdoor shows are only scheduled during seasons of good weather).

I know it needs to be fixed. The one and only other time I felt this way about any band was almost 45 years ago.

• Like 1

I voted for Moving Pictures tour. That would've been a sight to see.

Second choice is Test For Echo Tour.

3. Hemispheres Tour

The set has every good song from the 70's in it. I can't think of a single song from the 70's that I love dearly that was ignored on this tour (ITM again though...). After listening to Universe Divided bootleg, this reaffirms my desire to see this tour.

Universe Divided huh? I would like to hear that.

x1yyz, we will fix this for Lorraine. She will hear Xanadu live and it will mean the world to her. :wub: :wub: :wub:

All that's left is to make sure that Rush actually plays Xanadu again :LOL:

I'm willing to bet they'll bring it back for the R41 tour, though.

• Like 1

x1yyz, we will fix this for Lorraine. She will hear Xanadu live and it will mean the world to her. :wub: :wub: :wub:

As much as I like and enjoy most everybody here Lorraine is the one I would most love to attend a Rush show with. I barely remember my young kids excitement anymore on Christmas morning but I bet it would be similar. If Xanadu is played in its entirety then look out!!! I hope for you Lorraine your Rush dreams come true and then some..... :rose: :wub: :)
  • Like 5

As much as I like and enjoy most everybody here Lorraine is the one I would most love to attend a Rush show with. I barely remember my young kids excitement anymore on Christmas morning but I bet it would be similar. If Xanadu is played in its entirety then look out!!! I hope for you Lorraine your Rush dreams come true and then some..... :rose: :wub: :)

Might've been asked before, have you been to any shows recently, Narp? I know you took a musical break after Power Windows for albums, but what about live? :D

Might've been asked before, have you been to any shows recently, Narp? I know you took a musical break after Power Windows for albums, but what about live? :D

I took my daughter to The Vapor Trails tour show and took my son to the Snakes & Arrows tour show. Both were in Charlotte NC. They were both around 16 or 17 at the times we went. My fondest Rush memories to date. They both enjoyed it so much and of course knew all of the older material..... :cheers:
  • Like 2

I took my daughter to The Vapor Trails tour show and took my son to the Snakes & Arrows tour show. Both were in Charlotte NC. They were both around 16 or 17 at the times we went. My fondest Rush memories to date. They both enjoyed it so much and of course knew all of the older material..... :cheers:

Any chance you'll be heading out another time? You did kinda miss the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels Tours

Any chance you'll be heading out another time? You did kinda miss the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels Tours

I will be going to the next one you can bet on it. I would love for the whole family to go. I met my wife November 16, 1979 and saw Rush every year from 79' - 87' and then the other 2 shows I mentioned and she swears she hasn't ever gone with me to see them. I would like her and both my now grown children to go if I can afford it......
  • Like 3

I just pity the person(s) who winds up sitting next to me. :LOL:

I would LOVE to sit next to a true fan, someone who gets excited during the show!

Previously I went to two shows with male friends, both of whom just stood there watching. Then I went to two shows with female friends, both of whom were jumping around, singing, and having an obviously wonderful time! Guess who was more fun? :dweez:

• Like 2

I would contribute to a Make Sure Lorraine Sees Rush fund!

• Like 4

I would contribute to a Make Sure Lorraine Sees Rush fund!

Me too and if I weren't 3000 miles away I would love to attend with her. I mean that sincerely. How special would that be? I would be in fine company anyway.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

Lorraine,

I know it needs to be fixed. The one and only other time I felt this way about any band was almost 45 years ago.

And especially since it sounds like they're going to do more and more summer outdoor shows rather than indoor arenas.

Signals tour was by far the best, if only the songs off Signals had sounded like that on the record! I know the band have unearthed Digital Man on later tours but it sounded naff to me, only the Analog Kid has been improved on. Standing so close to the band in the middle section of The Weapon was like some religious experience.
  • Like 1

Having attended 2 Rush concerts in outdoor arenas, I can say it is a great experience, even though both were in July and it was HOT! I specifically remember looking up at the stars as Neil played his 3rd solo on the Clockwork Angels tour and getting chills (song was dedicated to Neil Armstrong). I am so hoping you'll get to go Lorraine! :Neil:
  • Like 3

Having attended 2 Rush concerts in outdoor arenas, I can say it is a great experience, even though both were in July and it was HOT! I specifically remember looking up at the stars as Neil played his 3rd solo on the Clockwork Angels tour and getting chills (song was dedicated to Neil Armstrong). I am so hoping you'll get to go Lorraine! :Neil:

Thanks, Rhyta! I know all about getting chills listening to Rush. Where I live, it is hot right now, and I still get the chills listening to or watching them. Who can help it? :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Test For Echo. Such a great setlist, and then all of 2112 to close Act 1. Also, they were sounding bloody good, and it was their first 2 act tour.
  • Like 2

I was most in awe of them after Hemispheres so in that sense, that would have been the most special show to see at the time (I didn't; too young to travel). But with the benefit of hindsight it would be one of the post-MP pre-Signals shows.