Photography thread

LittleRushmonkey

I love winter sports and know how good they are for the soul. This year I volunteered for the Special Olympics Winter games and let me tell you, these kids/adults are amazing.

Opening ceremonies.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_1591_zpsimktb8x1.jpg

• Like 6

Got up 5.30 this saturday morning, ate a quick breakfast, slammed down a cup of espresso and headed out the door with my tripod and camera. Walked down to the beach and set my gear up and waited for the sun to rise. Normally it would be pretty simple but the weather tricked me today. The colors were muted and lacking I though, so I snapped some photos and packed up my gear again. Started walking with my back to the sun along the coastline, and curiosity had me looking back over my shoulder. The colors were coming back rapidly, so I hurry to set up my tripod and camera again. The reason the sun wasn't giving the color saturation I was looking for, was that the sun was obscured by haze in the horizon. I had to get up to a certain point to be clear of it. So instead of getting the picture at nautical twilight as I would suppose you would do, I got it at sunrise.

But I got what I wanted even though it wasn't how I planned it.

24879221982_70d200a3b3_c.jpg

• Like 7